PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #29

catland
11-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Sorry, I can't think of a nifty theme right at the moment. I'm kind of cold here today so I think I'll grind some beans and make some Spanish Coffees. Any takers?

mugsy
11-19-2003, 05:12 PM
I think I'll stick lo-cal because I'm being fairly good on my diet. I'll work on a topic.

slick
11-19-2003, 05:33 PM
I know it sounds kinda corny but how about a "Winter Wonderland" theme. We could all dress up in our warm ski clothes and have a snowball fight. Then we could all come inside the bar and decorate the Christmas tree. Do some of you have a very special ornament you could donate to the cause?? I'll keep the fireplace stoked up while Richard fixes the DOTD. Maybe some Blueberry Tea with Baileys???

iceyshiver21
11-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Im up for a snowball fight...girls against guys??? lol. Poor Rich I think he'd be outnumbered.

Miss Meow
11-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Keh? Snow, snowballs, ice, whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis??? :)

It's been stinking hot here this week. If there's a drink called a Snowball, maybe I need one to cool me down!!!

RICHARD
11-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Keh? Snow, snowballs, ice, whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis??? :)

It's been stinking hot here this week. If there's a drink called a Snowball, maybe I need one to cool me down!!!

welcome back!
Your seat is waiting!!!

I couldn't find a SNOWBALL,
would you care to try a

Frosted Coke???

Recipe

Equal parts of Vodka, Kahlua & Dark Creme de Cacao
Add a splash of 1/2 & 1/2
Shake and pour into a tumbler
Add a healthy splash of cola

while I do some research!!

Hey Catland,

Thanks again.

Slick,

You can be the Party Planner!

Ice,

Snowball maker?

MM,

YOU can be the patron!!

catland
11-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Don't forget Mugsy:eek:

Mugs here's an ice cold diet coke fore you - you can help Slick with the theme.:D

Miss Meow
11-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
welcome back!
Your seat is waiting!!!

I couldn't find a SNOWBALL,
would you care to try a

Frosted Coke???

Recipe

Equal parts of Vodka, Kahlua & Dark Creme de Cacao
Add a splash of 1/2 & 1/2
Shake and pour into a tumbler
Add a healthy splash of cola

while I do some research!!

Hey Catland,

Thanks again.

Slick,

You can be the Party Planner!

Ice,

Snowball maker?

MM,

YOU can be the patron!!

The patron saint of snowball throwing??? :D

zippy-kat
11-19-2003, 06:55 PM
I don't feel very good, can I just have a glass of juice please? Grapefruit preferably but orange juice will do nicely, too.

RICHARD
11-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I don't feel very good, can I just have a glass of juice please? Grapefruit preferably but orange juice will do nicely, too.

Yes, you may.....

Orange and Grapefruit..
Feel better, hokay?

DONE!

Sorry Mugs....

LO cal for you!

DONE!

I'm trying not to step on catland's toes...
Lord help us should I gain some holiday pounds!

New Year's resolution???

widen the area behind the bar...

lizbud
11-19-2003, 07:22 PM
If Lbaker is bringing her "special brownies", I'll be sure to join
y'all this thursday. :D I'd like to order an Irish Coffee & hope to
get a seat by the fireplace. Sounds great on this cool windy
evening.:D

babolaypo65
11-19-2003, 08:23 PM
I could use a DotD whatever it is... It's four weeks til finals, and I'm already tired!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-19-2003, 08:29 PM
Oh goody, maybe I can get my skis out of the basement. You know, the skis I had to have about 10 years ago, used twice and haven't seen since? :rolleyes: Now I can't even sell them 'cause they're too old and nobody wants old skis - even though they are a good name....or at least they were when I bought them, can't even remember what the name is, but I know it was a good name back then.....:rolleyes:

I think I'll take one of those DOTD's Richard. It's been a tough week and I've got two more days to go yet, so keep 'em coming. ;) :D

Oh, how 'bout a garage sale for a theme, then we can dump all our unused stuff on each other. ;) :D

dukedogsmom
11-19-2003, 08:31 PM
How about a sandball? That's all I could come up with right now. Hasn't snowed in Florida I think since 1978! I would love to see some snow around here. I can decorate a palm tree for ya.

