PDA

View Full Version : I need suggestions please!

bluekat
11-19-2003, 04:27 PM
I really need some suggestions...at school we have to do a book report. The book that we need to do it on has to be a biography or autobiography of a person. I really have NO IDEA who to do. I really need some suggestions.:p
Who should I do?

who would you guys do?
ok, thanks:)

CatDad
11-19-2003, 04:42 PM
I don't have a particular person in mind, but there is an author that writes really good biographies. His name is Irving Stone.

It is not a dry account of the persons life, but he puts it in the form of a story. From what I understad he goes to the places that these people live and have been. He does a tremdous amount of reseach so that all of the facts are acurate.

A couple of the ones that I have read:
- The Agony and the Ecstasy: A Biographical Novel of Michelangelo
- Lust for Life(Vincent Van Gogh)
- Origin(Charles Darwin)

He has alot of of others, and I think that they are all written in the form of story and not a dry account.

I don't know if you can use these, but I really enjoyed them and I read them for pleasure and not for school. If you have any questions let me know.

bluekat
11-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks!:)
You just gave me an idea...maybe I could choose a famous artist:D and I actually do need the book to be in a form of a story, so maybe I;ll try to find books on that author.

captain
11-19-2003, 08:28 PM
I must say I enjoyed reading Richard Branson's Autobiography. He is an interesting man .......... and the book is funny too.

petlover
11-19-2003, 08:45 PM
We had a book report not long ago. Or VERY long ago. In 3rd grade anyhow. It was very interesting. I chose Annie Oakley. I read her book in about 3 hours. It was very long. I loved it. It was very entertaining and you can tell, I couldn't put it down.

Miss Meow
11-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by captain
I must say I enjoyed reading Richard Branson's Autobiography. He is an interesting man .......... and the book is funny too.

I bought that book last time I was on a Virgin flight! I enjoyed it too, very gangbuster-ish and a lot of fun!

Like CatDad suggested, Van Gogh would be an interesting person to read about.