PDA

View Full Version : While the Cat(aholic)'s away...

Vermontcat
11-17-2003, 12:07 PM
The Pet Talkers will play!:D

I thought it would be fun if we picked out a new tux kitty for Cataholic while she is away this week.:)
She is now behind both Payitforward and Noah's Mommy in the number of cats so she really is due to pick out a new state kitty!
Here are some tuxies in her area that I found on www.petfinder.com

1)http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/MI202.2183144.jpg

2)http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/MI232.1526078.jpg

3)http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/MI157.2163926.jpg

4)http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/MI291.2213111.jpg

5)http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/MI338.2173539.jpg

6)http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/MI343.1956936.jpg

7)http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/IN71.2028554.jpg

Please post which number cat you like best for Cataholic and which state name you like other than Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Dakota and Minnesota.
I still think she needs to name a cat Vermont but I picked number 7 because she already has a state name, Jersey!
Also feel free to search the petfinder link above to find more tuxies for her to choose from.
I know Cataholic will be surprised when she comes back from vacation and sees this thread.:D

Soledad
11-17-2003, 12:10 PM
I really love number 1. I think he/she would make a great Montana. :)

2kitties
11-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Number 4 Number 4
444444444444!
Look at that little thing, the spitting image of my Rocky, half nosed and all.

sirrahbed
11-17-2003, 12:11 PM
#6 OHIO :D

jenluckenbach
11-17-2003, 12:17 PM
She MUST take #2 and she should call it Missi(ssippi) if it is a girl or Mich(igan) if it is a boy

Cinder & Smoke
11-17-2003, 12:18 PM
We could prolly get *Mom* to pop open the door...

An just *slip* the New Kitty in with the Herd...

Wunder how long it would take Miz Johanna to *notice*//

:D

Barbara
11-17-2003, 12:19 PM
#1 or #6. And I vote for Oregon aka Orrie.
My favorite state regarding landscape and climate:D (Yes I love rain).

Christiansmommy
11-17-2003, 12:23 PM
I have to go with #7 and the name Jersey is what i was thinking anyway!!

Prairie Purrs
11-17-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
I really love number 1. I think he/she would make a great Montana. :)
I agree! Nickname can be Monty for a boy, Tana for a girl. :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2003, 12:25 PM
I vote for #1 and the name....Louisiana....Louie for short!

RedHedd
11-17-2003, 12:28 PM
I love #7 Jersey. That little spot on the nose and the sweet feet have swayed me :)

ScantyNebula
11-17-2003, 12:30 PM
#2 = Kent, Ken, Kenny (Kentucky) Kendra if girl? hehe

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-17-2003, 12:33 PM
I say #6 with a name of Wisconsin - Got Milk? (notice the milk 'stash") ;) :D I think Wisc (like whisk) would be a good nickname. :D

Lallypop11
11-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Awwwwwwww, I feel bad for all those babies that need homes! :( I think number 6 looks like a sweet and playful baby, but one of the most important life lessons is don't judge a book by it's cover! I say you get all of them! :D

Logan
11-17-2003, 12:48 PM
She's gonna get you back, Vermontcat!!! LOL!!!! :eek:

I think she should take them all.........in all seriousness, I'll go investigate each one and pick at least one for Johanna!!! :)

aly
11-17-2003, 12:58 PM
#5 - Cali !! (California)

Vermontcat
11-17-2003, 01:09 PM
I forgot to say that only #4 and #6 are boys, all the rest are girls.
If you want to know their current names on Petfinder they are Tuxie, Shady, Baby Olivia, Zeppelin, Hope, Got Milk(YES T&P's mom that is his real name!)
and Jersey(in a shelter in Indiana right now.):D
If Lillycat sees this she does have a key to Cataholic's house since she is petsitting for her. We really could arrange to have one delivered if her mom helps!;)

carole
11-17-2003, 01:28 PM
I simply cannot choose, could she not have them all, then she would be well ahead of everyone else:) :D ok if I must it would be 1,4 and 7.;)

kuhio98
11-17-2003, 01:38 PM
#5 #5 #5 - look at the white stripe on the nosey-nose and the little freckle. How could you resist? How about "Alaska"?

