PDA

View Full Version : Immediate help needed in Pennsylvania

Logan
11-15-2001, 08:28 AM
I'm cross posting this from a post over at Golden Retriever. It appears that it is in Greene County, PA

The Greene County Humane Society is closing their large dog shelter due to mine subsidence. They need to place all their large dogs by Friday, November 16,2001. Any dogs remaining will be euthanized. If you can help in any way,please contact them by calling 724-627-9988.

For directions to the shelter and/or more info, contact:

Terry Onufer 724-625-2345 or email: [email protected]. Terry has also volunteered to help transport any dogs you find homes for if you cannot do it. 12 dogs need placement. Thanks for any help you can give even if it is just passing this message on to others.

P.S the website for greene co.humane society is: http://www.greenepa.net/~humane/dogs.html

[ November 15, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-15-2001, 10:21 AM
I just e-mailed Terry to see if there's any way I can help.

Logan
11-15-2001, 12:18 PM
Thank you, Jessica. I wish I were closer, I'd try to do something too!

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-15-2001, 12:46 PM
I do not know what I can do to help. But I will try and find a way. Maybe they can bring one down to the shelter here?

[ November 15, 2001: Message edited by: Souraya ]

aly
11-15-2001, 01:42 PM
If anyone from PA was willing to transport all the way to Texas, my shelter could take them in. I'll email them. I would HATE to see those dogs have to be euthanized.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-15-2001, 02:50 PM
FYI: I just got an e-mail back from Terry, who says that all the dogs "are in good shape."
Yay! Whew! :D

aly
11-15-2001, 02:55 PM
Got the same mail... weeeee!

Logan
11-15-2001, 10:25 PM
That is good news!! Thanks for the update, girls!! :D :D :D I knew I could count on you! :)

Sudilar
11-15-2001, 10:30 PM
Whew is right!!

Karen
11-15-2001, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by 3-greys-and-a-mutt:
<STRONG>FYI: I just got an e-mail back from Terry, who says that all the dogs "are in good shape."
Yay! Whew! :D</STRONG>

But what does that mean? Are they healthy dogs, or does she mean all the dogs have been moved to a safe place, and none are in danger of euthanization?

purrley
11-16-2001, 07:12 AM
My thoughts too Karen - are these doggies really OK???

AdoreMyDogs
11-16-2001, 08:16 AM
I called as soon as I read this post yesterday, left a message and told them that I would be able to transport a dog or cat if they needed. I hope since I didn't get a call back yet that it means they were able to find homes or foster homes for their dogs.....I sure do hope so, anyway.

Logan
11-16-2001, 08:42 AM
Surely, since they were looking for help, then it must mean that all the dogs are in "good shape" and headed either to a different shelter, or have been adopted. Can't imagine that this Terry would have meant it any other way since they were asking for help. Fingers crossed and prayers for all those big babies. :)

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-16-2001, 09:10 AM
Here is the text of my e-mail and the response back from Terry. It sounded to me like the dogs will not be euthanized.

"Jess, I think they are in good shape.
Terry
Jessica Tack wrote:

Terry:My name is Jessica Tack, and I read this message on a Pet Bulletin Board from Logan (who has Honey and Lilly): "I'm cross posting this from a post over at Golden Retriever. It appears that it is in Greene County, PAThe Greene County Humane Society is closing their large dog shelter due to mine subsidence. They need to place all their large dogs by Friday, November 16,2001. Any dogs remaining will be euthanized. If you can help in any way,please contact them by calling 724-627-9988. For directions to the shelter and/or more info, contact: Terry Onufer 724-625-2345 or email: [email protected]. Terry has also volunteered to help transport any dogs you find homes for if you cannot do it. 12 dogs need placement. Thanks for any help you can give even if it is just passing this message on to others." Have you had any luck in finding permanent or foster homes for these dogs? I live in Toledo, and there is no way that I can make a road trip in the next day, but I hate to see any of these dogs die. If there is still dogs that need temporary placement, I will talk to my husband.-Jessica"