KYS
11-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Ok, Snowball fight and than lets make
snow angels.
I guess it's hot chocolate again for me, to keep me
nice and toasty. I'll bring cookies for dipping. :)

slick
11-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by KYS
Ok, Snowball fight and than lets make
snow angels. I guess it's hot chocolate again for me, to keep me
nice and toasty. I'll bring cookies for dipping. :)
Sounds good KYS. . I think later on in the evening when it really cools down Richard can light a bonfire and I'll make up some hot cider to drink (both virgin and alcoholic varieties). Anyone up to singing Christmas carols around the fire??

Laurie: "special brownies" :eek: :eek: that takes me back a few years.

Tonya: sorry you're not feeling very well. Hope you can stay for the tree decorating.

Nice to have you here Lizbud. Drink beer?? "This bud's for you".:D

Hi DDM: nice to have you here too :) :)

MM: Welcome back.

Two factory workers were talking."I think I'll take some time
off from work." said the man."How do you think you'll do that?" said the blonde. He proceeded to show her...by climbing up to the rafters, and hanging upside down. The boss walked in, saw the worker hanging from the ceiling, and asked him what on earth he was doing? "I'm a light bulb" answered the guy. I think you need some time off," said the boss. So, the man jumped down and walked out of the factory. The blonde began walking out too. The boss asked her where did she think she was going? The blonde answered, "Home. I can't work in the dark".

gini
11-19-2003, 10:09 PM
Slick, you got me choking up here in laughter!!!

Thursday #29 - already? You want to throw snowballs? Hmm, let me look outside - well last week we could have gotten some right off the streets of Los Angeles......today it is about 80 degrees and I don't see any snowballs today.

I think I had better order something diet along with Mugsy - these holidays are going to kill me.......too many fun things going on.

But it looks like we have a really good crowd this week.....all of my favorites are here........hope a few more check in.

Oh, the heck with the diet coke - give me one of those frosty cokes instead.

(make mental note to widen door and back bar area)

slick
11-19-2003, 10:46 PM
OMG Elfbowling 3 is out. You can get it here:

http://www.techtv.com/holiday/story/0,23008,3410581,00.html

Corinna
11-19-2003, 11:43 PM
I let my self get to pooped last week or two due to all the flying. Got a clod so mint tea will do for me this week. Plus got snow today and more predicted for tommorrw and I have to drive to Kalspell tomorrow.

lbaker
11-20-2003, 10:11 AM
"Having returned to the North Pole, Santa finds Rudolph and all the reindeer unable to fly the sleigh (or count backward, or walk in a straight line, or touch their hoof to their nose). Seems they have become good friends with Santa's older brother, Dingle Kringle, who has fallen off the wagon again" Sounds like they had some of my special brownies :p :rolleyes: I also happen to be a master fire builder so let me at it! On a long weekend we have the fire going 24 hrs a day, just need to throw a few logs on in the morning to crank it up - no matches needed. The bricks get so warm & toasty after a few hours it heats the whole downstairs :cool:

catland
11-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Let's get started.

lbaker - your fire is great - my toes (that Richard is so kindly avoiding) are toasty.:) How about using some Splenda in those brownies to make them lower-cal?

Corinna - Mint Tea - Done.

Gini - glad you caved - one Icy Coke for you. 80 degrees. Must be nice - sigh.

KYS - hot cocoa it is. Do you like big or mini marshmellows?

Duke - a sandball? I'm not familiar with the ingredients in that one - can someone help me out?

T&P - That's why my favorite brand of skis is called "Rental" One DOTD for you.

BB65 - same for you - enjoy.

lizbud - looks like lb has the fire going. Pull up a chair and and have and Irish Coffee.

Slick - a karaoke Christmas - I like it. I'll need a few more DOTD's or Spanish Coffee's before I'm brave enough to join you.

:eek: :eek:

slick
11-20-2003, 10:52 AM
Good morning. It's a nippy one here. I'm in training all day so won't be checking in as often as I usually do, but I'll take a Spanish Coffee to start off the day please.

Laurie: thanks for taking over the fire-building. It's really warm and toasty.

catland
11-20-2003, 10:59 AM
Another coffee drinker - One spanish coffee for you Slick.:) Hope that keeps you awake in your training.

Logan
11-20-2003, 11:49 AM
The only special brownies I ever heard of included "ex-lax".....what a tired prank! :eek: Laurie, please tell me yours are special because they have more chocolate???

