PDA

View Full Version : A fund raiser

jenluckenbach
11-20-2003, 06:56 PM
EDIT: July 1, 2004 We are still receiving donations from people at Pet Talk, and we all at One By One thank you. See last post for an update :)

EDIT: Dec 31,2003 Thank you to all who helped with this fund raiser. As of the end of 2003 we here at pet talk raised over $500. But the need continues, so if at any time you ever feel a $1 burning a hole in your pocket, the people at One by One will know how to put it to good use.
At this moment, among other things, we will be helping Timmy's new mom cope with unexpected medical bills for his surgery. My other foster Tuscany will be requiring an operation for a turned-in eyelid so no further damage to his eye occurs. And the list goes on.
the shelter mailing address (as posted later in this thread) is:

One By One
27 Garman Rd.
Kutztown, PA 19530.

THANK YOU ALL

original post starts here
I would like to promote the rescue organization that I foster through. Our name is One By One cat rescue. We are all volunteer, relying on donations, and are no-kill. I am personally asking all my friends and acquaintences to visit our website and donate $1 through paypal. Why $1? Because in today's day and age where a simple cup of coffee costs MORE that $1, I figure that each person could afford to go caffeine free for one day :) a little joke...hee hee The truth is, I hope to get a larger response by not being too demanding. If you all lived in my neighborhood, I'd probably be selling you raffle tickets, but you are spread over the entire globe.

our website is:
www.1by1.petfinder.org

Please visit and donate if you are able and do NOT feel obligated to explain all of the reasons you why are NOT donating. If I had asked you in person you could just kindly say, no thank you.

If you can afford more than $1, we will be grateful ;)

Do it for me as a friend, do it for the kitties, do it because the season of giving often starts off with 1 simple dollar.

Thank you and God bless.

Freckles
11-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Jen, is PayPal required to make a donation?

jenluckenbach
11-20-2003, 07:23 PM
for paying through the website, I think the answer is yes. I could post a shelter address for personal checks for anyone who is interested or anyone could PM me for my address. Any checks would be to ONE by ONE so no one would have to worry about me taking the money and running.

the shelter's mailing address:
One By One
27 Garman Rd.
Kutztown, PA 19530.

jenluckenbach
11-21-2003, 03:18 PM
I would like to extend my personal thank you to sirrahbed and Killearn Kitties for their donations and also to Freckles for her offer to mail a donation. The kitties and I thank you for your kindness.
Most of our cats started out as homeless strays and are now learning how wonderful it can be to have a circle of family and friends that love them. Thank you for becoming part of that circle.

Rachel
11-23-2003, 07:10 AM
How considerate of you to ask for just a small amount. I really get upset with organizations list a suggested amount of $25, $50 $100 or more. It makes people who can afford less feel as if their donation would be considered *cheap* and not be appreciated, hence they don't participate at all. Well, that's how I feel anyway.

I will be sending a donation by check. Good luck with your fundraiser.

tatsxxx11
11-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Oh, Jen!!:) Working with a rescue group myself, I fully understand the stress your group is under, every day, to keep yourselves up and running! How about I skip a few Starbucks Cappas??;) I'll be sending my contrib. in via PayPal!! You're the best, Jen!:)

Cataholic
11-24-2003, 10:06 AM
Jen,
I will be mailing in my contribution directly to the organization, k?
Thanks for loving the kitties.
Johanna

jenluckenbach
11-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Did you know that pet talk has donated over $130 so far?? Great work guys!

lynnestankard
11-25-2003, 08:53 AM
Good luck with your marvellous work Jen., I've donated on the site and fallen in love with a Meezer called Chico!!

Lynne

kuhio98
12-09-2003, 09:44 AM
Jen - I broke down and decided to give Paypal another try. Donation on it's way. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I also wrote an e-mail to our no-kill shelter and suggested they investigate getting registered with Paypal. http://www.adopt-a-cat.org/

Lisa

jenluckenbach
12-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Thank you Lynne, Lisa and also a thank you to Slick (I got your check)

Lias, I hope they go for the paypal idea. It is a good way for people to donate easily.

jenluckenbach
12-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Let me thank Kuhio and PayItForward for donations just received via paypal. I do not wish to embarrass anyone, but with those donations our total just jumped considerably. :)
{{{HUGS}}} to one and all.

AvaJoy
12-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Since I don't have a Paypal account, I will send a check to the address you gave, Jen. I hope many others will also contribute to help offset the tremendous cost involved in helping those kitties in dire straits. I'm so glad you have reached out to us! :)

jenluckenbach
12-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Thank you AvaJoy :)

jenluckenbach
12-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Thank you Lorraine (rg_girlca). The kitties thank you very much.

There was also a donation, originating in MD form a lady by the name of Sarah (last name edited from public view). It is assumed to be a pet talk person, but I must admit, I am not certain who it is. :o Very embarrasing, especially if I should know.:o
If you are out there, thank you.

PayItForward
12-28-2003, 07:50 AM
Jen... Just a bump in case some haven't seen this thread.

