PDA

View Full Version : new stuff coming out.......

sweet_stormy
11-18-2003, 02:37 PM
has anyone heard anything about the new phone booths in NYC? i heard on the news that they have new phone booths that allow you to e-mail friends, call people (of course), send pictures, and send faxes. it would be so cool if they had them in all the towns (but i doubt that).
has anyone heard anything about the computers that u can wear? there was one that was a belt and the buckle was the mouse (like on a laptop) and it was so cool. there was also one that was like a cell phone (but bigger) and u could get on the internet. all this stuff is so cool. but it would be so expensive to put everyplace. the first ones to get this stuff would be the *rich* people. that bites. why is it that the *rich* people get the good stuff first? its not fair. i mean, u HAVE TO have money to get the new stuff and if you dont HAVE the money than the new stuff will be gone before you do.
just my 2 cents.

~sweet_stormy~

Miss Meow
11-18-2003, 03:17 PM
Most new products cost a fortune to develop, so they are always going to be expensive initially to recoup the research and development costs. But, the first of anything can be riddled with faults and bugs, so it's better to wait for later versions which usually work better :)

sweet_stormy
11-18-2003, 04:56 PM
yea. i never thought of that :D :p ;) :rolleyes: good think we wait til they know if its good or not. i had to think about what i typed.

Tonya
11-18-2003, 07:21 PM
I work for the phone company. They are already starting to train us on that stuff. -Especially wireless. They expect everything to be wireless within the next few years.

When we put out the DSL alot of people were upset because it went into the ritzy neighborhoods first. I know it bites, but we have to start somewhere, and the best place is where you are sure they will buy.

Kfamr
11-18-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by sweet_stormy
why is it that the *rich* people get the good stuff first?

Because "Rich People" are rich. Duh! :p

Cookiebaker
11-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by sweet_stormy
why is it that the *rich* people get the good stuff first?

Because nobody gives stuff out for free. You want something?? You have to pay for it. That's the way the world goes round. Sad, but true.

2kitties
11-18-2003, 10:23 PM
it's not sad, but true. it's just true. I don't expect things in life for free. I expect to work for things and then I'm proud to have earned the money to buy the things I want.

sweet_stormy
11-19-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I work for the phone company.

My mom works for Frontier. She didn't know anything about the new stuff coming out. Where do you work?