PDA

View Full Version : Guy WON HOORAY....Aussie Idol

carole
11-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Well to all my aussie mates, who were watching Idol, what a great show it was, I taped it last night, and watched it today, I had picked guy to win all along, so was over the moon to see him get it, Shannon was really good too, infact after watching the final, it was really hard to pick, but I still preferred Guy.

The best news ever NZ IDOL is coming soon, hope you guys get to see it, can't wait , I love these shows.

THREE CHEERS FOR GUY HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY.

:)

Miss Meow
11-19-2003, 06:59 PM
I didn't end up watching it. I turned on the TV about an hour into the show, and they still hadn't arrived at the Opera House! Talk about dragging it out for all it's worth ...

Guy will do well. He has a very versatile voice and the personality that appeals to many. Apparently he starts recording the album TODAY - no rest for the wicked ... :)

carole
11-19-2003, 07:02 PM
I know what you mean , that is why I taped it, turned a two and half hour show into one hour, I just ff'd the bits I could not be bothered with, so happy he won.

captain
11-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Guy won .................. but I voted for Shannon.

Yes, yes I know - Guy has the versitile voice ........ but please, MAKE HIM STOP doing the doobie, warbles on the songs!!!
His voice is great without them!

Miss Meow
11-19-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by captain
Guy won .................. but I voted for Shannon.

Yes, yes I know - Guy has the versitile voice ........ but please, MAKE HIM STOP doing the doobie, warbles on the songs!!!
His voice is great without them!

You voted??? How many times??? :D Just when I thought I knew you!!! :D

carole
11-19-2003, 09:15 PM
Captain even though I wanted Guy to win, Shannon sure was a hard act to follow, I loved his looks, his gravelly voice, Don't worry he will go a long way too, as with American Idol, funny thing is I am always reading about the runner-up Clay Aiken, but nothing much about Rueben.

It was a real hard choice, watching the last show, I really thought Shannon was tops as well, and could hardly choose, they are both very talented guys, and in MO better than the two in American Idol, much more modern in their look and songs.

captain
11-19-2003, 09:15 PM
Yes I voted - got me hooked - hook, line and sinker!!!!

Voted about 5 times throughout :rolleyes:

carole
11-19-2003, 09:17 PM
Does it cost money to vote? just curious as I can hardly wait for the NZ IDOL to start and this time I will beable to vote yah!!!

captain
11-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Yes carole, in Aus we could either SMS or phone vote.

It cost .55 c to phone in, and not sure about the SMS. (used hubbies mobile phone, so don't care!!!!!) :D

Miss Meow
11-19-2003, 09:24 PM
Thank goodness it was only a few times, Michelle! I was wondering if you were one of those people on A Current Affair, complaining about their $2,000 phone bills because they couldn't stop voting! :D ;)

[edit, oops we crossed messages!] Carole, the votes were by SMS or telephone at 55 cents each. The TV network and phone company will make a killing ... about 20 million votes during the series at 50 cents each, and 5 cents GST to the government ;)

I don't know why you're having an NZ idol - Australia will just steal your talent and claim it as our own anyway ;)

carole
11-19-2003, 09:30 PM
Oh you are so right there, well right now you are most welcome to steal our All Blacks, just kiddin, poor guys, there are some pretty nasty all black jokes going around right now, heres one.

The post office had to withdraw the new set of stamps of the all blacks , why you ask? because they did not know which side to spit on. I know its pretty bad eh?

Right SMS is the same as text messaging? better get my phone topped up, as I am gonna vote for sure.

It will be great, I hope I see someone I know on the auditions, NZ being a small country its highly possible.

Yep you guys took our crowded house, our Russell Crowe,just to name two I can think of and called them your own. NAWTEE AUSSIE'S. lol:) ;) :D