PDA

View Full Version : Porch

K & L
11-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Just thought I'd let you all see how well Porch is doing since his surgery about a year ago. Do you remember he had almost all his colon removed?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p8c5aefb6fbbe7d65c59996132bf5a03c/fa8a7679.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Oh what a relief! I saw the title of the thread and immediately thought "Oh no, hope he's ok!" And he is! Look at him, he looks wonderful! It's so good to hear he's doing so good and I'm still so happy you and hubby decided to go through with the surgery. I remember you almost didn't, but felt that Porch was worth a try, and he continues to prove you right. :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-19-2003, 10:37 PM
He looks great!!! Thanks for posting us this update and gorgeous pic of him.:D

Steffi N
11-19-2003, 11:51 PM
Porch it's great to see you doing so well. You have such beautiful brown fur. Keep on being healthy. :)

Uabassoon
11-20-2003, 03:48 AM
He looks great, and that's such a beautiful picture of him :)

Barbara
11-20-2003, 03:50 AM
Of course I remember and he really looks great! Much much better than before.
Scritchies to Porch:)

jenluckenbach
11-20-2003, 04:52 AM
:eek: It can't be a YEAR already!!!!!!!!!!
He looks wonderful. What a handsome guy. Glad to hear how well he is doing.! :D

Randi
11-20-2003, 06:18 AM
I'm happy to see Porch is doing so well - he looks gorgeous on the picture. :) Stay healthy, Porch!!

amoore
11-20-2003, 08:27 AM
Wow ! Porch looks good ! Don't look like hes ever been sick ! :D
Im so happy for him !

Lallypop11
11-20-2003, 09:23 AM
What a cutie!

How has his bodily functions and daily life been affected after getting his operation? I wasn't on pet chat at that time so I didn't hear the story. I'm glad he's doing well, he's very handsome. I applaud you on taking a chance on a sick cat, all cats are angels and deserve a chance to live like one :D

catmandu
11-20-2003, 09:44 AM
Thank God , that Porch is doing so well after that surgery. Mrrreewws and Kitty Kissies from the Found Cats Hotel!

K & L
11-20-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Lallypop11
What a cutie!

How has his bodily functions and daily life been affected after getting his operation? I wasn't on pet chat at that time so I didn't hear the story. I'm glad he's doing well, he's very handsome. I applaud you on taking a chance on a sick cat, all cats are angels and deserve a chance to live like one :D

Porch had what they call Megacolon, in other words, he was impacted with bowel and could not expel. They suggested we put him down, but did say there was a surgery that sometimes helped, but very expensive. My husband & I discussed this and opted for the surgery. As you can see it worked for Porch, but he has limited access indoors because he cannot control his bladder or bowels very well. He’s happy though and spends most of his time in our outdoor cat run.

Here’s the previous threads:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23759&highlight=porch

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23997&highlight=porch

Lallypop11
11-20-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the info, I can't believe what you have been through with Porch, I'm sure he's grateful to you for saving his life. How unfortunate he's had to have medical difficulties during his life, I am so glad he found you to take care of him. How did he become injured to start with? Give him lots of love from me and my crew in Georgia! :D

ChrisH
11-20-2003, 11:15 AM
I remember Porch very well, and all you did to help him too. And just look at him now, he looks so wonderful and so handsome.:D Thank for the update!:)

K & L
11-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Lallypop11
Thanks for the info, I can't believe what you have been through with Porch, I'm sure he's grateful to you for saving his life. How unfortunate he's had to have medical difficulties during his life, I am so glad he found you to take care of him. How did he become injured to start with? Give him lots of love from me and my crew in Georgia! :D

We don't know what happened to Porch originally. He was a neighborhood stray that we took in.

Killearn Kitties
11-20-2003, 01:11 PM
I only joined Pet Talk in May, so did not see this story at the time. I've read up on Porch's story now though and what a horrible condition the poor baby had!

He looks great in his most recent picture though. Congratulations for pulling him through such an ordeal!:)

PayItForward
11-20-2003, 01:22 PM
I do remember reading about your Porch.

I am so pleased to see he is doing so well :)

and looking so fine :D

Miss Meow
11-20-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm glad he's doing well! Thanks for the update :)

CatDad
11-20-2003, 05:22 PM
I was not around for Porches story either. Thanks for posting the previous threads. I am so happy to hear that Porch is doing well. He looks like a very happy kitty.:)

You are so great to have helped him and continue to care for him. Thanks!:)

kimlovescats
11-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Ah, Porch is just breathtakingly beautiful, and it is sooooo wonderful to see him looking so well!!!! Bless you for helping this baby get back to a healthy and pampered lifestyle~!:)