PDA

View Full Version : Haven't said it lately, Phred

Logan
07-17-2001, 10:05 PM
But that picture in your Cinder and Smokey signature gives me goosebumps everytime I see it. They are so special, especially together.

Warm fuzzies to you!!

Logan

tatsxxx11
07-18-2001, 06:16 AM
That's so wierd Logan! Yesterday, reading Phred's posts, I looked at their precious "signature" photo and thought the same thing! Those two crazy kids make me smile, laugh and feel good, just looking at their sweet, sweet faces; every time!! Those expressions are priceless! We love you guys! Sandra

aly
07-18-2001, 08:50 AM
Guess what??? My heart skips a beat every time I see them too! They are so beautiful. Phred's got some real models on his hands.

Cinder & Smoke
07-18-2001, 11:20 AM
**Blush** Dad sez our headbones are gonna swell up ;)

Last Friday GranMom got purdy sicklee (she gotz nee-maoan-ya :( ) so they shipped her off to the Big White Coat's Lab and Dad hadda go to Picksberg fer a "kupla dayz". The regular house we goez to when Dad leaves us wuz gonna be emptee cuz Unka Pat went outta town fer a whole week. So Dad arranged for anudder of his Fire Buds to gome uppa our house an take care of us twicet a day or so. We got stuck inna basement cuz we get too rowdee to stay a long time up inna house wiffa Kat...

Ownlee problem wuz Dad furgetz to tell us Tracy is gonna be visitin us atta Ranch. Friday nite rolls round anna *stranger* busts inna house an opens our door :eek:. Miz Cinders meets the *intruder* atta door an starts aktin like a tack dog. I tried ta tell her that guy looks kind familur an she otta back off a minnit, but she's grabbin his pant skinz an aktin feerooshus. Well, Tracy dint like that so much, so's they had a liddel deeskusshin an Cinders agreed that OkeeDoKee, Mister Tracy kuld be boss. I jest akted normul an waved my tailbone an wiggeled my butt an jumped up-an-down :). I wuz purdy happie jest ta see *sumbuddie*!

We gotz our kunichies, fresh wadder, and went for an *outie*. Mr. Tracy dint trust Cinners ta run loose, so she hadda stay onna long rope, but I gotz to run round wiffa leash draggin cuz I kept commin rite back whenebber Tracy called my name. After Friday nite we wuz purdy nice ta Mister Tracy an his WifeMate when they comed ta visit wiff us.

G-Mom got a lot better, so Dad comed home on Mundee nite. He wuz a liddel uppyset when he busted us loose cuz tween Tracy's mornin an afternoon visits we gotz a liddel *rowdee* an played tug-a-war wiffa lay-me-down pad :o. Kinda had pad stuffin all ober our korner inna basement.

We all jumped inna trakter kar an rode uppa street ta thank Tracy for takin care of us. That's when Dad founded out bout Cinners way of greetin Mister Tracy an when we fluffed up our pad :rolleyes:. Dad wuz happie cuz Tracy said we wuz reelee purdy *good* an he'd be willin to take care of us ennie time.

Mister Boots, the Kat, akted happie that Dad got back; an we all rasseled round an had a good time when we got back to the Ranch.

Dad jest minded us not to let these Pat Talk kompleementz go to our headbonez :cool: - kuz we're still NawTeeDawgz at heart :D. But Thankz fer thinkin bout us FurKidz!!

Daisy's Mom
07-18-2001, 11:38 AM
I agree. Cinder and Smoke are gorgeous dogs, and they just look like they are supposed to be together. They match! I'm glad 'GranMom' is doing better with her pneumonia. You two NawteeDogs behave yourselves until she is okay again! :)

Logan
07-18-2001, 12:59 PM
Oh man, Phred. I had no idea of your troubles when I posted that message. Glad Grandma is doing better, and I'm sure Cinder and Smokey were glad to see you when you got back.

Still love that picture in your signature....I just *sigh* everytime I see it.

Behave Miss Cinder!!!

Logan

Cinder & Smoke
07-18-2001, 02:05 PM
Good Newz! :) :)
GranMom jest got tossed outta the Big Lab an sent back to the Health Center at her Village :D!

