PDA

View Full Version : Katie and her Milk Bones

RobiLee
11-20-2003, 08:31 AM
A couple of times a day I will usually give Katie a milk bone. She just cracks me up when she gets one. She will grab it and take off running and find somewhere in the house to hide it. Then sometime later in the day she will go back and find it and chow down on it. I just gave her one early this morning and she took off and hid it in the living room under a chair, just now, 2 hours later she went back and found it and has woofed it down. It is so funny and cute! Does anyone else's dogs do this?

Robin :)

Logan
11-20-2003, 08:43 AM
With four in this house, competing for the few treats I give to them each day, there is no way that they're not going to eat them the second I get them out! LOL!!! I will say they are all four their most obedient selves when it is "cookie time". They turn into such well behaved pups!!!! :p

Cinder & Smoke
11-20-2003, 09:17 AM
HIDE?? a Bisquit fur latur?? :confused:

Whut foolishnsess iz dis!?? :eek:

A) There'z TWO of us... anna KAT!
.. Wuldn't stay HID fur a minnit! :(

B) Kant *beg* fur anudder wun iffin Dad knowez ya gotz wun.

C) Mite furget where da stash is...

:rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
11-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Abbey, Riley and Jada all eat theirs in record speed. But Kito always takes his treat into another room, lays down, and crunches away, taking his sweet time, while the others can't figure out why he got more than them!!!!

Katie's so cute!!!!
Give her a big hug from me please!!!:)

dukedogsmom
11-20-2003, 09:58 AM
Duke likes for me to hide his in a blanket on the bed. I lock him out while I'm hiding it. Then he roots around the blanket with his nose. Reminds me of a hog. It's so funny but he thinks it's such a treat when he finds it. Almost like he didn't know it was there :)

tatsxxx11
11-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Aww, Katie, you're too cute!!:D You too Duke! My Star does that rooting in the blankies routine! Around here, treats get consumed in recored speed; no hesitation! Sometimes Cody will take a new rawhide chew or bully stick outside, dig a hole and use her nose to cover it with dirt and leaves! Of course her sister is right there watching where she hide it!!:rolleyes:

K9soul
11-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Tommy wolfs down anything edible in record speed. Tasha is much more leisurely with both her food and treats. She will take the treat somewhere more comfortable and munch it up slowly, savoring it. Tommy knows he better stay clear when she is having a treat. She is not forgiving if he sticks his nose close to her treat!

On a side note, I have one of those cubes that you can put food in and then the dog has to move the cube around to get the food to come out. Tasha absolutely loves this. If I put food in her bowl and then food in the cube, she will ignore the food in her bowl and play with the cube, pushing it all over the floor and munching the kibble as it comes out. She totally has it down pat on how to maneuver the cube too. If it gets stuck in a corner she uses her paw to pull it back out and then her nose to roll it around again. That cube is absolutely her favorite toy, and she's very possessive of it. I'll have to try to get some pics sometime of her playing with it :)

Kona & Oreo's mom
11-20-2003, 11:19 AM
In my house, that's the sign the treat is EXTRA special! Regular bones get chomped down immediately. But Oreo has to find a special spot to lie down and enjoy her extra-tasty treats!

Rio and Me
11-20-2003, 11:45 AM
With biscuts Rio will it them instantly, but somtimes with a bone she will attemp to bury it in her bed, then find it when she fancys it!!!
its to cute when watching her bury it!!!
Ky and Rio

My Peanuts
11-20-2003, 03:22 PM
When I give Sylvia a chew stick she walks around with a confused look for about 10 minutes! Then she waits till Harley isn't looking and she puts it in a blanket or in a cushion. After that she makes like she is burying it with dirt. She rubs her nose and flips her head. I always tell her, "Syl there's no dirt there!" After a few hours, when even I forget where she put it, she goes and gets it. I thought she was a little dumb for trying to bury things in the house, but she remembers where she puts them too!

wolfsoul
11-20-2003, 03:46 PM
Nah, my dogs are pigs and eat them right away. :p

But my aunt's Aussie, Hannah, used to dig in the potted plants and bury her bones. They thought it was squirrels until they dug in there one day and saw the milk bones.