PDA

View Full Version : *2003 Christmas Card List* Updates and Notices

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nomilynn
11-16-2003, 01:42 AM
Ok Folks!

One more thread to try to keep this organised.

As of November 15th, Tonya and I still need:
address for Kohola

I will be sending Neko an email that she can hopefully open/see.

I'm asking Karen to keep this sticky for people for the next little while, so we can get any stragglers/corrections/updates. PLEASE try to let us know about last minute changes/decisions/etc by Nov. 25th. Otherwise, it's getting too late and TOO stressful to ensure everyone is included! That's why this thread is here - a last chance for everyone to see it and participate!!! Don't Delay! Sign up today! :p

tikeyas_mom
11-16-2003, 01:44 AM
ok, I wont delay.

What is this post about again lol.

I am sooo blonde!!!!

lol

Nomilynn
11-16-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
ok, I wont delay.

What is this post about again lol.

I am sooo blonde!!!!

lol

Keep up, will ya :p We've only been working on this since before Halloween - or wait.. before OCTOBER!! :p

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34779&highlight=zippy

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37020

wolfsoul
11-16-2003, 01:46 AM
I wanna sign up!!! ...What's it for? Lol, I'm assuming it's a Christmas card exchange. Is that right? I'd pm you my address..

wolfsoul
11-16-2003, 01:48 AM
Oops, you posted just before me lol. I'll check out the addies. :p

shais_mom
11-16-2003, 01:49 AM
:rolleyes:

Nomilynn
11-16-2003, 01:52 AM
Remember, too, that this is a big expense. I just bought stamps for this exchange, and it was over $60. If you don't think you can afford to send to everyone on the list, don't sign up. If you want to just send to people you are close to, PM them for their addresses.

*not trying to insult anyone.. just trying to point out how expensive post can be, not to mention cards... there are over 60 people on this list!*

*EDIT* so far only 57 people on the list :p

shais_mom
11-16-2003, 01:53 AM
Very good thinking Nomilynn!
It is definately an expense that needs to be considered.

wolf_Q
11-16-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Remember, too, that this is a big expense. I just bought stamps for this exchange, and it was over $60. If you don't think you can afford to send to everyone on the list, don't sign up. If you want to just send to people you are close to, PM them for their addresses.

*not trying to insult anyone.. just trying to point out how expensive post can be, not to mention card... there are over 60 people on this list!*

Very good point Naomi. PLEASE only sign up if you are 100% positive you CAN send the cards and to EVERYONE. If you don't think you can afford to snail mail cards I believe there's also an email card list.

Cincy'sMom
11-16-2003, 01:56 AM

*not trying to insult anyone.. just trying to point out how expensive post can be, not to mention cards... there are over 60 people on this list!*

Very true!! In additon to postage I spent over $1/card fora photocard (although I have found a cheaper source this year...) It adds up fast though

wolfsoul
11-16-2003, 01:58 AM
I pmed you, and asked how much money I'd have to spend..Now I see lol. Well, I think I'll stay out of it. I just don't have alot of money. :( Sorry for the useless pm.

:rolleyes:
:confused: :(

Nomilynn
11-16-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I pmed you, and asked how much money I'd have to spend..Now I see lol. Well, I think I'll stay out of it. I just don't have alot of money. :( Sorry for the useless pm.

It wasn't useless at all, and I'm really glad you asked about it before jumping in :)

wolf_Q
11-16-2003, 02:02 AM

Aww, that's too bad. It's really a lot of fun. I hope we didn't scare you away, it just really *is* that expensive lol. Especially if you live outside of the US, as the majority of the people on the list are here.

zippy-kat
11-16-2003, 02:05 AM
Just a suggestion... why don't you two go together and split the cost?

slick
11-16-2003, 02:11 AM
I received the original PT list of 51 names plus an update of 3 names (1 of which was mine). Is there another update somewhere out there???

Nomilynn
11-16-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by slick
I received the original PT list of 51 names plus an update of 3 names (1 of which was mine). Is there another update somewhere out there???

A couple of addresses were just added tonight, and, like I said in the first post, we are still waiting on one. So, yes, there is an update, but it's not quite ready to go yet :)

wolfsoul
11-16-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Especially if you live outside of the US, as the majority of the people on the list are here.
That's true, I never thought of that. Would someone in Canada have to buy a different kind of stamp or something? Or are stamps here worth the same as there? Lol, I'm clueless.

I might sign up next year when I have a job and some money. :)

Just a suggestion... why don't you two go together and split the cost?
You mean Jynnelle and I? I could talk to her about it. I wonder if I can borrow (and never pay back..;) lol ) some money from my mom.

Nomilynn
11-16-2003, 02:15 AM
That's true, I never thought of that. Would someone in Canada have to buy a different kind of stamp or something? Or are stamps here worth the same as there? Lol, I'm clueless.

I might sign up next year when I have a job and some money. :)

You mean Jynnelle and I? I could talk to her about it. I wonder if I can borrow (and never pay back..;) lol ) some money from my mom.

To send to US - 65 cents
within Can - 48 cents
overseas - $1.25
(those are just Canadian prices)

tomkatzid
11-16-2003, 02:16 AM
I got the original list and one update, of 3 additions and 3 corrections.
will you be sending out a revised list of all the names on one list?
Katz

wolfsoul
11-16-2003, 02:20 AM
To send to US - 65 cents
within Can - 48 cents
overseas - $1.25
(those are just Canadian prices)
Yeesh that's expensive! :eek: Hows abouts next year I just send some cards to my Canadian brethren? ;)

zippy-kat
11-16-2003, 02:21 AM

You mean Jynnelle and I?
Yep, that's what I mean. :)

wolfsoul
11-16-2003, 02:24 AM
I'll talk to her about it...Sooo much money lol. :o

Nomilynn
11-16-2003, 02:26 AM
Katz (and everyone)- yes, we will send out a new, totally up to date and currant list on the 25th of November, the original deadline. The post offices say that to send overseas, cards should be sent on the first of Dec. I think this leaves enough time for everyone to catch the stragglers. If for whatever reason you can't possibly wait (ie you are going away, etc), PM me or Tonya and we'll do our best. But no promises.

It's been quite difficult to get this done sooner, so to keep sane, Tonya and I will send out a finalized list on the 25th of Nov!

So - stragglers - quit stragglin' and sign up! :)

tikeyas_mom
11-16-2003, 03:23 AM

:confused: :(

hey jordan why dont me and you pair up for this thing and send cards out :). I already sent in my info, me and you could split the coast!!!! what do ya say???

EDIT: I did send my info through a pm but deleted it incase jordan doesnt do this with me lol.

neko1
11-16-2003, 08:21 AM
I received the updated list, thank you!!!:D :D :D

Nomilynn
11-16-2003, 12:41 PM
ok everyone - I think we are gettin the loose ends tied up :)

Lut - glad to hear the list came through properly!
Michelle - I added Brian's name :)

Also - Kohola's addy will be blank until we hear back from her :)

Thanks everyone :)

wolfsoul
11-16-2003, 12:55 PM
hey jordan why dont me and you pair up for this thing and send cards out :). I already sent in my info, me and you could split the coast!!!! what do ya say???