Prairie Purrs
11-17-2003, 01:41 PM
Cutie #3 could be Pennsylvania--Penny for short.

Maybe I should rethink that, though--my name's Penny, and it might be rather disconcerting to see a thread titled "Penny's getting spayed." :eek:

PayItForward
11-17-2003, 02:21 PM
It must be #7 and call her Virginia :D, Please

PS. Great idea for a thread.

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Maybe I should rethink that, though--my name's Penny, and it might be rather disconcerting to see a thread titled "Penny's getting spayed."

There have been threads titled..."Baby Sara"....."Baby Sara Goes to the Shelter" etc!

Uabassoon
11-17-2003, 02:49 PM
I like #6 and I think it should be named Arizona :)

CatDad
11-17-2003, 02:53 PM
I can't decide between 1 and 7, I like the white stripes and there expression. It may not be the best set of critera for a search, but I have to make a choice somehow.:)

As for a name I have a few how about Georgia, Maine, (Mary)land and last but not least Virginia.

popcornbird
11-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Ohhhhh now isn't Catapault going to be THRILLED to see this? LOL LOL Great thread Vermontcat!

Johanna asked me to keep track of all the good threads for her while she's away, before she left...........and I'm starting to do that now. This one will definitely be the first on the list! Boy oh boy! I can't wait to see her reaction! :D

Names?

I like Oregon (Oreo) for a tux.................then I like California (Cali) too, but I don't think she'd use that cause I think it was one of her RB pets name(?) I can't remember the exact reason, but I know she won't use Cali. Hmmm.............I like Pennsylvania (Penny) too.

:D:D

Miss Meow
11-17-2003, 03:28 PM
I think Lillycat already has Indiana, Washington and Nevada so those names may already be taken ;)

I vote we take all those cuties from Petfinder! :D

RedHedd
11-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
If Lillycat sees this she does have a key to Cataholic's house since she is petsitting for her. We really could arrange to have one delivered if her mom helps!;)
Just sneak one in while she's away .... think she'll notice? ;) :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2003, 03:49 PM
How about calling him/her Utah? Then she could call to it..."hey U!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kirsten
11-17-2003, 03:50 PM
OMG, I love them all!!! :)

No. 4 looks like my beloeved RB cat Katz!!!

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-17-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
How about calling him/her Utah? Then she could call to it..."hey U!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sara, you just crack me up sometimes! :D :D :D

sweet_stormy
11-17-2003, 05:00 PM
i think #4 and #7.
#4: Georgia
#7: Jersey

Cincy'sMom
11-17-2003, 07:09 PM
I happen to know where Jo lives, and unless she took it in while she is away, where she keeps an extra key....hmmmmmmmmm. I even have a brother that only lives a few minutes from her.....oh the evil plans :)

All the cats picked are very cute, but I have another in mind for her not posted. It is a stray tux that lives by our dance studio. He(?) is a super sweet, friendly cat, about 1 yr old (at least it seems like we first saw him around as a kitten about a year ago). He seems okay with dogs too...he and Spot have sniffed a bit and the cat was too phased by Spot :) One of these times at the studio I'll have to try and get some pics..

Steffi N
11-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Number seven is adorable and is already named for my state,
Jersey. :)

Cincy'sMom
11-17-2003, 09:10 PM
Here's my vote for Jo's new cat...the stray (which is a she, not a he :) ) Sorry they aren't the best...sorta hard to get good pictures after dark.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pa0e5f14540ee644926204e27355cfd7e/fa8812c4.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p5726af542bc684f11ca289842ed425bc/fa8812c8.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p26a119512f21c7c41b42404f0069e649/fa8812ca.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pf25352c425d5143d38e7fde2c91d93d8/fa8812cd.jpg

wolfsoul
11-17-2003, 09:27 PM
#5 and #6 are my faves. Look at #6's big huge paws! :)

I like Montana! :D

shais_mom
11-17-2003, 10:47 PM
I like #5 and #7!
And I vote for
Kentucky or Montana or Carolina or Pennsylvania

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2003, 01:02 AM
I like 1,5, or 7 because of the cute stripes on their noses. :) I think that Penny, Jersey, or Louisiana would be good names. I also like the cat that Cincy'sMom posted and he looks like a Montana or Monty for short. :)

popcornbird
11-18-2003, 03:16 AM
Here's a nice tux for Catapillar! I found him on petfinder. He's in her city too! Here's Sam, from Cincinnati, OH. :p

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/OH185.1424217.jpg

Isn't he ADORABLE?