Hope everyone is having a nice Thursday. Our weather is gorgeous and the only thing bad about it is that I have to work, not be out there with the puppies playing instead of working! :(

momoffuzzyfaces
11-20-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by slick
I know it sounds kinda corny but how about a "Winter Wonderland" theme. We could all dress up in our warm ski clothes and have a snowball fight. Then we could all come inside the bar and decorate the Christmas tree. Do some of you have a very special ornament you could donate to the cause?? I'll keep the fireplace stoked up while Richard fixes the DOTD. Maybe some Blueberry Tea with Baileys??? I'll pass on the warm clothes. We are having record highs in the upper 70s. Never fear... they are saying possible snow by Monday. Good old Kansas weather, always keeps us guessing!

I'll donate one of my handpainted glass ornaments to the cause. I paint roses on them and sold some just yesterday. I am right pleased with myself.

I would like a big cold cherry vanilla coke please. Oh, and some nachos ... extra cheese. The cats would like their usual cat nip tea but on ice today! Thanks in advance!:D

lbaker
11-20-2003, 12:33 PM
A blind man and his guide dog enter Richards bar and find their way to a barstool. After ordering a drink, and sitting there for a while, the blind guy yells to the bartender, "Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?"

The bar immediately becomes absolutely quiet. In a husky, deep voice, the woman next to him says, "Before you tell that joke, you should know something. The bartender is blonde, the bouncer is blonde and I'm a 6' tall, 200 pound blonde with a black belt in karate. What's more, the woman sitting next to me is blonde and she's a weightlifter. The lady to your right is a blonde, and she's a pro wrestler. Think about it seriously, mister. You still wanna tell that blonde joke?"

The blind guy says, "Nah, not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times."

By the way, I'm blonde - I'm allowed. Glad you like the fire. Don't you love the smell of those applewood logs I just tossed on :cool:

slick
11-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Oh Laurie :D :D :D Stop it! I've just spit on the keyboard. Ooops, back to training. These coffee breaks are not long enough.....

2kitties
11-20-2003, 12:40 PM
*needs a brownie*

RICHARD
11-20-2003, 12:41 PM
MOFF,

CVC, nachos, and catnip tea for da boys!!

DONE!!

good morning everyone!!

lbaker
11-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Oh wow 2kitties like, um... where'd I put them? Far out dudette... they're like right here all the time. Cool. Awesome man ;) Wow, look at all the pretty sparkly lights from the fire.

slick
11-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Oh wow 2kitties like, um... where'd I put them? Far out dudette... they're like right here all the time. Cool. Awesome man ;) Wow, look at all the pretty sparkly lights from the fire.

I'll have what she's having :D :D :D

2kitties
11-20-2003, 01:03 PM
So, does that mean you've lost them or you've eaten them all and didn't save me any?? Gimme one of those brownies!!! Gotta have one of those brownies!!

gini
11-20-2003, 01:28 PM

Go ahead, make me wet my pants!!:D :D

lbaker
11-20-2003, 01:33 PM
I think I'm getting my threads confused * giggles * Next thing you know I'll tie my shoes together :rolleyes: Dont you hate it when that happens :p

catland
11-20-2003, 01:33 PM
2K - AKA - M-M-M-UST H-H-AVE B-B-RO-WNIEIS. I hid some brownies under the bar just for this occasion - DONE.

lbaker - you're cut off;)

and good morning to you too Richard.:)

Gini - a box of Depends for you - DONE:D

2kitties
11-20-2003, 01:34 PM
I think I'm getting my threads confused * giggles * Next thing you know I'll tie my shoes together :rolleyes:
a direct result of too many brownies. I'm heading over toward that jar now.

gini
11-20-2003, 01:39 PM
I just won $8.00 on the California lottery. Never mind that someone in North Hollywood won $44,000,000.

I will buy a round for everyone.

RICHARD
11-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by gini
I just won $8.00 on the California lottery. Never mind that someone in North Hollywood won $44,000,000.

I will buy a round for everyone.

A donation of $8.00 will keep the partons of Thursday's in drinks for years to come!
thank you!!!

DONE!

lbaker
11-20-2003, 02:17 PM
partons of Thursdays :confused: :confused: Did Dolly stop by for a drink while I was.... otherwise occupied?? ;)

slick
11-20-2003, 02:26 PM
You guys are having wayyyy too much fun. Gini is wetting her pants and getting ready to spend her winnings, you are all getting high on brownies and I'm stuck here in a stuffy classroom in front of a computer and expected to retain everything I'm learning. Where is the justice???

