PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of football - time for the rivalry weekend.

catland
11-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Since the NFL thread is here, I decided to stick this one here also.

Our big Oregon rivalry is UofO vs Oregon State. We call our rivalry the "Civil War". Its a really big deal here. Since I didn't attend either school, I don't care much about it but the alumni of these schools are very passionate about the game.

Next Saturday I-5 will be filled with people heading south for the game with their Green & Yellow or Orange & Black flags. It is quite the site.

Other rilvalry of note is the Army-Navy game.

What are the rivlaries in your area?

What's your rivalry.

2kitties
11-17-2003, 03:12 PM
My school sucks at football, but we've been known to cause some seriousness during basketball season.
I"m a Tarheel and when it comes time for Duke/UNC to play hoops, well, no holds barred!

RICHARD
11-17-2003, 03:25 PM
USC/UCLA

Actually U can CLA on a clear day..;)

mugsy
11-17-2003, 03:29 PM
IU and Purdue

Purdue and Notre Dame

Notre Dame and Michigan

Cincy'sMom
11-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Ohio State vs. Michigan

(Go Blue!)

I will be in Las Vegas...I hope we can find the game on somewhere!!!!

Logan
11-17-2003, 03:45 PM
In this state, the USC (that would be the University of South Carolina) vs Clemson game is the biggest rivalry. And ours is this coming weekend as well! :) I hope that Clemson will prevail!!! :)

joycenalex
11-17-2003, 06:14 PM
GO BLUE BEAT OSU! ohhowihateohiostate! GO BLUE!!!!

Cincy'sMom
11-17-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by joycenalex
GO BLUE BEAT OSU! ohhowihateohiostate! GO BLUE!!!!

How to great to see from someone who lives in Columbus!! I get enough guff for being a UM fan andliving in Ohio (even though I am 5 min from MI)...I can't imagine what you must get living in Columbus :)

RubyMutt
11-17-2003, 07:48 PM
The Apple Cup!

WSU -vs- UW

I'm not a big fan of football, but the Apple Cup is all I've been hearing about lately ;)

joycenalex
11-21-2003, 07:44 AM
tonight, after working here in columbus (home of ohio state university) i'll be driving north to ann arbor (home of the university of michigan, and my familys' home) to go see the UM/OSU football game. this is the 100th time these schools have played. the game standings are 57UM wins, 37OSU wins and 6 ties. make it 58 wins wolverines!

mugsy
11-21-2003, 07:47 AM
Good luck to all the rivals!!

RICHARD
11-21-2003, 11:12 AM
time for another fun football weekend..

Go team!!

and what about Keyshawn?

talk about being dumb....I can hardly wait to see his point of view on sunday!!

RobiLee
11-21-2003, 08:47 PM
GO BUCKEYES!!!

joycenalex
11-23-2003, 06:54 PM
University of Michigan 35, Ohio State University 21. UM are the big ten champs! what a game! what rivals! i love it when both teams come ready to play and play hard. this afternoon when i crossed the state line, going south from michigan into ohio, on the first overpass (near toledo) some one had hung signs saying "welcome home buckeyes", i liked that, be true to your school...still... GO BLUE!!!

Cincy'sMom
11-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by joycenalex
University of Michigan 35, Ohio State University 21. UM are the big ten champs! what a game! what rivals! i love it when both teams come ready to play and play hard. this afternoon when i crossed the state line, going south from michigan into ohio, on the first overpass (near toledo) some one had hung signs saying "welcome home buckeyes", i liked that, be true to your school...still... GO BLUE!!!

It was a good game!!! We were sitting in The Bellagio watching it while playing video poker, and I couldn't believe all the people around to watch. I was starting to get alittle nervous in the 4th, but the UM scored again and put the game away....Go Blue!!!