PDA

View Full Version : Love bites

Sirrahsim
11-17-2003, 12:50 AM
Sometimes when Boomer is feeling extremely affectionate and I'm petting his belly or rubbing his back, He will stop, stare at my face, put his teeth gently around my hand, hold on for a second, and then let go. He only does this when his motor is really going and he is really enjoying getting attention. Do any of your cats do that? When he does it, it looks like he's biting me, but he doesn't use but a tiny bit of pressure. It's almost to say "I love you meowmie, keep petting me" or something:D

jenluckenbach
11-17-2003, 05:58 AM
My RB cat Y.Lee did that. His favorite places to love bite you were on your chin (preffered by me) or your nose (could be a little painful);)
I recall one time when sweet Y.Lee needed to stay over at the vet's. I went to visit him (and I have NEVER seen a cat more happy to see a person than Y.Lee that day). He was in a cage at eye level, so I could open the door and put my head right in the cage with him. He gave me a love bite on the nose but instead of his teeth being on the larger part of the nose the lower canines actually went INTO my nostrils. OUCH And the worse part was, when his teeth would be on the larger part of the nose his mouth would have been still opened and he would let go quickly. In this intsance his jaw closed all the way. This made it more comfortable (for HIM) and he did NOT let go right away. Well, the poor guy was sick and in the hospital, I couldn't very well yell at him, so I had to pry his jaw apart so he'd release me. double OUCH

CatDad
11-17-2003, 07:34 AM
Joey will bit me sometimes if I stop petting her. It may be the samething. I am not exactly sure why, maybe it is something maternal, carried over to adulthood

Jen your RB Y.Lee sounded like a marvelous boy. The story made my eyes water.:eek: You are right there was nothing to be done he was just happy to see you, and you could not yell at him.

sqwelch
11-17-2003, 07:39 AM
Bonnie will bite gently when she's lying on her back getting a good tummyrub, I think its her way of saying 'oooohhh thats good'. Again, theres no pressure to the bite just enough to hold your hand/finger. My boyfriend gets soo jealous as she doesn't do it to him at all :D

catnapper
11-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Pouncer will be getting loving, then take hold and gnaw on my fingers. He doesn't like it if you pull your fingers away. he wants to nibble for a while. You're right, no pain, just slight pressure. No pressure that is until he takes your finger front the front teeth and tries to use his molars!

Jen, I laughed when I read your story. I can just imagine trying to pry your nose free.:p

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Both Eddie and Edwina do this when being petted. However, yesterday Eddie got carried away. He had a grip on my hand, teeth sunk in, and was kneading the whole time. He didn't break the skin but left impressions! Hope that isn't how he nursed!

Kona & Oreo's mom
11-17-2003, 09:37 AM
Kona does this, too. She puts her teeth on your finger, but doesn't bite down. I wonder why they do this?

Isis_7
11-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Cody does something like that. He'll be licking my hand then he'll "bite" (also without pressure) for a few seconds and then start licking again. :confused: I have no idea why he does this. As long as he doesn't bite hard, I don't care.

amoore
11-17-2003, 11:01 AM
My cat lover boy has those love bits ! When i wear sandles around him he comes running up to me ( I beleive he has a weekness for toes ) and starts purring loudly and licks and nibbles my toes ! He doesn't hurt me , but i have tickelish feet ! :eek:
Sunny does the love bites too. when im sitting down sunny climbs upon my back and starts nibbling my hair and face ,purring loudly ! He doesn't hurt me at all .
I think Loverboy and Sunny are only expressing their love for me .
:)
I love all your storys of your cats ,expressions of love ! Cats are so wonderful !:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-18-2003, 06:33 AM
That's so cute! The first time I EVER picked Connor up at the shelter he gave me a love-bite on my chin - what can I say - It was "love at first bite"