I'll ask my mom. :) So, we would just send one card to each person that would be from both of us? And then people could send one card that would be both ours too? lol.

Kfamr
11-16-2003, 04:51 PM
Just wondering if I'm on the list? I sent Tonya my info.

tikeyas_mom
11-16-2003, 06:32 PM
I'll ask my mom. :) So, we would just send one card to each person that would be from both of us? And then people could send one card that would be both ours too? lol.

yeah we would both sign the cards !!! :) BUT we would both recieve our own cards from everyone eles.

Crikit
11-16-2003, 08:01 PM
yeah we would both sign the cards !!! :) BUT we would both recieve our own cards from everyone eles.

Um don't know about anyone else here but I personally would find that a little bit odd, getting only one card from the two of you and then having to send a card to each of you. If you do it together you would most likely have to pick an address to send it to and then you guys could split the cards up.

Kfamr
11-16-2003, 08:06 PM
I agree with Traci...

You guys would chose one address to put on the list, then whoever's address you chose, they could save up the cards for a day the both of you could open them together.

tikeyas_mom
11-16-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I agree with Traci...

You guys would chose one address to put on the list, then whoever's address you chose, they could save up the cards for a day the both of you could open them together.

I guess. I just know that personally I love getting mail lol. So if jordan wants to have the cards delivered to her house, I am not sure how it is going to work lol.

Kfamr
11-16-2003, 08:44 PM
You'll still recieve the mail, just not directly to your house.

wolfsoul
11-16-2003, 10:38 PM
We can have them be mailed to your house if you want Jynnelle lol. It will give me a reason to come over anyways. ;)

tikeyas_mom
11-16-2003, 11:40 PM
We can have them be mailed to your house if you want Jynnelle lol. It will give me a reason to come over anyways. ;)

haha ok :p

Nomilynn
11-17-2003, 12:02 AM
UPDATE!!

We have Kohola's address - woohoo! :) It, along with a few corrections and pet name additions (we can thank PayItForward for that!! ;)) will be sent out on the 25th when Tonya and I send out the finalized list. That still leaves lots of time for people to send out the last few cards!! :)

Also - Jynelle and Jordan, the sooner we get your decision, the better. If you guys decide to go in on this "together," you will also get cards together (ie one address). All in fairness, right? ;)

SAS - As said in the beginning, this list was made for people who wanted to send out cards to everyone who signed up. If you want to send to only a few people, please PM them and get their names! :) Again, it's all in fairness! (hopefully without the war!!) :D

wolfsoul
11-17-2003, 10:11 AM
My mom said no... :(

luckies4me
11-17-2003, 10:48 AM
Nomilynn, I just want to make sure you have everyone! Last year some people didn't put Dan's name on the cards and he felt a little left out so I want to make sure that everyone includes him this year.

So it should be Cass (me), Dan, and Dylan (my son).

For the rats you all can just put "the rats" lol as there are way too many to name, unless someone wants to try to fit everything on the card! :eek:

Then there are the kitties, which are Mystic, Cheetah, Ewok, and Houdini......just counting the ones that live here in the house.

Geicko the gecko
my two roaches
Speedy and Flower the hedgehogs
Lucy the hybernating Tortoise
Fred the house mouse
hrmm is that it? Ooh and my spiney mice Pip and Squeek! :D

And that's it! I can't wait to send my cards out. I am sending the over seas ones in a couple days, and the US ones around the first of December. :)

micki76
11-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Just a suggestion for next year. Maybe everyone could send the names of the people they want included on the cards when they send in their info. My cards are already ready to be sent out except for the picture I’m hoping to take and include. My cards were addressed to the people that we on the list sent by Tonya. Many people are going to get cards addressed exactly as on the list. I can redo some, but I really don’t want to go to the extra expense to purchase more cards and redo them. I have extras, but I was intending to use those for the stragglers. Please try to include everyone you want on the cards in when you send the info to the list coordinators next year, as redoing can make this an even more expensive thing for all of us.

This is just a suggestion for the future and I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-17-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by micki76
My cards were addressed to the people that we on the list sent by Tonya. Many people are going to get cards addressed exactly as on the list.

Addressed my cards last weekend and they were all addressed as was written on the list. And ok, so this is the first time I'm doing this....we include the pet names?

I won't be sending mine out until I get a few just to make sure I'm doing it "right." ;) :)

Oh, and I have to admit, that unless the husband/boyfriend is active on PT also, I found it a bit odd that their names were included on the list. I mean, they know that you're the one that's active here, and the card is really to the whole family anyway - inlcluding the furkids, so what's the big deal with who exactly the card is addressed to? Maybe I'm wrong here, and maybe there's something I'm missing because it's my first time but......:confused:

EssTer
11-17-2003, 11:50 AM
I don´t understand much about this, but maybe someone wants card from me? :rolleyes:

CamCamPup33
11-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by EssTer
I don´t understand much about this, but maybe someone wants card from me? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::confused: huh?

Barbara
11-17-2003, 12:10 PM
I have 28 cards adressed and written up to now and I have them addressed like they were in the list. But in the greetings part I only mentioned the husbands when I knew them.

And the same with the pets.

Filou and Tigris were sitting there and in some cases they wanted to add some headbumpies. But they were a little reluctant with dawgs they didn't know.

My husband won't feel left out if left out. He thinks (although he never said a word:D ) "She is crazy with that PT but I know already from years of experience that the (old) girl has to do what she has to do and so I don't waste my time and energy by telling her.":D :cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
My husband won't feel left out if left out. He thinks (although he never said a word:D ) "She is crazy with that PT but I know already from years of experience that the (old) girl has to do what she has to do and so I don't waste my time and energy by telling her.":D :cool:

Terry's thoughts exactly! ;) :D

micki76
11-17-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I won't be sending mine out until I get a few just to make sure I'm doing it "right." ;) :)

I don’t think there’s a “right” way to do it. Different people will do it differently. Do it your way and don’t worry about the “right” way. :D

luckies4me
11-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Just a suggestion for next year. Maybe everyone could send the names of the people they want included on the cards when they send in their info. My cards are already ready to be sent out except for the picture I’m hoping to take and include. My cards were addressed to the people that we on the list sent by Tonya. Many people are going to get cards addressed exactly as on the list. I can redo some, but I really don’t want to go to the extra expense to purchase more cards and redo them. I have extras, but I was intending to use those for the stragglers. Please try to include everyone you want on the cards in when you send the info to the list coordinators next year, as redoing can make this an even more expensive thing for all of us.

This is just a suggestion for the future and I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings.

