PDA

View Full Version : The Wall Of Collars...

Angels3
07-14-2001, 05:20 AM
On one of the other dog lists I'm on, a US member posted this description of a wall of dog & cat collars on the fence of a local Animal Shelter. Its purpose is to remind the people passing by, of all the animals that didn't make it to a new home.

'I happened to go past our local Animal Shelter this morning and saw something that completely blew me away...

On their 10ft chain-link fence is a huge sign and hundreds of dog and cat collars. The sign says, "These collars belonged to only a few of the hundreds of dogs and cats we have already had to euthanize at our shelter this year. We pray for a day when a wall like this is a Distant Memory." '

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: Angels3 ]

RachelJ
07-14-2001, 07:49 AM
What a sad sight that must have been.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Rottie
07-14-2001, 07:52 AM
How sad. :( Hopefully it will remind some people to adopt their next dog from the shelter. :(

jackiesdaisy1935
07-14-2001, 09:14 AM
Angels3, that has to be a very sad thing to look at, but maybe it takes something like that to make a point. After being on this post listening to everybody, we always got our dogs from breeders, if we ever get another dog it will be from a rescue. Since we are along in age it would be from the Senior Dog Rescue. It breaks my heart to see all the wonderful dogs looking for homes, before computers we just didn't think about them, seeing them on the net brings in reality.

Sudilar
07-14-2001, 10:34 AM
That brings tears to my eyes. Sooooo horribly sad. It breaks my heart. :(

Pam
07-14-2001, 01:00 PM
:( :( :(

Angels3
07-14-2001, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jackiesdaisy1935:
[QB]Angels3, that has to be a very sad thing to look at, but maybe it takes something like that to make a point.

Yes, I agree with you & think that the wall of collars should be outside every animal shelter. It would remind people that they save a life by adopting a shelter or rescue dog. And I'm also with you on adopting a Senior Dog. Our next dog will be a rescue
Senior Dog, too. Isn't that wonderful how we live miles apart but we've both reached the same conclusion!