Dad's Sis is gonna visit G-Mom startin tumorrow nite, so Dad might not have to do ennie obernites fer a while. We're not sure iffin it's gonna be klowdee an kool enuff for us FurKIdz ta tag along this weekend. Since we have to spend sum time inna trakter kar unner the trees, we don't get ta go :( iffin it's gonna be hot an sunnie.

Dad sez Thankz fer thinkin bout his Mom!! ;)

tatsxxx11
07-18-2001, 02:45 PM
Cinder, Smokey. Star and Cody here. Wow, guys, we two sure were sad to hear about G-Mom not feelin well. Mom gets so sad and gulps in air reeeel hard when she reads upsettin news like dat. But you sure made our day, seein as G's feelin better an gettin outta the BIG white lab an back inna village. Now Cinder, we know what you were thinkin when you had that little inceedent an got booted outta the visitin program. What a fuss!!! Silly ole blue coat grouchy man!!! Maybe all the nice rezidents atta village can organize a protest and get you back to supervised visits. Sure your G-Mom misses your kisses! And yer Dad sure seems buzy too, fightin all dem infernos and makin it all nice and safe fer us all, and helpin to ketch the bad guys too! WOW! Maybe you two could learn ta be fire sniffin crime investigatin critters! Wouldn't you two, along with Dad, make some team!! I just know you two gotta smarts in ya. And how's the Smokster's bum leg doin? Did ya get the white coats to tell ya what's the matter?? We hope yer feelin better Smokey and kickin up a storm. Good to know at least yer jaws are still workin, what wif rippin up yer "night-night all" pad :D As ya know, Cody's gotta a bit a the bum hip and artyritis. But she sure doesn't let it hold her back when a scamperin critter crosses her path. Oh, Oh. Did my mom tell ya I gave her a good cases of the :eek:'s the other day??? Yup, seems it was a real Star-911 alert after she found me munchin and grazin on some strange red berries. Honeysuckers, suckle, sumthin like dat I think she called em. Well, things were a bit slow in my yard, mom was IGNORING me flippin thru some sad doggie story and booo-hooooing (as usual) and well, they sure looked tasty! Mom chased me away, and I kept on a playin and runnin and catchin my frisbee. Then, in mid air, I COLLAPSED!! I slinked neath a shrub and mom started turning pasty and icky lookin. Me too! I started pukin up red stuff. For long she was haulin me inna house and started dialin up the pet-poison hotline. She got even more real upset when BEFORE they would give her any info on whether it was gonna be a thumbs up or down as to my final outcome, they made her wait to check and see if her kredit kard was ok for the big bucks you have to paw over for the info! Well, as I TRIED to tell her....NO WORRIES! Maybe just an hour or two of upchucks....more boiled burger and rice and lots a water. Geeeeez, what a fuss! Udder wise, we're havin a pretty good summer, and all lookin forward to Aunt Logan's big visit. Can't wait to meet a real Pet Talker inna flesh! Well, Cinder, Smokey, Honey and Lilly, Hannah and Tucker, Miss Daisy, Perry and Daisy Pal, and all our other naw-tee-dawg friends....I think we outta claim our board back and start tellin our tales! Let's get "our page" bumped up to the top! After all, WE ARE the real "stars" here!! Love to all my buds, and especially Uncle Phred and his Mom. We love our Mom.. Mom's are sooooo special :)

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Sudilar
07-18-2001, 02:55 PM
So sorry to hear about GranMom. I hope she is feeling better soon. That must be so hard on you.

Cinder and Smoke are a perfect match. I wish Killian and Shiloh could meet you two. What fun you all would have. You look like you could be Kill and Shi's little bro and sis!! Kill and Shi would be happy to babysit you two!

Cinder was just doin' her job when she attacked the intruder. Hehe.

Hang in there. We're all thinking about you.