I think I already had everyone when I sent my address anyway, I don't really care. :p But just wanted to let everyone know if they put the animals names that that is what they are, although I think I already did that. I know last year a LOT of people write the pet names, and it was fun. There was even a thing about who could wrote all of Jen's cats names on the card lol!:D

I don't think anyone would have you redo them, it's too much work. I am sure we will all be happy to just get a card! :D

luckies4me
11-17-2003, 12:51 PM

Oh, and I have to admit, that unless the husband/boyfriend is active on PT also, I found it a bit odd that their names were included on the list. I mean, they know that you're the one that's active here, and the card is really to the whole family anyway - inlcluding the furkids, so what's the big deal with who exactly the card is addressed to? Maybe I'm wrong here, and maybe there's something I'm missing because it's my first time but......:confused:

I think it's weird, a little uncomfortable actually that they don't include everyone, especially my son. I post pics of my son all the time, and to think they wouldn't write his name, or at least to the family or something like that makes me a little sad........but that's me and that's how I feel, but no biggy I guess. :o

It'd be like leaving a pet out.

zippy-kat
11-17-2003, 01:41 PM
In an earlier thread someone (I believe Sara luvs Her Tinky) asked for everyone to send the card information as they would like it to appear on the cards/envelopes. I thought everyone would act upon that suggestion, thus what you sent to me went directly to the list.

Nom's going to take over the list for a bit as I have finals coming up. However, we will both be sending out a new final list--it will not be a pdf file though.

luckies4me
11-17-2003, 01:43 PM
Well I like to put the PT person's name, and then "And Family", so if someone sent me a card it would be: To luckies4me and Family. I think that's the easiest thing. :p

Can't wait to get the final list and get my cards started. I still haven't started making them..........although I may opt for store bought cards this year. :o

Cincy'sMom
11-17-2003, 03:54 PM
I don't want this to sound as if I am directing this to anyone in particular, but I think the important thing to to send the cards out...try to include as many names as you can or know, or whatever, but send the cards :) And maybe more importantly be thankful to get the cards, not worry so much about a misspelling or an accidental oversight on a name.

Nomilynn
11-17-2003, 09:38 PM
Amy - I couldn't agree more :)

Cass, I added Dan and Dylan's names, and the pets names were already there.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-18-2003, 03:27 AM
Guys,

I am afraid that if you were on the original list then your card has already been signed and sealed, and is on the way to you! So if any pets/partners etc weren't included in the original list, then I'm sorry but they won't be in my cards either :(

I did make the first set of amendments:

KAK - your name and Sunnys are spelled correctly , and

Johanna (Cataholic) I DID change your postal code, so you should get yours!

I will be sending out the stragglers on the amended list from the 25th November.

Personally, taking the spirit of Christmas and the card-swop to heart, I don't mind if my name is miss-spelled, or other details are left off - it's the excitement of receiving great cards from all over the world that really counts for me!

Barbara
11-18-2003, 03:45 AM
Same here.

:)

I promise I'll be happy with any card. (Actually I'm hopping up and down in my chair because I think it's so much fun:) )

slick
11-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Same here.

I promise I'll be happy with any card. (Actually I'm hopping up and down in my chair because I think it's so much fun:) )
Me too!!! Honestly, how are we expected to know everyone's partner's names and their children??? This is pushing it as far as I'm concerned. My labels are all done and they are addressed exactly as per the list and if anyone takes offence of this, well, I'll just apologize and never participate again.

micki76
11-18-2003, 08:49 AM
My labels are all done and they are addressed exactly as per the list and if anyone takes offence of this, well, I'll just apologize and never participate again.

:p Not me! :p If someone takes offense, then maybe they shouldn't participate next year.

Nomilynn
11-18-2003, 09:48 AM
Don't stress about it! I'm with Micki.. if someone complains about it THEY can stay out of it next year :p

How about we all just focus on the fact that a WORLD WIDE network of people - most of whom we've never met or even talked to in real time - is sending us a token of friendship? Who cares if a name is spelled wrong, or a name is overlooked.. I think the fact that someone took the time and money to send a card from their own homes means a LOT. I mean, here are a bunch of strangers exchaning addresses on the internet and not really worrying about it.. where else online can that be done! :p

It's Christmas! Time to be greatful for what you have, not be upset about what was/might be missed! :D

slick
11-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Thanks Naomi, my thoughts exactly but I didn't want to say it. You know, there's always a risk of offending someone.

Would Richard be offended because I didn't include his Mother?? No.

Would Edwina's Sec be offended because I didn't include Basement Girl?? I think not.

If people are going to be all bent out of shape because of the way the envelope is addressed, then I say, get a life and don't sweat the small stuff. There's more important things to be worried about than that.

I chose to participate because I truly care about all of you, and that's all I got to say about that.

gini
11-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Well said Naomi and Slick!

Could I add my two cents and stop to give Naomi and Tonya a big

THANK YOU

for all of the trouble you have gone to for all of us?

Why would anyone complain about Christmas cards?

dukedogsmom
11-18-2003, 11:01 AM
I agree with Naomi and Slick as well. This is supposed to be a pleasant thing. What's up with people lately?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-18-2003, 11:41 AM
I agree with Naomi, Slick, Gini and Dukedogsmom! My points exactly! :D

And since Barbara is hopping up and down with excitement, just waiting for them to all start arriving, I'm going to do my level best to get at least the out-of-country ones done this weekend. :D

Kater
11-18-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by gini
Could I add my two cents and stop to give Naomi and Tonya a big

THANK YOU

for all of the trouble you have gone to for all of us?
It cannot be said enough!
Thanks so much Naomi & Tonya!!!! :D :D :D
I'm so very excited to be participating in the card swap this year! It has been a nice distraction from all the other things going on in my life...the moments when I can browse online looking at adorable doggy and kitty Christmas cards is very relaxing... ;)

SadiesDad
11-18-2003, 12:27 PM
I am looking forward to sending and receiving cards again this year... especially the ones from further away... my family visited and saw the cards "where is this from?" "Oh, from Austrailia/Germany/other exotic place like California." :D
I think it's a cool idea, but just one thing...

HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE SO ORGANIZED???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

We don't even have Thanksgiving plans set yet, not packed for our trip this Friday, and some of you have gotten, written, and even sent out Christmas cards!

Wow! I'd better get moving! :eek:

Also, Thanks to Naomi and Tonya for even more organization :D

luckies4me
11-18-2003, 04:00 PM
I feel as if most of these posts are directed towards me. I could really care less how they come, as long as they come! Now stop worrying about what other people think, me included and just send the cards! If they don't like it oh well, oh well for me if someone doesn't write Dylans name, who cares, just be happy you get one. I for one will be ECSTATIC to get a card, and if anyone doesn't want me to participate next year oh well, because I'll do it anyway. :p

Also no one is expected to know everyones name, that's just silly.

My point was that some people like to include everyone and it can be fun writing all the pets names down, so if anyone wants to write all my pets names down I gave them.

Cincy'sMom
11-18-2003, 04:22 PM
Don't stress about it! I'm with Micki.. if someone complains about it THEY can stay out of it next year :p

How about we all just focus on the fact that a WORLD WIDE network of people - most of whom we've never met or even talked to in real time - is sending us a token of friendship? Who cares if a name is spelled wrong, or a name is overlooked.. I think the fact that someone took the time and money to send a card from their own homes means a LOT. I mean, here are a bunch of strangers exchaning addresses on the internet and not really worrying about it.. where else online can that be done! :p

It's Christmas! Time to be greatful for what you have, not be upset about what was/might be missed! :D

Thanks Naomi. You took what I started trying to say and said it so much better!!!

And a HUGE THANK YOU to both Naomi and Tonya for all the work on the list!

