PDA

View Full Version : especially for my aussie friends, congrats on the rugby

carole
11-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Well I just had to say it, CONGRATULATIONS Australia, you played well, and you did it, we bummed out again, the whole of NZ is in mourning, believe me folks NZer's take this real hard, (not me, as I am not into sport much) but a win would have been nice.

They say the economy suffers as well, because if we had won, people go on big spend ups, now they are just depressed and don't bother, I know its only a game, not to some here though.

Our boys will be hanging their heads in shame, I feel sorry for them, the NZ public can be so harsh at times.

Well its between AUS and ENG now, I am not sure who I want to win, may the best team WIN for sure.

So Captain, Miss Meow, Ittybittykitty and anyone else I have forgotten, your country could soon be the winners of the world cup, now won't that be a celebration.

GOOD LUCK., to both sides.:)

Miss Meow
11-16-2003, 06:15 PM
Carole, I'm sorry about your team losing. I really thought Saturday night's game was the true grand final - what a shame that Oz and NZ were in the same table of countries!

captain
11-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Carole,

I am DEVASTATED ............ as you know, I wanted NZ to feature this time. Even tho I am an Aussie ........

BUT Aussie played out of their skins - I have not seem them play that well for about 12 months!!!!

:rolleyes: SIGH :rolleyes: - Yes, I know how badly NZ take it. I was in Hamilton in 1999 when NZ lost to France ........

IttyBittyKitty
11-17-2003, 04:41 AM
OI OI OI!!!!

/couldn't resist

:D

lynnestankard
11-17-2003, 04:47 AM
ROFL!!

Beat me to it IBK!

I'm just amazed we beat France!!

Shame All Blacks - remember, it's only a game!!

Go Oz!!!:D :D

Lynne

carole
11-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Did you realise that one of the all blacks steven devine is an Aussie, how about that eh?

Hate to tell you this, but in NZ it is not ONLY A GAME, is for me, as I like us to win sure, but hey tis only a game in MO.

My son is so disgusted,(sports fanatic) he is seriously thinking of becoming an Aussie, lil traitor, he would like to play cricket for Aussie, he is pretty good too, plays for rep team and premier, he was going to move over there last year and do just that, but he changed his mind.

Now they are talking about whether to get rid of the coach, man if he had won , would be a different story, NZer's are so harsh on their sports people, they can be bad sports all round really.

Hey there Tamara, if we had won I would be rubbing your nose in it too lol, YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Wow Captain you were in my home town, I am from Hamilton City, yes well you would know all about it, its worse than if someone important died, when we lose the rugby eh?

Damn it though the all blacks should have won, nawtee boys.:) :D

Uabassoon
11-17-2003, 01:32 PM
I'm so upset that i can't watch the games here :(. I love rugby, but I rarely ever get to see any games here on the t.v. :(. I used to play on the womens rugby team here at college (but like most player I'm out because of an injury). But playing rugby was the most fun I've ever had, it's such a great sport.

Uabassoon
11-17-2003, 02:58 PM
I found this picture of my and some of my teammates before a game. I'm on the left hand side.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid33/p63e9302ec865dceace79415a2cefc1e4/fd3b1e8d.jpg

captain
11-17-2003, 04:09 PM
WADDYA MEAN "It's only a game"!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ubassoon - in the England v Aussie game, one of our front rowers ended up in hospital with no feeling from his neck down! So, I can say I am pretty glad you are out injured and not playing anymore - if you know what I mean!!!

He is OK now, has all feeling back, and is still under going scans, etc, but his rugby career is over .......

Soledad
11-17-2003, 04:13 PM
Carole, Sam had his mother call him with the result. She rang at around four or five in the morning and he was absolutely gutted. It was as if someone in the family had died. Silly people!!:rolleyes: :p

Uabassoon
11-17-2003, 04:32 PM
front rowers ended up in hospital with no feeling from his neck down!

That's such a dangerous position to play, I played front row I was a prop. I have some back and neck problems, but I'm lucky it wasn't anything too serious.

carole
11-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Soledad, I can just imagine the look on his face when he got the news, not being a sports fan I have never really understood how everyone gets so upset, I mean sure I would have liked the All Blacks to win, especially against our rivals Aussie, but I AM OVER IT truely.:)