*Being very nosey* So how much has been raised to date ?

jenluckenbach
12-28-2003, 05:47 PM
At least $525 and 2 large donations (total of $220) that are presumed from pet talk But I do not recognise the names and they have remained anonymous even after I sent them e-mails to confirm how they heard about the fund raiser.:confused: But I thank them either way. :D

AvaJoy
12-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Wonderful!:D Surely the donations will help the kitties, and I hope that the New Year will find them in deserving, loving, forever homes.:)

G.P.girl
12-30-2003, 07:53 PM
i'm so sorry i can't donate! i'm kinda permanatly broke, as my parents have stopped giving me allowance(:rolleyes:) but i wil try to get them to donate too. good luck kitties!:)

jenluckenbach
12-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Thank you CatsInDenver for your donation! :)

jenluckenbach
01-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Thank you Tracey (KrazyAboutCats) for yet another generous donation to the kitties! :D

jenluckenbach
01-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Thank you AGAIN to PayItForward for another fonation to the kitties! :D

jenluckenbach
01-04-2004, 12:50 PM
As an example of the type of bills our organization comes up against, little Timmy's vet bill came to $1800.00 .

Considering our agreement (application) states implicitly that there are no guarentees on the health of the animals adopted, One by One is paying this bill (which occured AFTER adoption). I am proud to be a part of this organiation.

mimi420
01-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Could you tell me more about your organization. I'm only about an hour from kutztown, PA and manage a pet store. If I posted a flyer in my store for your cause you might get some more donations. Animal people help animal people. I try to encourage the shelters in my area to hold adoption days at my store. They've been a great sucess and hopelfully have helped alot of needy pets. P.S. checks in the mail.
miminancy:) The Truth Is Out There

jenluckenbach
01-10-2004, 05:41 AM
I am not sure exactly what to say aboiut One by One.
We are a no-kill rescue
We ask adopters to sign an adoption agreement that states that they will keep the cat indoors and NOT have it declawed. And it must be neutered if it is adopted at an early age.
All cats old enough, will already be neutered.
All cats are kept up to date on shots.
All cats are tested for FeLV/FIV, wormed, flea treated.
We have a shelter as well as foster homes. The shelter is un-manned but can be visited by appointment.
We have an adoption day event every other Sunday at the Petco store in Wyommissing, PA. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. This Sunday (Jan 11) is our day)
Adoption fee is $50.
We do like to do a home visit and a vet check but have been know to travel if we feel the home is a good one.

for telephone numbers or addresses you (or anyone) can visit the website.....www.1by1.petfinder.org

Any other info you'd like?

Thanks

PayItForward
01-18-2004, 06:01 AM
*Bump*

AvaJoy
01-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
. . . We have an adoption day event every other Sunday at the Petco store in Wyommissing, PA. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. This Sunday (Jan 11) is our day) Adoption fee is $50. . . Thanks

I'm happy to learn that your adoption fee is reasonable, as that is a factor in encouraging adoptions.

There are several cat rescue networks in my area that display their adoptables at PetSmart, and upon my visit last week I noticed that their fees (which USED to be in the $50. - $65. range) have now increased to $100.!!!! I NEVER remember a $100. "price tag" on a cat up for adoption there, except for one touted as a purebred Himy.

I understand that they want to weed out the uncommitted adopters and also cover their vet bills, but I know for a fact that at least one of these resuce groups has a Vet that will spay/neuter for next to nothing . . . in fact, a representative will come and pick up your trapped stray, have it fixed, and return it to you for a fee of only $10.00. I have yet to get contact info., but am working on it as my Vet no longer participates in the low cost spay/neuter program from where I used to purchase certificates ($35. female, $30. male) . . . and gosh, ten bucks would certainly be a lot easier on my pocketbook for ongoing TNR. :)

It may be an arrangement between friends and not across the board, but I will find out.

I'm sure the average person walking into PetSmart just looking for a pet cat would be put off by such a high adoption fee, so who is the loser here?? The homeless cats, first and foremost. I'd hate to think the fee is overinflated in order to pad the PERSONAL pockets of these rescue women. I met a LOVELY devoted women cleaning the cages on one of my visits, and then had the displeasure of talking on the phone with a total WITCH of a woman . . . both from the same organization! Turned out that the %itch was the organization's president, therefore I will NEVER deal with that group again, all because of her arrogance. She needs to refrain from public relations (PR), or else her cats will never get adopted, what with her haughty, condescending attitude. Geesh! :rolleyes:

Sorry for venting, but anyway I'm glad your group is able to keep its adoption fees within reason, and I hope this thread brings many more contributions, Jen. Keep up the wonderful work!:)

jenluckenbach
01-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Our spay actually costs between $50 and $90, so we do not even make that cost back. Plus the price of tests, shots, wormer, flea preventative. It is ALL on donations because as you see, adoption fee does NOT cover it. :(

jenluckenbach
03-06-2004, 07:59 PM
WOW!
We just got a surprize donaton from across the big pond :)

Thank you Killearn Kitties :D

jenluckenbach
07-01-2004, 07:10 PM
I received this e-mail from our One by One treasurer:

I was looking at our PAYPALS history and to date we have had donations totaling $1,048.30 ...mostly from Jens contacts.

And I know that just in the past few days yet another wonderful donation came in from the people at Pet Talk (Kuhio.....to be exact)

Thank you to ALL and especially to those who realize that fund-raising is an on-going, never ending thing.

You have helped many kitties survive :):)

jenluckenbach
07-13-2004, 03:03 PM
YIPPEE!!!!

Yet another donation from Pet talk......

Thanks Lynne :D:D:D

lynnestankard
07-14-2004, 05:53 AM
My pleasure Jen - carry on the good work :) :)

Lynne