PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! Is there no depth?

ILoveReptiles
11-20-2003, 12:11 PM
Oy! I know a lot of you already know how I feel about kids. I was on my favorite board the other day and I read a post that had me so disgusted and irate at the same time it wasn't even funny.

I didn't get an actual URL, but I found out that there are web sites out there, entirely dedicated to the concept of how to "oops" your man.

They discuss strategies, practice innocent faces and speeches for "breaking the news", and convince each other that their men will be secretly thrilled at the news.

I know that men can and will do it too, but it seems to be more predominantly a woman's tactic.

Ugh. Just UGH. In my not-so-humble opinion, this is by far the most disgusting dispicable thing a woman can possibly do. I mean you just can't possibly sink any lower than this.

I think it's deplorable, and it makes me ashamed to admit I'm a woman. What do you think?

2kitties
11-20-2003, 12:16 PM
I'm on your team with this one Reptiles. It's a cruel thing to do to the man as well as the baby.

I also think it is a cruel thing to do to yourself. I mean, yes, I could get preggers and force my man down the aisle if I'm that desperate to get married. But is that really the way you want it to go down? I want to have a beautiful wedding with a man who chooses me because he wants a future with me and go on a beautiful honeymoon then plan a family. Giving all of those dreams up because I've no patience or confidence in myself--- makes no sense to me.

lovemyshiba
11-20-2003, 08:47 PM
I agree--it is low.
"Trapping" a man isn't going to make him love you, if anything, he may resent you and the child someday.

Relentless
11-23-2003, 03:21 PM
Hmm, I have never heard of women doing that, its pretty wrong if you ask me.

mugsy
11-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Nobody loses in the whole thing except the child. Women can be really devious and that's a side I don't like. I agree, makes me ashamed to be a woman.

CathyBogart
11-23-2003, 06:26 PM
I've been on the other end of that...my ex "oopsed" me to convince me to stay. I must say it was terrifying, but I can't even IMAGINE how the man would feel, having absolutely no control over if she kept it or not. :(

If I were a man in that position, I'd just leave anyways though. I know someone who did, and he doesn't regret it a bit.

ILoveReptiles
11-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Good lord. I remember you posting about that over on the NK board. That's horrible WolfChan!

People can be so detestable. Grrrr

Twisterdog
11-26-2003, 10:33 PM
This has been going on since the first cave woman figured out the sex = baby, and wanted to keep that big, strong mastadon-slaying man all to herself.

Yep, it's deplorable. I feel very, very sorry for the innocent baby who is a pawn.

2kitties
11-27-2003, 01:38 PM
And one of the biggest problems is that society has placed this "right thing to do" label on marriage in the event of pregnancy. When, in fact, it's most often the most wrong thing the couple can do.

ILoveReptiles
11-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties
And one of the biggest problems is that society has placed this "right thing to do" label on marriage in the event of pregnancy. When, in fact, it's most often the most wrong thing the couple can do.

You said it, 2kitties. It's that thing I like to call Society's "Life script".

I threw that away years ago and started writing my own. I refuse to conform to stupid values that make no sense to me. It's nothing more than a trap and it's exploited only by the lowest of the low.