Sue and Killian and Shiloh

Sudilar
07-18-2001, 03:02 PM
Oh no, Sandra!!!!! Star collapsed in mid-air!!! I would have passed out myself if that happened!! You must have been terrified. How awfully scary that must have been. Thank goodness Cody is ok now. I can imagine the horror of the moment!!!!!! Whew!
Sue

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

auggie
07-18-2001, 08:18 PM
Cinder, you're such a good watchdog. Glad your G-mon is doing better. Tell Dad to get a digital camera soon, so we can see more Pictures.
Sandra, I am starring at your signature wishing for Snow. Dying here in this 100 deg. Weather.

tatsxxx11
07-19-2001, 03:20 PM
Auggie, I'd send you some snow...But chances are it would melt before it got to Texas! ;) Hang in there. Autumn is just around the corner!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-19-2001, 05:54 PM
Star and Cody, Miss Daisy here, we girls got to stick together, Star don't be eating those red berrie thingies, if you get sick you know the first thing.. here comes the white coats. yuckkkk
I fixed Momma up a while back, she took me for those big needle thingies and she knows I hate that, so while she was kissing me and loving me on the way home, I upchucked in her lap in the car all over her slacks. She didn't seem very happy, Dad had to pull over and get a rag to put in her lap cuz I kept doing it for a while, but maybe I won't have to go back for those needle thingies anymore.
Perry is such a clutz, he don't know how to operate, he just jumps on the big silver thing and he lets them stick him with those needle thingies and sleeps all the way home.
I've been trying to show him all the little tricks I know but he don't get it. I think he is a little Nerdy. :D
Star I'm glad you are o.k. just don't eat any more berrie thingies.

Phred, I'm glad your Mom is doing better, hi to Cinder and Smoke.

RachelJ
07-20-2001, 02:55 PM
Starshine, Hannah here. Sorry you got the :( from eating berries. Me and Tucker want to send you some of Tucker's crabapples. They're okay to eat. We know this 'cause Tucker's been eating them and he's never gurked yet. I even started to eat them too. Mom tasted one just because she wanted to see what Tucker was so obsessed about and she made a :eek: face. She didn't eat the whole thing like Tucker does. His poopies got stems again. :) So tell Auntie Sandra she should get you all some crab apple trees too and then you could pick your own snacks that don't make you sick.

Mom says she's got to have the puter back, so I gots to go. Love to all my buds.

Cinder & Smoke
07-20-2001, 06:36 PM
Hi! to Star*Burster, Hannah, and all The Rest of our Buds ~

Youse guys otta leave those hunneysucker thingies alone - Dad goes ballistic :eek:
whenever wun of us FurKids takes to munchin on "stuff" we find on our walks :rolleyes:.

But we've found a really neat way to jerk on Dad's chain when we go for our outie before bed time. Ya gotta find a spot inna yard where the light isn't too good - we picked a spot where the pole light casts a shadow from it's pole. Start off by acting real interested in one spot ~ paw the ground wiffa forepaw, sniff like crazy, jump up-an-down, maybe bark a few times. We both take turns working the same spot. Soon as you hear the ole *leave it!* trot off and give yer Hoomin the "oh, it's nuffin" look :cool:; but circle right around and go back to the zakt same spot. Betcha yer Hoomin will come out to check on whatcha got!

We been workin our "spot" all week. Dad has gone back inna house, put his slipper feet on, and marched out to the "spot" for the last three nights! What a HOOT! He eben brought his big firefighter lectrik light torch stick thingy so's he could see better night fore last. He musta looked fer 5 minnits. Nuffin there! Mighta been a bug or sumpin like that the furst nite, but trust me, ain't nuttin there now, cept a lotta dawg and Two-Legger pawprints inna big circle :D.

We play the game till the dew drops start soaking through Dad's slipperz, then he usually mutterz a few NawTee wurds an stomps back onna porch an hollerz fer us to "come, NOW!" SmokeMutt keeps askin me what we're lookin for, but so far he keeps playin rite along. Dumb Brudders are purdy handy ta have inna fambly!!

Tucker ~ You really *like* those crabby apple thingies? I nebber got to really try wun - ya know wiff Dad hollerin those *leave it* wurds an pryin my mouf open to dig em out - I can't tell if I like em or not. Do those stem thingies *tickle* when they travel down yer inside pipes?

