PDA

View Full Version : HOLIDAY PARTY HORROR STORIES!!!

RICHARD
11-19-2003, 06:18 PM
As a public service I have begun this thread so we can share and learn what mistakes NOT to make in the upcoming weeks as we attend Xmas parties, at work, school or home!

I did go to a Xmas work party where the head of the obstetrics department and one of the vascular surgeons ended up showing just how much they really cared for each other on the dance floor.:rolleyes:

It's really neat when love blooms at a shindig like that....But it's a drag when your spouses
find out!!!:eek:

petlover
11-19-2003, 06:37 PM
OKIE DOKIE!!! :D Here's a don't for Christmas parties anywhere!:)

Make sure that you are not standing under the mistletoe at all times!!!!:D :D :D :D

trayi52
11-19-2003, 07:18 PM
Thats a good one petlover, who wants somebody slobbering all over them anyway?????? LOL.:D

RICHARD
11-20-2003, 12:45 PM
don't sneak a bottle in to your office!

ramanth
11-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Carefully watch as relatives arrive with food....

One year, my mom and I stood by the window and watched as the family piled out of cars and headed to the house. My aunt handed my cousin a tray of cookies (uncovered no less), when my cousin promptly sneezed all over them. :eek: :eek: :p :o

Mom told me not to say anything and she only informed the relatives she got along with. :o :D

Rio and Me
11-20-2003, 12:52 PM
What i did last year at work!
Dont have a xmas dinner mid-day drink lots, and then attemp to walk around a muddy field with large dogs :)

Also the mistletoe thing "when the grannys are about" :)

Ky and Rio

trayi52
11-20-2003, 12:58 PM
What do you mean by when grannys are about??? LOL. :D :D ;) how did you know I was a granny?:D :D

Rio and Me
11-20-2003, 01:06 PM
oops sorry i didnt know you where a gran!!! :(
ive done it again :(
i ment when they come in sworms and do the havnt you grown thing!!! and if your under the mistletoe it lipstick on the face!!!
Ky and rio
ps if you like you can delete that post, ive had a day of putting my foot in it so to speak :(

trayi52
11-20-2003, 01:16 PM
That okay, you are right we do love the kissing and stuff like that with our grandkids, I took it as a compliment, so don't worry about where your foot is, to me it is not inside your mouth, LOL. I am a granny and very proud, I get that from my grands, you know " oh granny" thing, so its okay.:D :D :D

trayi52
11-20-2003, 01:18 PM
Oh by the way don't you dare delete your post, people need to be warned about us grannys!! LOL!:) :) and we could be lurking anywheres....:D

Rio and Me
11-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Ok thanks, my foot is firmly on the ground for the rest of the day, :)
i dont know how to delete post anyhows!!!
isnt it good how all ages can get on well!!!???
Ky and Rio

trayi52
11-20-2003, 01:44 PM
I think it is great!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

slick
11-20-2003, 02:35 PM
My Christmas horror stories always happened when I was very young.

MUSHY WET AUNTIE KISSES!!!!

They were, and still are really gross!!! EWWWWWW

Miss Meow
11-20-2003, 02:54 PM
This is my most embarrassing ...

I was at a gym Christmas lunch at an Italian restaurant, and drank a bit too much. Managed to cross the busy streets back to work and get to my desk. My boss's phone rang (senior investment adviser, responsible sort of a job) and I asked who it was. "It's the police," said the caller. Without covering the phone, I yelled out, "Hey Mike, it's the police. IS THIS ABOUT YOUR PAEDOPHILE CHARGES???"

It wasn't a prank caller. It was the police. Mike had a lot of explaining to do about his errant assistant.

I wasn't allowed near a telephone for the rest of the day ...

catland
11-20-2003, 04:49 PM
If any of you ever get put in charge of planning your office party ...

a couple of years ago I was on the committee. Since a lot of our employees are entry level types, we wanted to treat them to a nice meal for the party instead of just the usual hours-devours.(sp?). We orderd four turkey dinners which consisted of four 15 lb birds, and all the fixings (spuds, dressing, etc). When we went to pick up the order (with the party only an hour away), they had a total of four indiviual meals:eek: :eek: :eek:

So, if you order food, verify the order!

joycenalex
11-20-2003, 06:10 PM
:o :o this one taught me a lesson....and i wasn't driving that day.
two years ago i got a new coat on the day of the holiday party, being winter here, i wore it. i gave my coat to one of my friends husband to hang up in the unattended coat room. i had a glass of wine during cocktail hour. i had a glass of wine with dinner. i rarely drink and ( now never ) during the workweek, so i was tipsy after dinner. when it came time to get my coat to go home, i couldn't remember exactly what my new, almost virgin coat looked like. i knew it was cloth, i knew it was navy blue, and that was all i could recall. i spent 20 minutes in the coat room, looking for my coat. so, limit your alcohol at the company party.

RICHARD
11-20-2003, 07:32 PM
lol,
I bought two bottles of booze and took them into the office.....I ran into two of my co-workers while I was in the store..

I went to the bathroom and transferred the booze into my water bottle (i left the empties in the service hatch about the john..:rolleyes:) took it onto the file area and started to spike people's drinks.....soon the assistant boss came over and asked me if she could taste my drink.....she did and then wanted to smell my breath........

NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH....

She looked at me and was stumped.....In all the excitement I forgot to get myself a drink!!!!

She was pretty pissed off at me...but she never caught me.

I learned that being hospitable was a good thing that day......

and that coworkers can be rat finks!!

lovemyshiba
11-20-2003, 10:24 PM
Be careful where the pies come from!!

My stepmom is always in charge of making the yummy pies for our family dinners. One year, her golden, MacDuff, decided to "taste" one--he just licked the top of the pecan pie.:eek:
Rather than make a new one, or throw it out, she brought it anyway, and proceeded to tell a cousin that no one likes about it after she ate a piece!!!!!!!

We all ate it, no one died, but my cousin freaked out!!!!!