PDA

View Full Version : BUG in the house!

sirrahbed
11-18-2003, 09:15 AM
My kitties do the funniest thing when there is a flying bug or moth in the house. They BOTH go on full alert like pointer kitties and do this funny cackling sound. In the picture, you can see their mouths open while do this odd sound - eyes both on the BUG which was a stinging beetle that hubby rescued us from!! My brave kitties!! Eliot is on the table at left and Emily is on the counter - both cackling away! :D :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pac0bbc558d280877bbeead926f8147fc/fa870fb0.jpg

Barbara
11-18-2003, 09:30 AM
That picture is sooo funny. Around here the big moth hunt is also a favorite pastime (ok, not now -in summer). Then you can see two middle aged gentlemen jump like kittens.:) :D

catmandu
11-18-2003, 09:47 AM
My cats are like that , in fly season , and Princess is death to centipedes! Even with 100 legs!

Craftlady
11-18-2003, 10:03 AM
Lady bugs and Thumper are great friends and play toys. LOL
She spots one a mile away and let's mom know where it is and it does not matter if mom can't get to the bug because it is on the ceiling and mom is short needs a chair to stand on to reach the dern bug. LOL

Skinny bats them around on the kitchen floor. Men LOL

CatDad
11-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Love the story and the picture. Well you know that they are looking out for you and ready to attack the bad intruders.:)

Bob will chase bugs around the house. I haven't seen Joey do that yet.

catnapper
11-18-2003, 10:40 AM
Who ya gonna call?

Moth Busters!

We have two very good members of that volunteer group ourselves. They go nuts and will tear my house apart jumping from one table to another, nocking everything off. I must admit, I have actually stood on the bed or chairs, holding the cats high so that they can trap their prey in the corner of the ceiling and wall!!

Barbara
11-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Who ya gonna call?

Moth Busters!

I must admit, I have actually stood on the bed or chairs, holding the cats high so that they can trap their prey in the corner of the ceiling and wall!!

Same here:D :D :D I just didn't dare to post it:D

sirrahbed
11-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by catnapper (and seconded by Barbara)
I must admit, I have actually stood on the bed or chairs, holding the cats high so that they can trap their prey in the corner of the ceiling and wall!!

:D :D WE do that too! It is hysterical! They will swat and swat, almost leaping out of our hands to trap a moth!! So funny:D

ramanth
11-19-2003, 10:17 AM
LOL! My cats have never cackled at the bugs (only at the birds outside), but they do love to chase! :D

amoore
11-19-2003, 12:18 PM
How cute Emily and Eliot are in that picture !
Sunny does that at moth , he looks funny to me !:D

11-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Emily & Eliot, you are to funny for words ;) :) Great picture!!

jenluckenbach
11-19-2003, 02:12 PM
Too cute> :D

Up until recently I have had "pointers" but no "hunters". They'd look but it was up to US to go and get it. But since Bonnie came, she is quite the quick kittie. She can down a moth in no time.
(actually it is quite sad to think that the reason she is so good at this is because she HAD to fend for herself out on the streets)

Lallypop11
11-19-2003, 02:21 PM
That's a great action shot!

My cats are the same way, they sit and chatter and stare when they see a bug. That is my signal that the bug catching game has begun. My fiance and I pick up the 2 boys who are the hunters, while Priss watches from the ground, and we follow the bug around, the cats have their paws outstretched , it's so funny. Finally, one of them will knock it to the ground and Bubby will usually eat it. He's so proud. Then he stares at the ceiling the rest of the night in hopes of another bug. Even though bugs are gross and scary, I love when the cats get to chase them. One time Bubby brought a bug carcass to the foot of our bed after he had killed it, we took it as a sign of affection, they are so funny.

Happy Hunting! :D