Oh........and I just thought of another name. Arkansas, or Arki! That's my friend's parakeet's name! :p

Cincy's mom.......you mean...she keeps a key hidden outside? :eek::eek: And she TOLD you about it? :eek::eek: Now Catapault.....that ISN'T safe........especially considering the fact that you have a bunch of PT'ers plotting to *add* to your herd in your absence. :o :o

Vio&Juni
11-18-2003, 05:02 AM
I love all of them, but especially Got Milk :D What a great name!

sasvermont
11-18-2003, 05:05 AM
I think it would be funny to put a new cat in her house. My guess is that the younger the cat, the more easily it would fit into the herd. She would never turn it down! So, based on my assumption that age counts, I vote for the kitten...l.oh my gosh, they are all kittens. Well, I vote for #7. I like the face!

What evil minds........hehehehehehehe:p :cool: :eek: :cool:

Edwina's Secretary
11-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Or she could name it Wyoming....Wy for short...."Wy, why did you break that vase!"

HayleyRosie
11-18-2003, 07:52 AM
I like #7 and I love the name Jersey.

Vio&Juni
11-18-2003, 09:13 AM
Or she could name it Wyoming....Wy for short...."Wy, why did you break that vase!"

LOL

Randi
11-18-2003, 09:23 AM
You crack me up too, Sara. :D

I love # 2, 4 and 7. :) The stray Cincy's mom posted is also adorable!

Can't decide about a name, but I like Penny and Michi. Here are the states:

Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Ontario
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

catmandu
11-18-2003, 09:32 AM
I like number 2 , and Allie , Alabamba !

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-18-2003, 11:25 AM

There you go again, Sara! Thanks for my morning chuckle. :D :D

And I change my vote! I'm now voting for this sweetheart!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p5726af542bc684f11ca289842ed425bc/fa8812c8.jpg

How could she turn her down!!!!??!!

shais_mom
11-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Oh Amy that's a gorgeous kitty!! I hope your allergies didn't go nutso!!
Remember she already has Georgia
Alabama, and Dakota (s) and her mom has a Nevada and Washington and Indiana!
:p :p ;) ;) ;)

Vermontcat
11-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Well, so far it looks like # 7 will be her new kitty.
She has the most votes but #1 and #6 are not too far behind.:D

Cincy's mom that kitty is so cute and would be easy to drop off at her house since she isn't in a shelter and you have a key!;)

Edwina's Secretary, I love U(tah) and wY(oming)! You are so funny!:D

jazzcat
11-18-2003, 03:08 PM
How did I miss this post.

Anyway, I think they are all adorable but I love the expressions on #5 and #6. They get my vote. Those ears on #6 are too cute along with that milktashe.

sasvermont
11-18-2003, 03:08 PM
I think it would be so funny - and yet serious too!

I rather like #7...and would call the little pumpkin Jersey!

Cincy'sMom
11-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat

Cincy's mom that kitty is so cute and would be easy to drop off at her house since she isn't in a shelter and you have a key!;)

No, I don't have a key :( I just was fortunate enough to get to have dinner with Johanna one night when I was in Cincinnati, and she used the spare key to let us in, so I saw where it was hidden...I wouldbe tempted to sneak that cat in, but it would be a 7 hour round trip.

However Jo, if you see this and are interested, my brother will be home for Turkey day and he does live just around the corner :)

Staci-my allergies are much better then when I was younger...kiteens don't bother me at all, and I can handle some cats, for short amounts of time as long as I wash my hands. I also do much better outside, then in the house where there is more hair in one spot.

Miss Meow
11-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
I think it would be so funny - and yet serious too!