Felicia's Mom
11-18-2003, 06:01 PM
I would also like to thank Naomi and Tonya for all the work they have done.:) :) :)

catland
11-18-2003, 06:21 PM
A couple of ideas for those concerned about the cost.

You could send postcards. Postage is a lot cheaper.

Also, if you think you'll want to do this next year, then shop the sales after this year and pick up cards at 75-90% off.

Lets not sweat the small stuff on how cards are addressed and whether or not the pets' names are included. Address your cards as you see fit. I included my husband's name in the list but if people want to leave it off we won't be offended.

lets all think about how wonderful this will be in a month when we each have sent and received so many wonderful cards.

and THANK YOU NAOMI AND TONYA FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK

RICHARD
11-18-2003, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catland
I included my husband's name in the list but if people want to leave it off we won't be offended.

[QUOTE]

But she DOES know where you live!!!;)

tikeyas_mom
11-18-2003, 07:12 PM
update!!!

I cant join in on the christmas fun this year. I have to get winter tires and it coats alot of money. :(:(......

Have fun guys.

dukedogsmom
11-18-2003, 07:23 PM
I really hope no one minds postcards. That's a great idea! Any idea where to get a ton of them? I was going to have to back out of this because I really had no idea how many people would be on it and I've got lots of things going on right now. I hate to say I can't do it when I've already committed myself to it. I just didn't want to offend anyone. Also, I had wanted special cards made. I called Kinko's today and it was going to be $89 :eek: So, that ruled out that idea. I'll have to save up for that for next year.

K9karen
11-18-2003, 07:52 PM
I don't want anyone to feel obligated to send me a card if they can't afford to, even though I'll be sending them out! I know that's not the point here, but I have addresses from years past. I'm not working, but I just LOVE sending cards and have already attempted a photo shoot w/Klo who is camera shy. Didn't do anything last year cause my dad died and I wasn't feeling particularily cheery, but I just can't wait to get started! You girls are just too much! I'm just trying to keep the pages in order and the revisions done! :rolleyes:

Kfamr
11-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Val -- When we get out Christmas things down (hopefully sometime this week) you can bring Duke over and I can do a "photoshoot" for him. My printer isn't the greatest, but it works. :)

Miss Meow
11-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I really hope no one minds postcards. That's a great idea! Any idea where to get a ton of them? ...

Free postcards, I have some ideas! Cheap souvenir shops can sell postcards for 10 cents each if you don't need Christmas-related postcards! Just write Happy Christmas on the back, and it's now a Christmas card :)

Do you have any hotels, motels or backpacker accommodation near your place? I don't know about the USA, but here, most places where people stay have display stands with FREE postcards with arty themes or political slogans (OK, you don't want the George Bush 'Give War a Chance' card on my wall but many are very nice). Take them!!! :D

captain
11-18-2003, 09:40 PM
My cards will be sent tomorrow ........... There are 3 Aussies on the board for the cards, so keep your eyes open for the 3 Kangaroo postmen ............ :D

When the updated list comes out, I will "hit" those I missed and post them out!!!

Ally - Thanks for being the FIRST card

Nomilynn
11-18-2003, 10:22 PM
aww.. you guys are all so nice!

I have to say that Tonya did most of the hard stuff. She put it all into a nice alphabetical list and everything.. so she deserves the most credit!

Cass.. I didn't address my post to anyone in particular. It was more related to the topic at hand. I didn't think you were "complaining" or anything like that :)

I can't wait to get started on mine - hopefully this week! :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2003, 11:25 PM
This will be my second year doing the Christmas card exchange and I can't wait. I had so much fun sending and receiving the cards from all over the world and U.S. last year. :D I don't care if you misspell my name, since most people do anyway, and if you forget my furkids names then that's okay too. I'll just be happy to get the cards.:)

Thanks again Tonya and Naomi for all of your hard work this year!!!:D

wolf_Q
11-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Ditto the thanks to Tonya and Naomi!! :D

I wasn't going to send my cards until around at least Dec. 5 or so.....maybe I'll send them Dec. 1st just in case. That means I have to get busy! :D

Cheshirekatt
11-18-2003, 11:51 PM
I also wanted to take a moment to thank Tonya and Naomi. You guys did a fabulous job and deserve a huge pat on the back!

Don't worry about hurting my feelings if my name is misspelled or any pets forgotten, etc. :) I just loooooove getting mail and especially cards!

I did all mine in one huge session so there may be the occational missed name, spelling errors and those types of things. Oh and let's not forget the corners of the envelopes that Tigerlily decided to 'modify'!

dukedogsmom
11-19-2003, 09:31 AM
I've found a wonderful solution!! I have some beautiful computer paper at home that I can take to Staples to have a greeting printed on. It's only going to cost me .14 cents a page and I can even get a pic of Duke on it. So, I can handle the postage, hopefully :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Oh and let's not forget the corners of the envelopes that Tigerlily decided to 'modify'!

Oh my! How much more "personalized" can you get?!? I hope I get a "modified" one. :D :D

lovemyshiba
11-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Oh my! How much more "personalized" can you get?!? I hope I get a "modified" one. :D :D

me too!!!!

captain
11-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Modified cards ......... did someone mention modifying cards to my Jo-Bird???? :eek: :p

She ALMOST got her little (BIG) beak on them, but I whisked them away .......... and into the post this morning. Keep your eyes peeled my international friends!

Cannot wait for them to start arriving. My little post office is going to have to work overtime!

Kfamr
11-19-2003, 11:50 PM
I want to add to the "Thank Yous".....

Thanks Naomi for sending the list to me... just check my mail and saw it.

And thanks to the both of you for putting it all together.:)

anna_66
11-20-2003, 08:19 AM
I want to add to the "Thank Yous".....
Same here! Thanks so much for going to all this work.

Now with that said, I have one question.....

Will the list being sent out on the 25th have everyone's address?
Just want to make sure I don't miss anyone!!!

Nomilynn
11-20-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
Same here! Thanks so much for going to all this work.

Now with that said, I have one question.....

Will the list being sent out on the 25th have everyone's address?
Just want to make sure I don't miss anyone!!!

It will be the COMPLETE list, as we have received it. If people still haven't signed up after this thread has been announced for two weeks, then I guess they aren't going to! :p

Russian Blue
11-20-2003, 09:27 AM
I * really *wanted to participate this year, but unfortunately my bank account doesn't allow me! :( Enjoy all the cards everyone and I hope to participate next year!

;)

anna_66
11-20-2003, 02:19 PM
It will be the COMPLETE list, as we have received it. If people still haven't signed up after this thread has been announced for two weeks, then I guess they aren't going to! :p

Kfamr
11-20-2003, 02:57 PM
Simba & Nala, my wonderful models, just got done with our Christmas Photoshoot. ;) I'll be doing the cards this weekend & all next week (since I have off school.)

ChrisH
11-20-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
I * really *wanted to participate this year, but unfortunately my bank account doesn't allow me! :( Enjoy all the cards everyone and I hope to participate next year!
Same here.

