PDA

View Full Version : The 2003 Movies

RICHARD
11-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Since we are talking movies...

What was the best movie you saw this year???

I saw "We Were Soldiers" this past weekend...

It was incredible. The sign of a great movie is
that you are STILL thinking about it two, three days after you have seen it.

Mel Gibson was great and Greg Kinnear, who I never really thought of as an actor, was superb in his role.

A must see movie, not because of the action, but because of the story and the people who lived thru that time.

tatsxxx11
11-17-2003, 02:00 PM
I just saw Master and Commander: The Other Side of the World with Russell Crowe, last night. It's set on the high seas off the coast of Brazil during the Napoleonic Wars. The cinematography, the scenery, the music, the battle scenes, were breathtaking! And I got a little history lesson to boot. It's about Capt. "Lucky Jack "Aubrey, a naval officer who commands The Surprise, a British naval vessel relentlessly pursing a much larger and faster French ship. But it's really a movie about friendship and loyalty. The scenes of the Galapagos Islands and the animals, were spectacular. I haven't enjoyed a movie as much since A Beautiful Mind. As matter of fact, the same actor who played Russell Crowe's best, if not imaginary, friend in a Beautiful Mind, was his best friend, and ship's surgeon, in this one. Yes, I do like Russell Crowe!:D

I loved "We Were Soldiers" too, Richard! Great movie!

http://romanticmovies.about.com/library/graphics/mastercommanderpubd.jpg