I am awestruck!!!
http://www.gsdrescue1.org/tessa.htm

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

aly
11-12-2001, 10:22 PM
Absolutely gorgeous :)

sammi
11-12-2001, 10:53 PM
About everything you would want in a dog! And very cute.

delidog
11-13-2001, 04:47 AM
tessa is beautiful!!!!!did you rescue her??? the deli dog

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: delidog ]

AdoreMyDogs
11-13-2001, 06:01 AM
Wow! Sue, your sure know how to pick 'em! Tessa looks like she may be from 100% German bloodlines, as opposed to the American bloodlines. Look at that large boned body. I was just watching "Breed All About It" on Animal Planet yesterday and it was all about the GSD. Such stunning animals!

jackiesdaisy1935
11-13-2001, 09:27 AM
Tessa is one beautiful, gorgeous dog.
Jackie

lizbud
11-13-2001, 09:34 AM
Sue,
Tessa is absolutely gorgeous!!!After I
read her Bio., just wondered why in the world
such a well trained,socialized, beautiful
girl like this came into a rescue situation..

purrley
11-13-2001, 09:35 AM
OH MY :eek: I just lost my breath when I took a look at her - what a stunning and breath taking dog - you must be so very proud of her - people must do double takes when they see her.

Tessa is the most beautiful German Shepard I have ever seen!!!!!

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: purrley ]

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-13-2001, 10:01 AM
Sue, did you rescue Tess? She is beautiful. She reminds me of Lily, the GSD I almost rescued!

Dixieland Dancer
11-13-2001, 10:46 AM
OMG I was taken back by Tessa's absolute beauty! Did you rescue her? I can't imagine her being in the rescue stage very long with her beauty and brains.

She is definitely the most beautiful GSD I have ever seen! Let us know more about her!

wolflady
11-13-2001, 11:23 AM
Sudilar, Tessa is absolutely gorgeous!!! Oh no!! Now I'm wanting a GSD! If I were living back in the midwest, I would drive up there and adopt her myself!!! I'm still in the 'research' stage of planning for getting a dog. I'm really thinking about adopting a greyhound, but I've always loved GSDs too! There is a GSD rescue up in San Fran, and I'm on their website all the time looking at all the gorgeous dogs there!!! Oh!!!! She makes me want one now!!! She's gorgeous!! Are you going to adopt her??? :D :D :D hint, hint... ;)

aly
11-13-2001, 11:29 AM
Yes Sue, you really need to adopt her before I do. I have always planned on having a rescue GSD someday, and she is absolutely the one I would choose. The only problem is I need a house first, grrrr.

What else could you want from a dog that she doesn't have? Whoever gave her up is sick in the head.

purrley
11-13-2001, 11:58 AM
I'm sorry - I just had to post again - honestly I can't stop thinking about this beauty - I just can't imagine this stunning creature being in need of rescue. I'm a cat person, but this dog has made an impression on me that can't be described - I'd give anything to have her ;)

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-13-2001, 12:01 PM
GSD's are so noble and beatiful, and Tessa is certainly no exception! I just want to throw my arms around her and cuddle that strong, fuzzy body!
I grew up with my grandparents' GSD/Collie mix, and the look of GSD's has always struck a chord with me!

(I work with a person named Tessa, so I kept giggling as I read this thread!)

AdoreMyDogs
11-13-2001, 01:05 PM
I wonder why on earth that most stunning GSD is in need of rescue. It looks like she was expensive...I mean, just LOOK at her! I wonder if it has something to do with an alergy that is the cause of this, or if it is due to an unexpected move, or some reason beyond her owners' control. I can't imagine any other reason for a dog like Tessa to be rehomed. She's PERFECT! I hope that when I am in the market for another dog, I can find one JUST LIKE HER! I have absolutely no doubt that she will have a home in no time. Wish it was with me. I'd have to put a bell on my front door for her :)

lizbud
11-13-2001, 02:06 PM
Purrley,
Tessa's bio.says she gets along with both
cats & dogs. Hint. Hint.
Really she could have been turned over to
rescue because of illness or death in her
human's family. Or other things totally out
of their control.She has Perfect looks & is
intelligent, trained and a fun loving girl.
Somebody better act fast to snatch this
combo of beauty & brains...

Logan
11-13-2001, 02:09 PM
Wow!!! :eek: Sue, she is gorgeous!!! I'm with Lizbud. If she's as good as she looks and sounds, something horrible must have happened for her to be in rescue. I hope she has already found a new home. :)

purrley
11-13-2001, 02:48 PM
Oh Geez Lizbud - how'd I'd love go to Chicago and get her -if I just had the money, I'd fly out there and get her tomorrow - I'll bet you she's gone to a good home already. Sigh - I've never seen such a gorgeous animal in my life!!!!! I just pray she'll be happy with whomever is the luckist one to get her and pray she'll be treated like a royal queen. I know I'd treat her that way.

mugsy
11-13-2001, 05:10 PM
What a regal looking dog!!! I wish we had room. I would love to have her. I, too, would be interested to know how she came into rescue. Sue, I hope that you can get her if she's not already got! Aly, you need to go get Dino...he needs a home too it sounds like. I wish I could take him, actually, what's one more Great Dane?

Sudilar
11-13-2001, 08:09 PM
No, I haven't adopted her. :( All the drop-dead gorgeous ones are female, it seems. I've been advised by Chicagoland GSD rescue that a male dog would be better in my home with Killian and Shiloh rather than another female. Shiloh is not very accepting of some other dogs. Remember the Willi saga? (sigh)

I had to post her picture. She is just so beautiful. She is at a GSD rescue, so that is good. She was just listed yesterday. Maybe her owner died? I'll bet she goes fast! It's a good thing that she is up north and I don't drive that much or else I'd be forced to go see her. Why would anyone not want her? :(

lizbud
11-13-2001, 08:31 PM
Sue,
With Tessa's looks,training and good
temperment (I agree) she probably will be
adopted pretty quickly...
Just wanted to remark about another dog
posted the same day.Her name is Shaarday..
She's a 13 yr old working Guide dog looking
for a nice retirement home. They say she is
in good health.
I thought that when Service dogs got older
they were kept on in the home,and a younger
dog was brought in. Guess that's not always
the case huh? Sure hope she gets rewarded
with a "forever home' too.

Sudilar
11-13-2001, 08:50 PM
Shaarday deserves to find a great home.

Phred
11-13-2001, 09:13 PM
Lizbud ~ A trained and working Guide Dog is supposed to be re-homed by the Guide Dog SCHOOL where she was trained. Someone should check with her vision impaired owner to see where she came from and then check in with that School or Agency. They never "abandon" :( one of their dogs!

A few years ago I was the "alternate Foster Dad" to "Willa", a Pilot Dogs of Columbus, Ohio, (Pilot Dogs, Inc (http://www.pilotdogs.org/)) puppy in training. A Firefighter's daughter raised her from a pup till she was about 14 months old. I pup-sat and helped with training when they had to go out of town or just needed a "break". She graduated from Pilot Dogs and was assigned to a blind fellow forever.

But, if she EVER had to be re-homed, Pilot Dogs would take care of everything - both the transportation and finding a home. Her breeder got the right of first refusal, then the Puppy Raiser family, then the Staff, and finally someone on the Pilot Dogs adoption waiting list. I was told that even a sick or disabled Guide Dog could find a new home without any problem.

PS: I fixed the Pilot Dogs, Inc Link :o.

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Phred ]

lizbud
11-14-2001, 02:54 PM
Phred,
Thanks for the update!!!I always believed
Trained Service dogs would be cared for
for their whole lifetime.
P.S. I clicked on the pilot link you gave
earlier to read about that program, and the
cutest picture of a Momma Kitty & Baby,
popped up... Is was just adorable.Probably
not what you intended, but loved the picture.
Thanks, Lizbud.

Phred
11-14-2001, 03:20 PM
Further update on Shaarday, the GSD Guide Dog looking for a retirement home...

I e-mailed her Rescue and got this reply:

"The place Shaarday came from in Michigan told the owners that they should find a place for the dog and that is why they contacted us! I was shocked to hear this because I assumed the training place should have something in place.

/s/ Marianne
GSR,INC"
http://www.gsdrescue1.org

Let's all hope they're successful in finding her a new, forever :) home.

lizbud
11-16-2001, 08:50 PM
Phred,
I wanted to thank you for sharing your info
about Shaarday.. I also e-mailed the GSD
rescue that day and got a similar message.
They said they would make sure she went to
only a very special person, and would do
everything possibe to "minimize her sadness"

The Pilot Dog program is an excellent
example of what just a core group of three
people can accomplish. Columbus should be
very proud of this school for Guide Dogs.

P.S. Could you please post the Mom & Baby
Kitty picture somewhere,or point me to where
you found it...Thanks so much. Liz.

Sudilar
11-23-2001, 05:52 PM
Hooray!!!!! Tessa's been adopted!!!! :) :)

Daisy's Mom
11-23-2001, 06:11 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! She definitely deserves it!

mugsy
11-25-2001, 03:03 PM
Cool Beans!!! She deserves (like all the others!) a great home. I hope she will be happy there forever.

yorkster
11-25-2001, 06:22 PM
Absolutely stunning!!!