Cheshirekatt
11-20-2003, 06:06 PM
I was actually surprised at how little it cost to send them! :)

All the ones to the states were 37 cents, the ones to Canada were 60 cents and all the others were 80 cents. :)

neko1
11-20-2003, 06:47 PM
Just did the "photo shoot" with the furkids, Needless to say that everyone will be getting a mini-picture of 4 EXTREMELY unhappy kitties, NONE of which are looking at the camera! (but they are so cute anyway!!)

Felicia's Mom
11-20-2003, 09:29 PM
All my cards are ready to go. Those to Canada and overseas

were mailed yesterday. The rest will be mailed after

Thanksgiving.

There were exactly enough cards, so stragglers will get extra

cards from last year.

Kfamr
11-21-2003, 12:58 AM
My cards aren't read to go yet. :(

I went to print them out tonight but somethings wrong with my cartridge (that was JUST bought) and it leaves red blotches everywhere. So we'll have to get a new one this weekend.

tomkatzid
11-21-2003, 03:00 AM
I have NO cards, No pictures and NO plans, yet..............

Hopefully something will come to me.
Katz

anna_66
11-21-2003, 07:32 AM
Mine are finally done! All I have to do now is send them out. Hope you all like your card:D

krazyaboutkatz
11-21-2003, 11:17 AM
I'm way behind. I plan on making my cards this weekend and then if all goes well I'll be able to start printing and mailing them after the Thanksgiving weekend holiday. :)

luckies4me
11-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Ditto on the thank you's! You both have done a fantastic job! ;)

As for my cards, I will be buying ones this year. Sorry about being so cheap. :o But I thought I would take a pic of the kitter cats with the hedgies and send that along as well. :)

I will be sending some out this weekend but some of the US ones may not be sent til the 15th..........so sorry.

anna_66
11-21-2003, 01:28 PM
I tried to buy stamps supplies and everything a little at a time that way it didn't seem like I was spending so much at once. So now all I have to do is pay to send the overseas ones and that's it!

catland
11-21-2003, 05:47 PM
:eek: :eek: I haven't even started yet:eek: :eek: :eek:

Cheshirekatt
11-21-2003, 05:52 PM
Mine are all sent! Yay for me.

lololololol

And keep an eye out for those lucky few who got the 'modified by little kitty teeth' ones by Tigerlily!

jenfer
11-21-2003, 08:03 PM
I have received my first card. :D However, I haven't start mine yet. :o :o

slick
11-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Mine are all sent! Yay for me.
lololololol
And keep an eye out for those lucky few who got the 'modified by little kitty teeth' ones by Tigerlily!
I got your's today!!!!!:) :) :) Thank you, thank you. It's got the Rudolph on the front from one of my favourite TV Christmas specials.

No teeth marks but I showed it to Max & Speckles and they both had a good sniff so I'm sure Tigerlily is on there somewhere.:D :D

I'm waiting until I get the finalized list on the 25th, then I'll print out the labels I'm missing and get them in the mail right after that.

Cheshirekatt
11-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Yay, you got it! :D

Rudolph is one of my favorites, too. I also like the Year Without A Santa Claus show, but I haven't seen cards for that one, yet.

slick
11-21-2003, 10:29 PM
The one thing about Christmastime that I love soooo much is the TV specials, especially the animated ones.

I just sit in front of the TV with a box of kleenex and veg out. Do you remember the land of misfit toys - was that from Year without Santa??? When the toys are sad because no one is coming to pick them up, I just sit and cry like a baby. I'm such a sap...

Cheshirekatt
11-21-2003, 10:32 PM
The one thing about Christmastime that I love soooo much is the TV specials, especially the animated ones.

I just sit in front of the TV with a box of kleenex and veg out. Do you remember the land of misfit toys - was that from Year without Santa??? When the toys are sad because no one is coming to pick them up, I just sit and cry like a baby. I'm such a sap...

I think the misfit toys are from Rudolph. And that show also has the Bumble and Yukon Cornelius! I love them!

The one that always made me cry was Nestor the Long Eared Donkey. :(

dukedogsmom
11-22-2003, 06:32 PM
I just got my first card from Cheshirecat. I won't be mailing until probably a week after Thanksgiving so please don't think I forgot you! Also, I only received one email update and that was weeks ago. Should I be worried?

gini
11-22-2003, 08:35 PM
I received Captain's card today and I got so excited. It made me realize what a fun thing we are doing.

My cards won't go out for a while, and I am afraid they will be "store-bought" this year so please forgive me.

Captain, huge thanks, it was so much fun getting your card today.

anna_66
11-22-2003, 09:48 PM
I also got Cheshirecat's card today:D Thank you!!!

K9karen
11-22-2003, 11:07 PM
Photos almost done...I also wait til after Thanksgiving to mail them out..seems more Christmasy that way.

Barbara
11-23-2003, 08:09 AM
All my overseas cards are on their way. I will wait with Europe till December.

Now I have a little more space on my desk. It was chaos because I had decided I would craft everything myself:rolleyes: :cool:

captain
11-23-2003, 04:18 PM
I received Captain's card today - WOW :eek:

Gini, I posted those cards on WEDNESDAY (or THURSDAY) in Melbourne!!!!!!! What date was on the card??

Captain, huge thanks, it was so much fun getting your card today. - My absolute pleasure!!!!!

My cards were store bought too, ........ but "specialised" ....... you will see what I mean!!! :D

Soooooo looking forward to receiving them all ................

tomkatzid
11-23-2003, 06:33 PM
OK, I made them today. But need paper for the insides. Guess the stores are closed now that I would need to go to, so tomorrow night after work I'll look for some.
Getting Kat's card , Joxer's Mom , made me want to send mine too. Your's is our first card Jeanine. Thanks so much. Now we have to clear a place to start putting them. I am sooooooo excited. This will be the most cards we have ever gotten:D
How come every store isn't open 24/7, I can't wait till tomorrow night to get my paper.:(

Katz

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2003, 11:48 PM
I've finished creating the picture and inside greeting message so now all I have to do is print them out. I'm planning on doing it during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend since I have 4 days off. I'll definitely mail all of the overseas cards by Dec.1st and the rest by Dec. 8th if not sooner.:) This is so much fun!:D

lynnestankard
11-24-2003, 04:00 AM
What a lovely day!

Just received lovely cards from Felicia'sMom and Captain - many thanks to you both.

I'm still upto my eyebrows in glue and 'stuff' - getting there slowly!:D

Isn't this so much fun?

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-24-2003, 11:31 AM
I received Captain's card today and I got so excited.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wait until I tell my mom.....

My mom lives near Green Bay, WI. I live in the Southwest suburbs of Chicago. It takes longer for her mail to get to me than it took for Captains card to get to Gini!!!!

Something has to be wrong with this system. :rolleyes: :D

Barbara
11-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Cheshirekatts card arrived today -and what a cute one:)

HayleyRosie
11-24-2003, 12:49 PM
I can't wait to get my first card! Mine will hopefully be in the mail by the end of the week. The ones going overseas will for sure.

RICHARD
11-24-2003, 01:45 PM
Here is one to help get ready for the season:

A woman goes to the post office to buy stamps for her Christmas cards.

She says to the clerk, "May I have 50 Christmas stamps?"

The clerk says, "What denomination?"

