PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Bunch Of @!^&^%$@$%^%

petlover
11-20-2003, 12:26 PM
This is the BIGGEST bunch of CRAP that I have ever heard come out of A FRIEND'S mouth!!:mad: She said that pets don't really have feelings, and that they don't understand you. I can't believe it!:mad: :mad: My own FRIEND. I was just talking to her on the phone, and that's when she said that. Also, she said that pets only mope around when they are sick! She said that they don't miss you when you are gone either. I had no idea thatwas how she thought about our sweet and beloved BEST FRIENDS. How could she say that about them? They always understand, and they have more feelings then 2 girls. I think that their feelings show more strongly then 2 legged people do. What do ya'll think?

P.S. Sorry if I got a little over exotic in this message. That just made me mad.

moosmom
11-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Jan,

Let's face it, people who don't experience the unconditional love of a pet, are CLUELESS.

The girl is an idiot and blowing smoke out her butt.

petlover
11-20-2003, 12:33 PM
hahaha You are right. Miranda ( girl ) is a total idiot. I never thought about how she could say that since she's CLUELESS. She does have a few dogs, but she does not have that animal touch that all of us on PT do.:)

ramanth
11-20-2003, 12:36 PM
Even some of my friends that have pets, don't understand how I can treat Kia, Zam, and Logan, like skin kids.

I feel sorry for those that have never experienced the joy of a pet.

Amber
11-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Yup, I got that too from a friend. Brittany (the girl) said dont understaand us. She was like they dont understand what we say.
They just dont get it, I guess

bluekat
11-20-2003, 04:38 PM
I feel bad for those who has never experienced the love of a pet.:p
Some people just don't understand animals like we do.

dukedogsmom
11-20-2003, 04:52 PM
I feel sorry for her dogs. Wonder how she treats them? I can't believe she said that. But, I wonder how many other people feel this way? How can they even believe that?

Foam
11-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
The girl is an idiot and blowing smoke out her butt.

ROFL! :D:D:D:D

petlover
11-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Well Dukedogsmom, I have been to her house a few times, and I have not really liked what I have seen. Ok, here's how it goes the first time I went over there.

" We walk outside because she wants to show me her dogs. We go out the back door and etc. There were 2 puppies and 2 grown dogs. The puppies were stray and looked like 2 black great dane puppies. Then there was one large brown great dane, and one smaller basset hound. I imidiatly started petting the puppies and kissin their little faces. She looks at me like I just ate a pile of horse manure and says " You are so sick!":mad: I asked her why, and she said that it was because I kissed those puppies!:mad: She made me so mad. Here comes the WORST part. We were walking through the dog yard and the large great dane comes up to say hello.REAL friendly big doggie. Of course, I started petting her and talking sweet to her. Miranda looks over at the dog and goes " What does that stupid dog want now?" That made me ferious. I looked up slowly at her and just said " This dog is not stupid. As a matter of a fact, this dog is probably smarter than you are." She didn't say anything after that. AND that wasn't the bad part. We were still walking across the yard and the great dane comes up again. She wants to play so she starts tugging on Miranda's shirt while we were walking. She just turns around quicky and starts just WHAPPING the dog on the head several times!:mad: :mad: That got me SO MAD. I just lit the fire in my body and told her what I thought. I told her how I hate everything that she does to her dogs, what she says about them, and how she treats them. I really let it out on her, and I'm glad that I did. She REALLY deserved it. After that I asked where the phone was because I wanted to call my mom to come pick me up. I told her that I didn't want to stay to see those poor loving creatures be treated like that. After that I just went on the front porch and waited for my mom. She has been more respectful to her pets lately. But, that doesn't change my memory about how she treated those sweethearts."

So, that is pretty much how I think about her. I don't really call her a friend. She is more like a... I don't know. Just not anything close, and DEFINATELY not a friend.

binka_nugget
11-20-2003, 08:01 PM
I feel sorry for people who don't understand the unconditional love and happiness that pets provide.

Maybe you can introduce her to pet talk? Maybe she'll get a sense of how pets really are and that they really do feel...just a thought..

CatDad
11-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
I feel sorry for people who don't understand the unconditional love and happiness that pets provide.

Maybe you can introduce her to pet talk? Maybe she'll get a sense of how pets really are and that they really do feel...just a thought..
Just wanted say I agree, on the unconditional love part. I think that a lot of people who have not have this experience are missing out on a bug part of life.

Also, I don't know what your relationship with your friend is at the moment, but I really agree with trying to introduce her to the site, or some other way to introduce her to the feelings of animals. Don't get me wrong I totally understand your reaction at the way she treated her dogs, but maybe you could help her see that there is another side.

Good luck.;)

lovemyshiba
11-20-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

I feel sorry for those that have never experienced the joy of a pet.

I do too.
What a sad existence.

Dogz
11-20-2003, 09:45 PM
I feel bad for that girl. I guess she doesn't know animals like we do.

carole
11-20-2003, 09:50 PM
How incredibly sad, obviously the parents of this child have not taught her how to respect and love animals, shame on them., maybe you will beable to show her how to treat animals, with the kindness and love they deserve and in return she may experience the wonderful experience of their unconditional love.

lynnestankard
11-21-2003, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by moosmom
Jan,

Let's face it, people who don't experience the unconditional love of a pet, are CLUELESS.

The girl is an idiot and blowing smoke out her butt. [/QUOTE

I totally agree Donna.

Maybe Jan you are just outgrowing an immature friend? I pity her for all the love she won't get.

Lynne

gini
11-21-2003, 02:38 PM
Hmm, sounds to me as though your friend has a whole lot of issues going on and she is taking it out on the pets. What is her home life like? How do her parents treat the dogs.

I agree, that it would be a good idea to introduce her gently to the way animals should be treated.........and try to have her realize that she will get 1,000 fold back when she even tries 1%.

But why is she so angry?

petlover
11-21-2003, 08:07 PM
I have no idea why she is so angry. I also don't know why she is taking it out on her dogs. You guys are right, she definately has some issues that need to be sorted out. Her parents aren't that nice to the dogs either. Not an animal loving family obviously. I called her today and asked her why she didn't like animals. Here is how the conversation went.

Jan: How come you don't like animals?
Miranda: I do... sometimes.
Jan: You can't just like animals sometimes.
Miranda: Well, I like them when they are not drooling, tearing something up, or putting their cold nose on your body.
Jan: Ok, bye.

I was REAL upset. I have tried to show her that the love of a pet is like no other. She just will never understand, or give it a chance I guess. Boy, what a sad life she will have.

Oh well, it's her fault. Whatever happened that made her so angry she needs to put behind her, and feel the love of a 4 legged creature.

mahayana
11-21-2003, 09:27 PM
After reading this I've been thinking about the first time I ever lived with a dog. I was 19, in college, sharing a house with other students. And a big dog.

I grew up with cats, was a "cat" person.

I think a lot of people not only don't understand dogs, but fear them. And a lot of people not only don't love them, they dislike them.

So you can be in tune with some pets but not others. Both species and individuals.

You can help your friend learn a lot if you keep trying to communicate with her.