Waggz to All, Woof at ya later.

PS: Everybody please remember our sicklee Bud Killian and keep yer pawz crossed for the big guy. He an his Mom, Miz Sue, need all our thoughts and prayers! Hang in there, Killian ~ we're all wishin you the Very Best!

Sudilar
07-21-2001, 12:54 AM
Killian and Shiloh, here.

Thanks for all your prayers. Mom says I need em. I feel ok. I just don't like eatin' as much as I used to. I still get around.

He-he, Cinder and Smokey! Me and Shiloh do the exact same thing! We even add a running start to the spot and stick our noses way inna grass. Hehehe. Then at the "back 40" we have our wood pile with a tarp on it. Some little chippy-monkey things live in there. So I always go stickin my nose in there, too. Mom is already trained. Whenever we go out in the dark time, she takes her flashbeam stick and shines it on us. We fool her sometimes and split up on each end of the yard. He-he then I can eat some yummy grass and not get yelled at! Mom says we look like devil dogs when the beam thing shines in our eye sockets. She said they shine pink and blue!

Gotta go to sleep now. Just checked the yard and it's free of creepy crawly, mean monsters. So.....g'night!!

tatsxxx11
07-21-2001, 08:19 AM
Hey Cinder, Smokey, Hannah, Tucker, Killian, Shiloh, Miss Daisy, Perry (Honey and Lilly, you guys out there?) and all my buds! Star here. Wow, Cinder and Smokey, night-nightime at Phred's ranch sounds jest like bedtime at my house. Glad ta hear though that Smokey picked up real quick like on all those "team" maneuvers that keep our 2-leggers hoppin! :D How's yer G-Mom? We're hoppin and prayin real hard that she stays well and outta the big, white house. Hope yer Dad knows we're thinkin of her all the time and put her in our doggie prayers every night. Are you guys doin anything extry special today? Hope yer gettin lotsa lake time and trakter trips and all. We sure would have fun rompin and chasin and barkin together, don't ya think?? :)

Killian, Shiloh, we have a chippy haven in our wood pile too. :) And me the Codster jest love playin tag team, ya know, good dog-bad dog, and makin Mom chase us back inna house widda lite stick till her bedsocks are soakin wet; just like Smokey's dad! Have to tell ya we been pretty good not makin one of em a bedtime snack lately :D

As fer my pukies. All's well. Didn't bother me much. Mom sure hadda nervis fit tho. Think I'll stick to snackin from da rapsberries bush from now on though. And Auntie Rachel, Hannah and Tucker. We don't have crabby :(apples, but we gots regular apple trees in our back 40. Right now some a the little green ones are fallin off and when mom's hadda nuf a throwin the ball and frisbee, me Cody just love sittin under the tree and chompin on all the deeeeelicous apples, worms an all! Ain't summer great?

Miss Daisy, pukin on mom's lap :D That'll teach her bout takin us girls to the nasty room widda silver table. I won't even get on it. I fuss and squirm till they leave me onna floor and get down to my level. I won't even sit still for the sharpy stinger thingy till mom gives me a krunchie. Perry sounds just like Cody. Too well behaved for my thinkin! What a pink-noser!

Killi, me and Cody and Mom and all the furkids here are prayin so hard for ya every, every day and night. We're feelin specially bad fer yer Mom, Auntie Sue. She loves you so much. And we all love ya both lots and lots. Please get well soon, OK?

Well, better start plannin my buzy day. Lots a sunshine to catch! Woof and licks to all my pals from Star and Cody!! Special labbie love is being sent xpress to G-Mom and Killi!!

[ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Cinder & Smoke
07-23-2001, 10:27 PM
Hi, Killian! ~ Howz ya feelin, Big Guy?

Sorry to hear all the good Hoomin grub got taken off your menue :(. Maybe yer Mom can make you happie wiff some home-made gravy or boullion added to yer special dawg food. But ya gotta keep eatin ;), the Two-Leggers get reel worried iffin we don't eat rite! We think bout you an yer Mom every day!

