PDA

View Full Version : A Favorite....

DogLover9501
11-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Okay well I know its not fair to have favorites, but some people do have a favorite dog, but they shouldnt show it...

My uncle Jack and aunt Kim, have 2 pitbulls, male & female, the male is the one who they take for walks and take in the truck, I have NEVER seen them walking the female, or taking her in the truck. Even when they say the word 'truck' only Targa(he male) seems to even know the word! I think thats sad, I actually think the female is sweeter and more friendly, and they must know that aswell, because whenever people are visiting them, the male is in the room, and the female is out with everyone else! I dont think its fair to favor one dog, unless one is all you have!

wolfsoul
11-21-2003, 10:24 AM
Aww, that doesn't sound fair. Are you sure the female doesn't like walks or gets sick in vehicles? I know a dog that is terrified of going for walks.

Rio and Me
11-21-2003, 10:25 AM
That poor little girls, sound like she's ignored?!?
its not fare to favour, they get really jelous about things like thats!!
have you mentioned it to them?
Ky and Rio

amoore
11-21-2003, 12:42 PM
I feel that way too. My mom has a poodle dog named Danny ,she has had him for 15yrs and she got a Chihuahua two yrs ago named little bit . my mom is 72yrs old and so she might not be thinking about it, but she no longer acts like she loves him . she spanks him when he does things to get her to pay attention to him , like she does little bit . He started messing in the house cause she is letting little bit doodie in the house and then she whoope s him . I can't seem to get her to understand he is missing the pampering she use to give him , and he don't under stand why littlebit can do things like that and its all right . I know my niece says ,Mom keeps Danny locked in a pet carrier a lot . does not take him out when he needs to go . I live 900 mile from mom so i can't go and help her with ,like I would like too . But it kills me to hear her fussing on Danny all the time and praising Littlebit ! I try to tell her he is old and needs to be loved more than ever .:( I know that jojo seems to want me to hold her a lot more since I got Tiny . I try to show her as much love as I do tiny . Tiny likes for Jojo to be with her . jojo won't let anyone near tiny ,she is afraid they will take her away ! :D

K9soul
11-21-2003, 12:48 PM
That is very sad amoore :(. Older pups need as much love and pampering as younger, if not more.