PDA

View Full Version : Videos--

Amber
11-17-2003, 12:37 PM
How do you post videos on PT? I have some clips of Maggie, Katie, and Gracie. and I want to share them with you. Thanks!!

Amber
11-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Bumpies! :) anyone know?

G.P.girl
11-17-2003, 04:45 PM
uuuum... i don't know:confused: i want to see videos....

Dogz
11-17-2003, 04:57 PM
I **think** you just need them saved on your computer, and then you attach them, but they can't be too big in file size. I'm not sure if I am correct, but I am sure somebody knows.

CatDad
11-17-2003, 05:36 PM
To post a video you would use HTTP tags.

You have to upload it to a server that will allow it to be access from PT. Just like you would a picture to imagestation. Then use the HTTP tag to direct the click to the wherever the video is stored. Imagestation will allow video, but it limits the amout. I can't remember how much.

If the video is under about 2.1 megs you can attach to the post.

I hope this helps. I have never done this, but I went to a post that had video and that is how it was done there.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them.:)

Amber
11-17-2003, 06:44 PM
How do you know if your file is too big?

CatDad
11-17-2003, 07:22 PM
If you right hand click on the file containing the video. It would be the file that ends with .mpg or .vid it will be different depending on the format. Anyway, right click on it and you will see properties at the bottom of the list that pops up.

When you click on that another window will pop up and about mid way down you should see a listing for Size. It will be in KB, and then in parenthese it will have the size in bytes.

If that number is below 2,100,000 bytes then you can add it as an attachment. If it is above that number you will have to post it to someplace and then put a link into the post.

If you have any more questions just let me know.:)

Amber
11-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Ok, I did what you said.

The size is 1,026,560 and then it said 0.97 MB

CatDad
11-17-2003, 08:31 PM
Then if you want to, you can attach it to you post using the attach file in the Post Reply.

One thing I forgot to have you check, there is a list of valid extensions in the attach file section, and your video has to be one of those.

Let me know if you have any more questions.