On lunch break now and scheduled to restart in about 15 min. I need something strong to keep me awake through the afternoon. I'll take a DOTD - make it a double please, and thank you. :) :)

Good news, I've saved up $400 now for the CA 04 PT MTG. That should buy alot of slushies :D :D

Laurie: still going to Seattle in Feb??? Let me know and I'll meet you.

Miss Meow
11-20-2003, 02:27 PM
Good Friday morning!

I have a confession to make. I had a mental health day off work yesterday, and spent the day working on the image to go into my PT Christmas cards, and I watched Dr Phil! ;) I think I need a drink after that stressful day ... ;)

-----------------------
A woman is driving toward home in
Northern Arizona when she
comes upon a Navajo woman hitchhiking.
Because the trip has
been long and quiet, she stops the car
and the Navajo woman
climbs in.

During their small talk, the Navajo
woman glances surreptitiously
at a brown bag on the front seat
between them. "If you're wondering
what's in the bag," offers the woman,
"it's a bottle of wine. I got
it for my husband."

The Navajo woman is silent for a while,
nods several times and
says,
"Good trade."

catland
11-20-2003, 02:54 PM
MM - love the Navaho joke. A DOTD ok for you?

slick - didn't we once have a drink here that had to do with short-term memory?

lb - LOL - Dolly want a brownie?

RICHARD
11-20-2003, 03:10 PM
:confused: :confused: Did Dolly stop by for a drink while I was.... otherwise occupied?? ;)

oh, hell...

make fun of the bartender...

she did have a DOUBLE.........:rolleyes:

lbaker
11-20-2003, 03:13 PM
:D :D :D :D "a double" OMG Gini, quickly... gimme one of those Depends.

gini
11-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Oh Laurie, here is one.

We buy them for you and buy them for you and you always forget to wear them.

Just staring into the pretty fire too long I guess.:D

RICHARD
11-20-2003, 04:23 PM
:eek:

slick
11-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by catland
slick - didn't we once have a drink here that had to do with short-term memory?
Well, that depends.....

babolaypo65
11-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Would ordering a DotD AND brownies be over indulging? Regadless, I'll have both please! :cool:

slick
11-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Would ordering a DotD AND brownies be over indulging? Regadless, I'll have both please! :cool:
OMG you're brave!!!:eek: :eek: But who are we to judge. In case you need them, the Depends are sitting on the corner of the bar.

And will someone please help me pick up Gini and Laurie and move them to the booth over there??? I'm tired of stepping over top of them.

Or better yet, let's all go outside and make snow angels????:cool: :cool:

babolaypo65
11-20-2003, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slick
OMG you're brave!!!:eek: :eek: But who are we to judge. In case you need them, the Depends are sitting on the corner of the bar.

Hey, considering the week I've had....

RICHARD
11-20-2003, 05:02 PM
Babo,

DOTD......DONE!

I was 'depending' on all of you to keep things
in order...
;)

catland
11-20-2003, 05:03 PM
LOL - what a bunch of fruit cakes. Sure, I'd love to make a snow angel - just don't expect it to look like Dolly Parton.

gini
11-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Fruit cakes? Oh, I hope they are the kind with nuts...........

well.....I suppose it depends.

Laurie, I didn't know we were one the floor.....were we really on the floor?

Oh yeah, I remember, I was looking for brownie crumbs.

gini
11-20-2003, 05:19 PM
I have to laugh.....we have over 52 posts to this thread but at least 325 of you have been L U R K I N G. Come on in.... join the fun - the more the merrier!

catland
11-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Just don't laugh 'till you cry - we know what a mess that is to clean up.

Since we're getting near the holidays - in case anyone needs gift suggestions...

www.beercheckers.com

But only if you're of legal drinking age. I guess the rest of you will have to settle for Iced Tea :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Oh my! What have I been missing??!!?!? :eek:

For a minute there I think Richard was speechless - which might just be a first! ;) :D

Haven't had those brownies in years and years and years, and swore that stuff off, so I think I'll stick with a DOTD please.

Only one more day to go before the weekend, and hopefully we won't be able to make real snow angels here until next week sometime.

Oh, and you might want to pass some of those depends my way. After all the laughing I've done over this thread, there's no telling when I'll be needing them. :D :D

Just had a thought, I wonder if the depends will show up in snow angels, you know sort of "bas relief" type? ;) :D :rolleyes:

zippy-kat
11-20-2003, 08:34 PM
:eek: I completely forgot ... today WAS Thursday, wasn't it?! Oh grr...