Hey Star*Burster ~ We furgots to mention that Dad thought bout us turnin inta fire investigation K-9's, but when we found out summa the details, we declined. All them special Sniffer Dawgs gotta learn to *sniff* for their meals! No treats, no meals, no grub at ALL wiffout their Hoomin layin out a buncha sample cans wiff different stuff in em. Ya gotta *hit* on the bad stuff, neber onna "control substance", afore ya get wun krunchie. An this goes on several times a day, eber day of yer career. An then ya gotta crawl around fire scenes - no runnin or jumpin, cuz ya might get hurted - stinky work! An nobuddie's loud ta pet an play wiff ya - cuz yer supposed to be a "pro". We're to happie-go-luckie for that job! We get enuff "stink" from Dad's firefighter gear what rides onna floor inna kar - alluz stinks after he plays firefighter wiffa hoses an ladderz.

As fer SmokeMan's bum kneebone ~ we're watchin that till it's time for my owchie shotz next munth. Smoke's gonna ride along so Doc Mike, our White Coat, can take a furst look atta Kid. Meantime, he jest skips along like a happie kamper - don't seem ta matter whether he's got four onna floor or ownlee three :D.

Dad skaroowed up our "spot" on Satadee - he took Odd Job and Woody, the lawn eaters, out to grind up the brown grass an high weeds we call "the yard". They munched up our "spot" an we lost track of where it wuz! Tried to play our game that nite an we boff went ta different places :mad:! Couldn't conn Dad inta commin out inna dew-dropz :(. I wuz gonna take Smokey down to our pond an chase summa the froggys, but that usually results in wet paws an stinky pond wadder onna tummy. Late at nite that means a kold shower wiffa hose :eek: an sleepin inna basement ~ so we passed on that idea an jest chased the bats that were eatin skeedows at the pole lite!

It wuz reelee hot an muggy on Sundee, so we dint get to go see GranMom - hadda stay inna kool basement while Dad went by hisself. Dad sez she's gettin better now that she's out of the Big Lab an back in her own Health Center, but she's still kinda week and has a cough :(. We preesheate alla kind thoughts towards her gettin better!

Hi Fours to All; We'll Yap at ya all later :cool:

RachelJ
07-24-2001, 03:38 PM
Hi my Nawteedawger friends, Hannah has to weigh in on the late nite activities. Mom says I am the Queen of Yap and Nighty time is when some extra yapping is needed. Mom don't unnerstand this. How could she? She doesn't hear what I hear or see what I see, having them ordinary human senses, not those that are honed to perfection like me. Anyways she's makes a big deal 'bout the neighbor's not wanting to hear my yapping. Ordinarily I will kind of cooperate when she says "Hannah, no bark". Well, after she says it a couple times anyway. But at nighty-night time, it seems I drowned out her "no bark" with my yapping. So now when we take our last trip out to the yard, I am put on the 30 ft. line. It's soooo embarrassing, having a fenced in yard and being put on a tie out. And of course, perfect boy, Tucker doesn't have to be on a tie.

jackiesdaisy1935
07-24-2001, 04:09 PM
Hi Hannah, these people just don't understand us naughty girls. If we didn't let them know about those noises they would never jump up and get exercise. I like a little excitement in the house, and Perry the Nerd, just lays on Dad's lap like the goodie two shoes he is. Dad is always saying to Mom "Look how good Perry minds". Mom says to Dad, "Well Daisy is a little independent", boy do I have them snowed.
Tomorrow I will fix Mr.Goodie two shoes, when he takes my toy away, I'll go running to Mom, all she has to do is look at him and he drops my toy.
:D

tatsxxx11
07-25-2001, 09:13 AM
Star here...Me too, Hannah! ALL that fenced in yard, and come nite-nite, I'm only allowed out clipped onto the ropey thing! Geeez. So, a woof woof here, woof woof there...I'm only protectin my den; and mom of course! And Daisy, well, we've yapped about this before.... Cody's always getting the "Miss Goodie Two Paws" head pats! :mad: I love my sis, but c'mon mom! I can't be bad all the time, can I???? :D