PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats "talk" too?

aki
11-19-2003, 08:41 AM
I swear that Chuck can talk. Like the other day when I got home He came running to the door as usual. I picked him up to snuggle him and said, "Were you a good boy today?" He goes"Noooooo" My daughter is like, "Did you just hear that? He said no!" We were laughing our butts off! Sometimes it also sounds like he says Mom & uh-uh. He is a constant source of amusement. Here's a new pic. I love the "grumpy face" he's making!

sirrahbed
11-19-2003, 08:54 AM
That is a cute picture of "grumpy" Chuck!! As for talking ...my kitties do have an assortment of sounds that i think are talking. Little tiny mews" when they are spoken to and this funny "cackle" thing when they see bugs or birds out the window! Cackle Cackle Cackle!!...and they open their mouth and kinda vibrate their whiskers and lower jaw when they do it - so funny!!:D

catlover4ever
11-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Abner is the "talker" of the family. He has an entire assortment of different meows. Abner will tell you his entire life story if you let him....yap, yap, yap, yap, yap.....sometimes he does not stop.

ramanth
11-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Chuck is a cutie, even with the grumpy face! :D

Zam and Logan talk to me. Especially when they want fed. ;) Logan is more talkative in the morning. From the time I wake up till I leave for work, he follows me around just chatting up a storm. :)

Edwina's Secretary
11-19-2003, 10:59 AM
Eddie is a talker. He has this rather sissy sounding "murp". If you enter the room where he is or even just pass by "murp!" He also does this upon entering a room. I have tried explaining to him one reason he is unable to sneak past Edwina is his "murp!"

He doesn't listen!

CatDad
11-19-2003, 11:00 AM
I am in love with Chuck, even with grumpy face.:)

Joey is the talker in our house. She always lets us knw what is going on and when she is doing certain things.:) Bob is the big silent type, he only asks where we are and lets us know when he is done using the litter box.:)

Thanks for the pic.:D

amoore
11-19-2003, 11:14 AM
Sunny is a big talker ,his sounds sure sound like people words too me ! :D

Randi
11-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Awww, I love the picture of Chuck - that expression I know so well. :) I believe you, when you say he can talk - I think most of us do. :D

Lately, Fister has become quite the talker. When he sits in the window and see Pjevs in the yard or the next door neighbour's cat, he comes running to tell us. And if he wants us to open the door to the bathroom. Also, he'll sit in the bed telling us to come in there - NOW! And if he wants a brushing he calls. He has different sounds for everything, it's mostly little chirps like sounds. :) He'll also jump up and greet us on the table or in bed and give us headbumpies. It's just too sweet!! :)

The only time he doesn't call us is when his food bowl is empty, he'll just sit there and wait patiently. :cool:

aki
11-19-2003, 12:03 PM
OMG! If Chuck can see just a sliver of the bottom of his bowl, the whole house knows! So you have to go in there and rearrange his food so he can't see it for him to calm down. I also cannot sleep in too late on the weekend or he will cry and paw on the bed and the closet door so it is banging. Then he jumps in bed and is all over you, meowing in my face and licking my arm. If you can't tell, he is very spoiled!