PDA

View Full Version : This was a CLOSE one!

petlover
11-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Ok. This was very scary. We just ate bologna sandwiches right. Well, we put the red string stuff on the outside in the trash can. I got done and came in here and set down by the computer. Hallie follows slowly and I am starting to wonder what is taking her so long. About that time, Hallie comes in. She is acting like she needs to throw something up, and is sticking her tongue out. She is kind of gagging. I open her mouth to see if there is something in there and I don't see anything. I continue to type a message. SHE continues to gag and etc. I am scared by now. I put the clues together and figure to look under her tongue. ( Clue: she was sticking out her tongue.) I open her mouth again and lift up her tongue. I then see a red string wrapped around her tongue. I grab it and lift it up over her tongue. It still won't come out. So I tug a little bit more and it slides out. IT IS THE BOLOGNA STRING!!! It was accualy caught in her THROAT! We are talking life taking risk. That was a very scary deal. We figured out that the cat knocked the trash can off of the chair, and Hallie got into it. ( Hint: trash all over the floor) We like to keep our trash can up high so that the dogs can't get into it. Was that scary or what? Very close call.

DogLover9501
11-20-2003, 08:38 PM
that was very lucky! Good thing it didnt happen when there was nobody home, Im glad you kept an eye on her and got it out! :D

Karen
11-20-2003, 08:45 PM
Trash cans with lids! That's the only safe way ... At work we only put food-related trash in a very tall barrel with a lid that snaps on.

binka_nugget
11-20-2003, 08:50 PM
:eek: Sounds scary indeed. I'm glad she's alright now.

petlover
11-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Yes, she is alright now.:) Thank goodness. I am definately going to go out and buy a trash can with a lid as soon as possible! That was so dangerous. Just imagine what could have happened if we weren't here! :( Never mind, don't imagine. Let's just be thankful that she is alright now.:)

sabies
11-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Glad everything's ok. How scary! Definitely trash cans with lids are the only way to go.

bunyfoofoo
11-21-2003, 12:28 AM
i also think that trash cans with lid are a good idea and that u are lucky to think of looking under her tounge. knowing me i wouldt have thought of that. but that is very good u did and im glad shes alright and lets hope that will never happen again especially if no ones home.

K9soul
11-21-2003, 11:11 AM
Tommy, Tasha and I are all so glad Hallie is okay. We congratulate Hallie on having such a quick-thinking and concerned Momma too!

bunyfoofoo
11-23-2003, 11:44 PM
im still very glad shes alright:)