I rather like #7...and would call the little pumpkin Jersey!

I checked Jo's profile and her birthday is on 1 December - might be a nice birthday present from all of us ... ;)

CamCamPup33
11-18-2003, 04:21 PM
# 4 #4 #4 #4!!!! AW!

NoahsMommy
11-18-2003, 10:56 PM
hee hee, what a funny thread! :)

I love little #7. I'd call him Cali(fornia). ;)

popcornbird
11-19-2003, 01:32 AM
I thought of another name. Oklahoma. She could call him OK for short, and then say.....OK, come here, OK? :p :D

Vermontcat
11-20-2003, 12:48 PM
Miss Meow, that is an excellent idea to have it be an early Birthday present!:D
It looks like the most people wanted Jersey to be Cataholic's new tuxie!
Here is the link to Jersey's petfinder page. She is a snuggler and a talker.:)
I think she will fit right in with the herd.
Jersey (http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2028554&adTarget=468catgeneral&SessionID=3fbd0baf73854cc6-app2&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=):D

PayItForward
11-20-2003, 01:13 PM
Ok, Where do you want us to send the Jersey Fund cheques ;)

RedHedd
11-22-2003, 12:42 AM
So is Cataholic back yet? Has she seen this <evil> plot to add to her cat collection?

popcornbird
11-22-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by RedHedd
So is Cataholic back yet? Has she seen this <evil> plot to add to her cat collection?

Nope. She's coming back in 2 days.

Lillycat
11-22-2003, 07:35 AM
only due to having the flu have i had the time the past few days to sneak-peek on pt. couldnt believe it when i saw these posts....i miss you guys and hope to be back "full-time" one of these days....maybe when i retire!!! it has been a riot taking care of johannas cats.......i have georgie and tex here at my little ole farmhouse and i run over to her house and care of the other four. they allllllll miss johanna.......never think another is the same for your loved ones......even tho i am granny h ........i am still not johanna. yes, you all have marvelous recall. i have indiana, nevada and washington. i sorta would like jersey also as i am from n.j. originally and still miss n.j. so much. i do return to cape may frequently, but it is never enough. perhaps i should retire there and have my family to visit all summer long.....hmmmm...but i would miss them soooo much the rest of the year. its never easy is it? i think folks, you might check w/binx first......he might think he wants to be the baby for awhile longer.....thanx for doing this, i know johanna will love it. happy thanksgiving to all who participate!!! lillycat

Vermontcat
11-22-2003, 09:02 AM
Lillycat, I am so glad that you found this thread!:)
I am glad to hear that Cataholic's herd is doing well other than missing her.
It sounds like maybe you would be interested in adopting Jersey if Cataholic decides not to. She would fit in nicely with your states too!:);)

popcornbird
11-22-2003, 09:07 AM
So glad to hear Cataholic's tux herd is doing ok! Of course they're missing their mommy, but I'm certain their grandma's taking the best possible care of them! They don't have to wait too long for their mom to return now! :D

Ramona
11-22-2003, 09:11 AM
I too, say TAKE EM ALL! So hard to pick since they all need homes. So, I would have to say, take the oldest or sickest--whichever is the hardest to place and name her Penny for Pennsylvania.

But...............since I am new here yet, I don't really know what in the heck is going on. I am assuming it's a game to see who has the most cats. Whats the current number at anyway?

Cinder & Smoke
11-22-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Lillycat
... I think folks, you might check w/ Binx first...

He might think he wants to be the baby for awhile longer...

NUTZ! :p

She dint zaktly say she wuz gonna leave da frunt door opin... :(

Binxy kan still be da Babie...
long az da Kitty iz a lil ober a year old! ;)

Maybee we otta find a lil Puppie Dawg, too...
long az we're :rolleyes: shoppin round ~
Da Binx wuld LUV havin a nudder Dawggie ta romp wiff! :D

smokey the elder
11-23-2003, 08:12 AM
I have one for her. An 8 month old foster named Boots. He's a brat, but so affectionate.