Corinna
11-21-2003, 12:24 AM
Oh my what did you put in my mint tea I suddenly see lots of the baby new years!!!!!!!!!!! What happened maybe it was a brownie WHAT did you add?????? OH No I now have to admit I never have tried any of that.

zippy-kat
11-21-2003, 08:34 AM
Happy Friday, everbunny!!

slick
11-21-2003, 08:38 AM
Good morning Tonya. Only 6:40am here and I'm already on PT :eek: :eek: Just noticed, only 40 to go I'm at 3000.
Well, I'm off to get ready for work. Have a good day peeps....oops, I mean people.:) :)

mugsy
11-21-2003, 08:44 AM
YEAH!!! I made it through Thursday without cheating!! I didn't have an alcoholic drink and I didn't eat any brownies, "special" or not!

TGIF guys.

gini
11-21-2003, 10:32 AM
I am still laughing over Thursday.

I hope everyone has a great Friday.

RICHARD
11-21-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm doing the 'happy friday dance'

Now, if i could just dance!

lbaker
11-21-2003, 11:15 AM
How did I end up on the floor? What are all these crumbs down my shirt? What.... oh yeah, nevermind

catland
11-21-2003, 11:51 AM
Contrary to popular belief - I did nothing to those brownies. Honest.

Yea Mugsy - keep up the good work!

Corrina - I guess you need to be more specific about what kind of "mint";)

Zippy - sounds like you need a day-timer.

T&P - one Bas-relief snow angel DOTD - coming right up.

Now who has the vacumn? lb left a trail of crumbs everywhere and I don't want to see a bunch of ants invading the bar?

robinh
11-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Checked in yesterday, but didn't post.

Got any brownies left? They sound "interesting"!?! ;) And something really strong to drink. It's been another awful week. Glad next week is a short one.

Is it my imagination or is everyone getting sillier as the end of the year approaches? Not just here on PT, but everywhere?:confused:

catland
11-21-2003, 01:46 PM
hee-hee - I stashed some brownies in the box of Depends when no one was looking. Here you go robh. ;) As for something really strong to drink, how about a long island iced tea?

DONE:)

Sillier - why should we be sillier? My company is going to h*ll in a handbasket. People are leaving in disgust or being laid off, and then they ask me "how's morale?" - ok, lets see, if I tell you the truth, then am I next on the chopping block? - So my reply "oh yea - morale's just fine:eek: :p "

sigh - think I'll make myself a SBM and eat a brownie.

RICHARD
11-21-2003, 01:49 PM

sigh - think I'll make myself a SBM and eat a brownie.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Inebriation could be a god send.

DONE!

lizbud
11-21-2003, 02:42 PM
One more Blonde joke, just because....:D

Norman and his blonde wife life in Fargo. One winter morning while listening to the radio, they hear the announcer say, "We are going to have 3 to 4 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even numbered side of the street, so the snowplow can get through". Norman's wife goes out and moves her car.

A week later, while they are eating breakfast, the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 4 to 5 inches of snow today, you must park your car on the odd numbered side of the street, so the snow- plow can get through.". So, Norman's wife goes out and moves her car.

The next week they are having breakfast again and the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 10 -12 inches of snow today, you must park..." then the electricity goes out. Norman's wife says, "Honey, I don't know what to do..."
Norman says, "Why don't you just leave it in the garage this time."

Have a great weekend everyone. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-21-2003, 05:00 PM
hee-hee - I stashed some brownies in the box of Depends when no one was looking.
:D :eek: :D :D :D

You guys are just too much!

Have a great weekend everyone!

slick
11-21-2003, 10:46 PM
One more for the road:

A man was in his front yard mowing grass when this attractive blonde female neighbor came out of the house and went straight to the mail box. She opened it then slammed it shut, & stormed back in the house. A little later she came out of the house again, went to the mail box and opened it, slammed it shut again. Angrily, back into the house she went.

As the man was getting ready to edge the lawn, here she came
out again, marched to the mail box, opened it and slammed it closed harder than ever. Puzzled by her actions the man asked her "is something wrong?" To which she replied, "There certainly is ---- My stupid computer keeps giving me a message saying........"You've Got Mail".......

That does it. I'm dying my hair red :eek: :eek: