PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Golden

Dixieland Dancer
11-07-2001, 01:54 PM
I am a part of the Greater Pittsburgh Golden Retriever Club. We also do Golden rescue. Yesterday we were notified of a 6 month old puppy that needs a new forever home.

I have found the perfect family but they are not sure they are the perfect family. Please pray that these two discover each other and get together! They will be getting together to see the pup this weekend.

The family that had this baby girl got her at 8 weeks and then decided after a couple months that "the kids" were not as excited as they thought they were going to be. The baby was ignored quite a bit and was by herself most of the time. At least the family realized they needed to find her a new home (about 4 months too late).

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-07-2001, 02:03 PM
I will be preying and hoping that the new family will just fall in love with the Golden and decide they can't live with her!

Keep us updated!

jackiesdaisy1935
11-07-2001, 04:13 PM
Dixie, you know once they see her, it will be love at first sight, but I will say a little prayer just in case. Good luck.
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
11-07-2001, 07:13 PM
Good point, Jackie! How could anyone say no to a Golden puppy!? But Daisy and I will pray for them anyway, just in case.

Dixieland Dancer
11-09-2001, 12:28 PM
The new possible family is going to meet the puppy this weekend. There are questions about if they can actually get the baby though since two days a week the pup would be crated for 7 hours. Hopefully something can be worked out.

Logan
11-09-2001, 01:38 PM
Oh, Dixie. I hope everything works out for this Golden Angel. I know this goes against many people's principles....but my girls were either gated in the kitchen or outdoors, as puppies, and they did fine! I know it depends on the neighborhood, the security of your home, etc., but if they are going to love her for all the other hours of the day, with the exception of two seven hour periods in a whole week, I can't imagine why they would be denied!

Let us know what happens......My goodness, I want every single one I hear about.

Logan

Dixieland Dancer
11-10-2001, 08:38 PM
YEAH! :D They are getting the rescue Golden. She is beautiful and her name is Maddie. They will be doing the "OFFICIAL" paper work on Monday. Another great home found for a neglected pup! :D :D :D :D

jackiesdaisy1935
11-10-2001, 08:48 PM
That's wonderful Dixie, I just love happy endings, especially for a pup to find a new home. Good Job!!!!!!
Jackie

Logan
11-10-2001, 09:38 PM
That is wonderful news!!!! I hope Maddie will settle into her forever home beautifully and live out her life comfortably there!! :D