Vermontcat
11-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
NUTZ! :p

She dint zaktly say she wuz gonna leave da frunt door opin... :(

Binxy kan still be da Babie...
long az da Kitty iz a lil ober a year old! ;)

Maybee we otta find a lil Puppie Dawg, too...
long az we're :rolleyes: shoppin round ~
Da Binx wuld LUV havin a nudder Dawggie ta romp wiff! :D

Maybe you're right. Maybe we should start a thread in Dog General to find Binx a dog buddy too!:D

Cataholic aren't you back yet?:p

AmberLee
11-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Do you get the feeling it will be a looooong time before she tells us she's going on holiday again?

*evil grin going here*

popcornbird
11-24-2003, 12:40 AM
Catapillar........WHERE ARE YOU?!?! :p

Cataholic
11-24-2003, 08:58 AM
First, I love you all and missed everyone soooo much!!!

Second, Vermontcat...I see some 'fun' in your future, stay tuned! :D

Third, well, I HAD planned on adopting my neighbor's cat....the plan was after I returned, I would make the transistion from their home to mine. BUT, there is a small chance that the neighbor wants to keep the little blackie....she (?) is ALL black, and would be youngest in the household.....

I will have to see what happens next store.

Thanks for such a great thread, and making me feel like I wasn't completely forgotten about whilst I was away.

Vacations are fun, but, as Dorothy says......'there's no place like (PT)home.......'

2kitties
11-24-2003, 10:37 AM
She's Back!!!
She's Back!!!
She's Back!!!
She's Back!!!
She's Back!!!
She's Back!!!
She's Back!!!
She's Back!!!
She's Back!!!

Vermontcat
11-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
First, I love you all and missed everyone soooo much!!!

Second, Vermontcat...I see some 'fun' in your future, stay tuned! :D

Third, well, I HAD planned on adopting my neighbor's cat....the plan was after I returned, I would make the transistion from their home to mine. BUT, there is a small chance that the neighbor wants to keep the little blackie....she (?) is ALL black, and would be youngest in the household.....

I will have to see what happens next store.

Thanks for such a great thread, and making me feel like I wasn't completely forgotten about whilst I was away.

Vacations are fun, but, as Dorothy says......'there's no place like (PT)home.......'
:D Yes you were missed.
I'm not worried about you being mad at me since you already said that in a PM you sent me before you went on vacation.
You were a bit disappointed that my new tux twins were gerbils instead of cats.:) :p
But I was right that you were ready for a new cat!
I remember you saying something in the past about when Minnie was not hiding all the time that you would consider another cat.:D
So please tell us all about the neighbor's cat.

And what was it you said in another thread about a boyfriend for you?????? You must tell us everything!!!!!!!:D

P.S. FUN!? I like fun!:D

Cataholic
11-24-2003, 03:30 PM
Hey, thats right! I am mad at you, aren't I? For your gerbil twins....how quickly I forget.

My BF? Wouldn't he faint if he knew I was talking about him on the internet? He has already seemed to comprehend about PT...he he he. He called me awhile ago, and asked me what I was doing..and I said I was on the internet, and hadn't gotten a thing done yet. He said, "on pet talk?"

Let's see...he is a youngin, only 29...I am 8.5 years older than him. He owns his own business, home remodeling/construction. His name is Travis, and he is a country boy. I am pretty citified, so, it is an interesting mix. The only flannels I own are pjs! He has shirts made of the stuff. He is very, very nice, caring, loves animals, has a daughter who is 8, she is adorable. Things are still very new....but, we shall see, we shall see.

captain
11-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Ooooooo Johanna got a BF ........ and a youngin!!!

Congrats and you GO GIRL!!!!

carole
11-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Ah I just love hearing about romance, cataholic he sounds a real sweetie, hope it all works out with you and Travis, WOW thats a real country boy name isn't it?

Vio&Juni
11-26-2003, 04:51 AM
Oh, Johanna has a BF!!!

I know how you feel! Same here :)

Cincy'sMom
11-27-2003, 09:42 AM
A Boyfriend!!! Cool!!! 29 is a good age ( Ralph's 29)....and a country boy awesome!!! Does he have a cowboy hat and boots to go with the flannel? Tha's my favorite combo ;)