PDA

View Full Version : Morning excitement

trinity
11-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Hopefully you can picture this....

Zingo (orange and white, 12 pound short hair, male) makes it quite a point of chasing Plague(black, 6 pound long hair female) around the house at least once a day. Every once in a while she taunts him with this look that says "You can't catch me" and then they are off to the races. But mostly he just does it for the heck of it...evidently this morning she decided she had enough. Zing was just inside the bedroom and Plague was about 2 feet away in the hall. My husband, who observed all this, said all of a sudden Plague hunkers down, does the butt wiggle to rev up...and shoots straight at the Zing monster. Bowls him over and them holds him down and baps him over and over with her paws(no claws showing though! Thank goodness...). This went on for about a minute until hubby finally recovered from the shock of seeing her do this enough to break in and distract her. She sauntered down to the living room with a very cocky air about her...Zingo hid under the bed. It took about 20 minutes before he ventured back out and I think we may have to take him to therapy...my poor little guy! I picked him up, he tucked his head into my shoulder and held on...I felt so bad for leaving him...and laughing at him...just proves you gotta watch out for the quiet ones, they can turn on you when you least expect it!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-21-2003, 10:25 AM
Great story! :D :D

Tubby has always been the dominant one in our house. He's been there longer, and is bigger and bolder than Peanut, so I guess it's natural that he's head cat. This hasn't happened lately, but there for awhile, Peanut was doing about the same thing to Tubby! It was like she was sick of his s**t and was telling him to leave her alone already! Like you, we were in shock the first few times it happened, and we actually let her go because sometimes Tubby is just a big bully and we thought he deserved to be put in his place - and we also knew that if he really wanted to he could turn the tables on her in a minute. So we made sure that didn't happen, and just let them play out their kitty dominance issues. ;) :D :D

Too funny! :D :D

CatDad
11-21-2003, 10:47 AM
You have to watch out when hassling the queit ones, they will strike back eventually.:)

Thanks for the story!

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-21-2003, 10:59 AM
Such a great description - you really made the whole incident come alive! It was such a relief to read this! For the past few days Ally has been "punching" Connor on the butt or head when he walks past her! It's almost like she is reminding him that she was here first! Although given the size difference, Ally better pray that Connor does not get fed up and turn on her - he weighs AT LEAST double her weight!!

trinity
11-21-2003, 11:19 AM
That was it exactly! Zingo is twice her weight but she just had enough for some reason this morning. My mother keeps telling me I should get a video camera and set it up just to see what goes on when we aren't there...I really wish I had one this morning when all this happened....what made it even better was a little after the fact when Zingo finally came down to the living room, he got to the bottom of the steps and just kind of peaked around the post to see where she was...and about 10 minutes later, Oatmeal decided to smack him once or twice too! Poor Zing! It just was not his day! I told my boss I almost had to stay home to comfort my cat...fortunately she is an animal person and understood once I told her the story...

Edwina's Secretary
11-21-2003, 11:25 AM
What a great description of the excitement at your house! I could really visualize it.

Edwina, although 25% smaller than Eddie, is the bopper. This morning she bopped him at the top of the stairs then they ran down. As Edwina walked away Eddie followed...bouncing up and down as if to say "come on...do it again, do it again!"

Killearn Kitties
11-21-2003, 11:31 AM
:D A video would have been great, but I can see the whole incident so clearly in my head! Hilarious!

Logan
11-21-2003, 01:04 PM
What a great "mental" picture I have of those two!! Perhaps it is easy for me because my "lightweight" Mimi is very good at taking care of Butter, who is probably twice her size and weight, if not more. :eek:

Barbara
11-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Girls rock:D They are good in self-defense these days:D

But -no kidding: here it can be Filou (7,5 lb) who jumps on Tigris (13 lb). Of course if it gets more serious Tigris wins.

That butt-wiggling thing -isn't it too cute?

jenluckenbach
11-21-2003, 04:42 PM
LOL :D :D

sirrahbed
11-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
LOL :D :D

DITTO!!!

RedHedd
11-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Hee Hee! Got a great "visual" from your description :) Mitzi (10+ lbs) bops Mishi (16 lbs) with her little white mitts quite often. It's so funny to see :D

ChrisH
11-22-2003, 02:46 PM
LOL! :D :D

catcrazylady
11-23-2003, 12:12 AM
LOL http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif I always think it is funny when one of our bully's gets a pay back!! Great visual!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

stacwase
11-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Yeah! Plague! You go, girl!

catmandu
11-23-2003, 12:45 PM
And the Meek shall inherit the Earth. That was a good story. JJJ3 is the bully here , especially as I am rationing his whiskas Temptations. So when they all get some , JJJ3 tries to get more than hi share. Well Michael didnt care for that and POW! WHAM! KAPOWIE! Just like the old Batman Tv show! JJJ3 backed off , all was calm, all was bright!