The woman says, "God help us. Has it come to this? Give me 6 Catholic, 12 Presbyterian, 10 Lutheran and 22 Baptists."

anna_66
11-24-2003, 01:47 PM
LOL Richard:D

I received captains card today, it was beautiful!
Thanks ever so much Michelle!

lynnestankard
11-24-2003, 02:31 PM
ROFLMAO!!!

Thanks Richard!

Lynne

captain
11-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Lut,

Jasper was not on the list .......... :( So he won't be mentioned on my card either ........

Merry Christmas Jasper ......... Lut, stick this inside the card I sent!!!!!

Don't want him to feel left out!

RICHARD
11-24-2003, 04:43 PM
thanks Captain,

I got your card on Saturday...

The first AND farthest so far!!!!

Thank you!

captain
11-24-2003, 05:06 PM
I still cannot believe you guys have got my cards already ....:eek:

I am so used to sending to South Africa (which takes minimum 3 weeks!!!)

RICHARD - thanks for your humour, always!
Now , bring me a drink ............... :D

RICHARD
11-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by captain
I still cannot believe you guys have got my cards already ....:eek:

I am so used to sending to South Africa (which takes minimum 3 weeks!!!)

RICHARD - thanks for your humour, always!
Now , bring me a drink ............... :D

my pleasure!!!

micki76
11-24-2003, 06:45 PM
If you can, please take me off the list. Thank You.

So, now that cards have been made and many sent, you want off the list?

:confused:

neko1
11-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Just got 3 cards today, they made me so happy!!!! Thank you all for getting me into the Christmas spirit!!!:D

Kfamr
11-24-2003, 08:00 PM
So, now that cards have been made and many sent, you want off the list?

:confused:

That's not how it is at all.

I just didn't feel good at all today, and a few people from here made me feel worse. I was just going to say forget it, forget PT, but why? Just so those few people that chose to be rude to me, can feel better after I leave?

Nope. Not going to happen. I'll just have to cry it off from now on, and then forget aobut it later.

Felicia's Mom
11-24-2003, 08:03 PM
I am in the Christmas Spirit now!

Cards came today from Cheshirekatt and Captain. Thanks to both of you.

I'm not going to post everytime a card comes. But these were my first ones.:)

micki76
11-24-2003, 08:10 PM
That's not how it is at all.

I just didn't feel good at all today, and a few people from here made me feel worse. I was just going to say forget it, forget PT, but why? Just so those few people that chose to be rude to me, can feel better after I leave?

Nope. Not going to happen. I'll just have to cry it off from now on, and then forget aobut it later.

You can't stay away KayAnn! You love us too much! :D

Glad you're staying. :) I wondered what happened to your signature.

Kfamr
11-24-2003, 08:11 PM
You can't stay away KayAnn! You love us too much! :D

Glad you're staying. :) I wondered what happened to your signature.

Some of you. :p

lovemyshiba
11-24-2003, 08:27 PM
I got 2 cards today!!!
Thanks Anna and Cheshirekat!!!!!!!

I must ask Anna--where did you get that stamp that was on the back--I love it--I tore the envelope from the top to preserve it!!!!

anna_66
11-24-2003, 08:40 PM
I got it at JoAnn's Fabrics~cute isn't it:)

captain
11-24-2003, 08:50 PM
Oooooooooo can't wait for your card now Anna!!!

anna_66
11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
I think you'll like it:D

Oh, I forgot to tell you all of the doggies say "Thanks" for the wonderful comments (expecially your lovely boy Angus;) )!

luckies4me
11-24-2003, 09:10 PM
I have recieved Cheshire Kat's card and thought it was soooo cool! :D I just adore the kitter cats on the front of the card. Thanks! :D

slick
11-24-2003, 09:30 PM
I got 2 cards today from Captain and Felicia's Mom.

Nancy the little kitty card is soooo adorable and Michelle, I feel like a "star" :D :D

Thank you so much people. As I said before mine will be going out next week because I'm waiting for the final list that comes out tomorrow I hope.

jenfer
11-24-2003, 09:47 PM
So far I have received 2 cards. Thank you. :D
I am not telling who they are from. One of them is from my state. ;) And the other one I got today... hmm... the hint is... I have shining stars ALL OVER MY FLOOR. :o :o :D :)
Thank you for the cards!!! I love them. I am partially done with my cards, but I am not as creative as you guys... so don't get too disappointed. heehee...

tomkatzid
11-24-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by jenfer
hmm... the hint is... I have shining stars ALL OVER MY :o :o :D :)

Us too :D :D :D

captain
11-24-2003, 10:28 PM
STARS ALL OVER THE FLOOR???!!!

Me too!!!! :D :D :D

Cheshirekatt
11-24-2003, 11:32 PM
Yay! I got Captain's card today.

I loved the envelope, it was very pretty and festive. And the label inside was awesome!

It's going on my wall right now. :D

Nomilynn
11-25-2003, 12:04 AM
Ok folks.. this is the last call. Any changes, newbies, etc, PM me. Don't post what you want done in the thread, as I might miss it. I will be sending out the list tomorrow night when I get home from work.

I got my first card today, from Cheshirecatt. I LOVE your address label!!! Too cute! Thanks:)

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2003, 12:08 AM
I received my first card today.:) It was from Jeanine aka Cheshirekatt. It's a beautiful cat card and I got one of the cards that was modified by Tiger Lily. :) Thanks again. :D

BTW I love the cat stamp on the back of the envelope and your address label too. :)

lynnestankard
11-25-2003, 03:42 AM
Just received your wonderful card Anna - how wonderful and clever you are - wish I could do 'stuff' like that!! And yes it's a gorgeous doggy stamp! Again - thanks.

Lynne

RICHARD
11-25-2003, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by captain
STARS ALL OVER THE FLOOR???!!!

hahahahahaha,

NOT ME!!!!

I know the rules and etiquette of 'card opening'.

NO. 2...

Thanks CK!

Kfamr
11-25-2003, 11:42 AM
Anna, I recieved your card as well. Thank you!

Barbara
11-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Anna, Captain and Felicia's mom: Thank you:) :) :)

Oh I was so curious when I came home and saw three cards on my table:D

And BTW: I have no sparkling little trees on the floor either:p

RubyMutt
11-25-2003, 01:36 PM
I've received Captain and Cheshirekatt's cards as well! :D Thanks you guys! This is so exciting, I love getting snail mail! :D

RobiLee
11-25-2003, 02:00 PM
I've also received Cheshirekatt's and Captain's cards. What a special treat it was to find them in the mailbox today. I'm very excited and glad I joined the list. I've been working on getting my own cards finished. Trying to make them on the computer. First time I've done something like this, so I hope it all turns out ok.

I can't wait to receive all my cards and show them off when people come to visit!!

Thanks Everyone....Robin :)

Miss Meow
11-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Cheshirekatt, thanks for your card! It's lovely :D

I paid for my cards three weeks ago, and I haven't received them yet. Hopefully you'll get your cards before Easter ...

Kfamr
11-25-2003, 07:07 PM
Naomi, I sent you a PM.. or two.

RubyMutt
11-25-2003, 08:12 PM
I got Anna's card today :D So CUTE!! :D

I also mailed all my international cards :) I'm just about done with all the ones staying in the US - probably will get mailed this weekend :)

micki76
11-25-2003, 09:01 PM
I received Anna’s, Jeanine’s, & Michelle’s cards today! It was a PT Christmas bonanza in my mailbox! Thank you so much, they’re wonderful!

This is sooo much fun!

Mine are all going out tomorrow.

Nomilynn
11-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Look for the list in about ten mins, folks :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2003, 09:27 PM
I received Anna's card today. Thanks Anna,it's beautiful.:D

Nomilynn
11-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Ok.. I sent the list off, and I am getting lots of notifications that it was successfully delivered. Only two have bounced back, but for one, the person had an alternate email address, and for the other, I've sent a PM. Let me know if it didn't come through properly or you didn't get it at all :)

micki76
11-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Got it Naomi, but just barely as I can't seem to keep a connection tonight. :mad:

Thanks so much to you and Tonya for all your hard work!

captain
11-25-2003, 10:04 PM
Got it!!

wolf_Q
11-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Received the card from Cheshirekatt....ADORABLE!! :D

RobiLee
11-26-2003, 03:16 AM
I got the updated list. Thanks Naomi and Tonya. You 2 did a great job!!!

Robin :)

lynnestankard
11-26-2003, 04:19 AM
Thanks Naomi and Tonya - sterling work from both of you - much appreciated.

Lynne

HayleyRosie
11-26-2003, 05:45 AM
Thanks Naomi, I got the updated list.

I got my first two cards yeasterday! The gold stars was a very nice added touch.

I got my overseas cards ready last night with no help from Hayley and Mandy. If Hayley wasn't sitting on top of the list Mandy was! Anyway they are ready to go in the mail today and I'm hoping to get the remainder ready this weekend.

anna_66
11-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Nomilynn, for some reason I didn't get the new list. Think you could sent it to me when you have time? Thanks!

gini
11-26-2003, 01:28 PM
Anna, I just forwarded it to you. Let me know if you receive it alright.

Gini

jenfer
11-26-2003, 11:24 PM
Yay!!! I am finally done writing all my PT christmas cards!!! Will send them out this weekend. :o :o :o

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2003, 12:17 AM
I received Captain's card today. Thanks Michelle, it's beautiful. I loved the stars too. :)

lynnestankard
11-27-2003, 03:55 AM
Received Sara and Debbie's cards this morning - many thanks to you both.

Sara - however you got HH to sit with that hat - you deserve a medal!!! She looks sooooooo pŁ&*%$ off!!! LOL!

Debbie - gorgeous pic., of the twosome and *snap* we have the same taste in cat stamps - wait til mine arrives!!!

BTW - both cards posted Monday and arrive at 8.30am this morning - is this a record?!! I'm so impressed!

Lynne

captain
11-27-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
BTW - both cards posted Monday and arrive at 8.30am this morning - is this a record?!! I'm so impressed!

Lynne,

I think that the American Postal service is trying to show us how good they are!!! I still cannot get over how quickly my cards got over there! ALTHOUGH, it seems, some states are faster than others!

Miss Meow
11-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by captain
Lynne,

I think that the American Postal service is trying to show us how good they are!!! I still cannot get over how quickly my cards got over there! ALTHOUGH, it seems, some states are faster than others!

With Lance Armstrong riding for the US Postal cycling team, I'm not surprised they're so quick! :D ;)

auggie
11-27-2003, 06:45 PM
I received Cards from Cheshirekatt, Captain and Anna.
Thank you so much guys. They're all so cute.
Mine are beeing mailed Monday. Still working on the pictures.

micki76
11-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by auggie
I received Cards from Cheshirekatt, Captain and Anna.
Thank you so much guys. They're all so cute.
Mine are beeing mailed Monday. Still working on the pictures.

Angie, you'll probably get mine tomorrow or Saturday. :D It shouldn't take long to get from here to there, even with the holiday today.

shais_mom
11-27-2003, 09:35 PM
I have received Anna and Jeanine's cards so far. Mine are about half done. :)

Kater
11-27-2003, 09:44 PM
I'm still in school right now and my Christmas cards are being sent home. Well, I like the rest of you, I have started to receive some (sent by the highly organized! I'm so impressed!) My Dad noticed the first card the other day and figured I would like to have it forwarded to my college address. He popped it into the mailbox and put the flag up. It was later stolen! :( (in broad daylight, I might add!) Our neighbors noticed someone drive up to the mailbox in a car and grab the contents. They called the police and were able to report the license plate number. I am so disappointed! At least there wasn't any money or anything in there to reward them for their crime! Sheesh, stealing mail is a really serious offense and I honestly hope this person gets caught! :mad: This was not the happiest of news to get on Thanksgiving. :( Needless to say my parents will now be taking all their outgoing mail to the post office.

My Dad vaguely remembers the card being from somewhere in the Pacific Northwest so I'm guessing it was probably Cheshirekatt. Are you from the Pacific Northwest, Jeanine? Washington, right?

shais_mom
11-27-2003, 09:47 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
that is unbelievable Kate!!!
Some people!

micki76
11-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Kater
:( Needless to say my parents will now be taking all their outgoing mail to the post office.

Everyone should take their outgoing mail to a mailbox! Your home mailbox is an easy and common target, regardles of how nice your neighborhood is.

Kate - that just sux. Yeah, Jeanine is in WA. It probably was hers.

Cheshirekatt
11-27-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Kater
My Dad vaguely remembers the card being from somewhere in the Pacific Northwest so I'm guessing it was probably Cheshirekatt. Are you from the Pacific Northwest, Jeanine? Washington, right?

Oh no! How pissy of someone! Tell you what, I'll send you out another one.

:D

wolf_Q
11-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Received Anna's card........CUTE!! Loved the wolf pic!! :D

I finished my cards this morning. I didn't do it all by myself...I had help...:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p5a6ee7a2444029b7a96a5c65f0ea406c/fa72ac61.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/pec5bd7aee2d9c648fdd3176741e65428/fa72ac5f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p84d0f89910751eccc383674e820114e7/fa72ac5c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/pd980db6aa411d6cfc3cb4849ce93f17b/fa72ac57.jpg
PS she put those socks on herself...I think they are my mom's or something. ;)

RobiLee
11-28-2003, 05:13 AM
Awww....those are such sweet pics, Wolf_Q!

I can't wait to check my mail today and everyday. I feel like a kid getting a new gift everyday.

I will be trying to finish mine up today and tomorrow and getting them sent out. I actually made mine on the computer, which was kind of hard for me. I'll get this computer stuff figured out sooner or later...lol. They aren't anything special...but I hope you like them.

I love this!!

Cincy'sMom
11-28-2003, 10:33 AM
We have not received any cards yet, but our mail has been held for the past week since we were on vacation. I'm hoping to get some today :)

I also haven't started mine yet :( We did get a picture taken I'm going to use, andI hae it on CD...now I need to go to Wally world (Wal-Mart) to have the cards printed...hopefully by the end of next week I'll have at least the internationals in the mail.

lovemyshiba
11-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Mine are out!!!
Dropped them off at the post office this morning!!!

No pictures in mine, but I'm sure everyone will appreciate them just the same:)

tomkatzid
11-28-2003, 01:12 PM
I have 16 more to print out. I ran out of ink. Wednesday I rushed to get more paper but didn't think too far ahead. I also need to get more envelopes. Mail them Saturday. The little post office by my house is open then. Only the ones out of the country need to be done by weight I guess. Or at least special stamps for them. I'm using the Neuter or Spay stamps for the others.

Speaking of Neuter or Spay here is the link to the site, fill out form, ask them to bring them back.

http://www.usps.com/common/contact_us/postalstore.htm
I used the drop down menu stating Product suggestions or Feedback or both !!

Katz

Barbara
11-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Debbie's and Sara's cards arrived too.

Sara: 2 Santas with airplane ears:D (I guess this is why the cards are already here: air mail:D )

RICHARD
11-28-2003, 07:13 PM
lol,

I got a card on Wednesday and had to think about the Nom de Pet Talk-

Thank YOU Anna66!

What a great card...and we don't use mittens out here so I am in trouble....;)

I know that I am going to get the RACIEST cards!!

Cincy'sMom
11-28-2003, 08:02 PM
We got 3 today!!! Thank you Anna, Captain and Cheshirekatt!!!

slick
11-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I know that I am going to get the RACIEST cards!!
Hmmmm, I haven't picked one out for you yet, but that gives me an idea......:D :D

I received 2 cards yesterday and 1 card today. Thank you Sara, thank you Debbie, thank you Anna. All the cards I've received so are are so wonderful because there are special stamps and pictures and stars......**sigh** you guys are so creative.

I'm going to buy the stamps tomorrow and mail them on Mon Dec 1. Be prepared everyone.....

K9karen
11-28-2003, 10:52 PM
Got a few cards already....YAY! Picked up my photos today and chose "The One" so will have cards made tomorrow..so they should be received in plenty of time!!! I'm so excited!

wolf_Q
11-28-2003, 11:21 PM
Received Captain's card today! What a gorgeous card! I loved the stars! :D Nebo tried to eat them, lol. ;)

lynnestankard
11-29-2003, 08:50 AM
Thanks to Micki - card arrived safely - and it was only posted on Wednesday! These deliveries are very impressive.

Lynne

Edwina's Secretary
11-29-2003, 10:04 AM
2 Santas with airplane ears
That's the only way the hat will stay on ;) ;) :D

Here's Gavin wearing the confetti from Captain's card!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p7a3ea443183317ce11bfc8d83ef2f7f1/fa72ecf6.jpg

Cincy'sMom
11-29-2003, 01:59 PM
We got another card today...Thank you Micki!!!

Felicia's Mom
11-29-2003, 03:34 PM
My card from Anna came before Thanksgiving, and Micki's came today. They are both beautiful. Thank you both very much.:)

wolf_Q
11-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Received a card from Micki..thank you! I love the pic of Millie and Chester inside! :D

micki76
11-29-2003, 07:02 PM
You're all very welcome. :) Chester enjoyed the photohshoot! :D Millie, not so much. :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
11-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Guess I should go check our mail, huh? :)

We bought our PT cards last night and I can't wait to see them out. :)

Cincy'sMom
11-30-2003, 06:04 AM
We got ours ordered last night...should be in on Wednesday....

RubyMutt
11-30-2003, 11:28 AM
I received Micki's card yesterday! The photo inside was too cute! :)

I also put all my cards in the mail yesterday :D

RICHARD
11-30-2003, 02:08 PM
WOW,

THANK you Micki!!!

I want to apologize for the cards I will send out.....they will be very plain..

:(

Of course,
I am going to use the most sexist excuse
available to me during the Xmas season.....

Being a man-

I was born without the creative/xmas card/color coordination gene.

I still think orange T-shirts look good with my grey sweat pants.:rolleyes:

captain
11-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I still think orange T-shirts look good with my grey sweat pants.:rolleyes:

Excuse me, are you SURE you are NOT my husband????? Trolling here in disguise ............?????:eek:

captain
11-30-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Here's Gavin wearing the confetti from Captain's card!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p7a3ea443183317ce11bfc8d83ef2f7f1/fa72ecf6.jpg

Oh Gavin!!! If I had known you like confetti, I would have sent you more!!!!

zippy-kat
11-30-2003, 04:15 PM
I've rec'd wonderfully cute cards from Ally Cat's Mommy ;), Anna, Captain, Micki, and Cheshirekat. Thanks guys!!

Mine will hopefully go out in tomorrow's post. yay!

krazyaboutkatz
11-30-2003, 05:42 PM
I received Micki's card yesterday. Thanks Micki, it's beautiful. :) I finished all of the overseas cards and will mail them out tomorrow morning. All of the rest are half done and I'll be mailing them out as I finish them. Hopefully they'll all be mailed by Dec. 8th.:)

This is so much fun. Now I look forward to going to my mailbox.:)

lovemyshiba
11-30-2003, 07:44 PM
I received Micki's card too--adorable picture!!!
And Capain's--but I was aware of the confetti!!!!
When I went to the Post Office to mail mine, the guy there says, "do you know these people in all these countries?", and I told him of course, and he said, "did you go to college with them or something?" I just smiled--he was having a pretty rough morning!!!!

Richard--
I have to say that I am impressed that you are sending cards--it just doesn't seem that many men would go to all that trouble!!

robinh
12-01-2003, 11:26 AM
So far, I've received cards from:
Cheshirekatt (such a classy, cute card),
Anna (just gotta love those faces) and
Captains (I didn't see the stars to start with-what a surprise)

Just sent all of mine this morning. They are store bought. I'm seriously craft impaired. But there is a small surprise in each card. As a fund raiser for our local humane society, they sponsored a photographer to come in and take pictures of people's pets (people too if you wanted). Well, I had planned to just have a shot of all of mine together, but unfortunately you get me too. The dogs look great - I didn't even have time to comb my hair, but it's a great picture of them. Hope you all enjoy seeing my babies together.

shais_mom
12-01-2003, 11:35 AM
I received Micki's and Emily's cards today!
Thanks they are sooo cute!!! :)
I hope to have mine done and out by the end of the week!:o

anna_66
12-01-2003, 02:18 PM
I just received Clara & Emily's cards today and they were both lovely! Thank you!

So far I've received cards from:
Captain, Cheshirekatt, Lovemyshiba, Miki & clara4457.......
Thank you all:D

RobiLee
12-01-2003, 02:49 PM
More cards today! Woo Hoo!

I've gotten cards from: Lovemyshiba, micki, cheshireKatt, anna and captain.

I love them all! Thank You!

Be on the lookout for mine. I dropped them off at the post office this afternoon. I hope you enjoy them.

Kater
12-01-2003, 03:05 PM
My cards are on the way! :D Well, at least all of the overseas cards. ;) I've finished and mailed out some of the 'domestic' ones too and will continue to send them as I finish them.

Thank goodness for 'sticker' stamps, if I had to lick all of those stamps......I don't know what! :p YUK!

I won't be in Hawaii until the 21st so I'll have a nice big 'ole pile of cards by then! :eek:
I'm a soooo looking forward to it!!! :D :D :D

captain
12-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Tubby & Peanuts Mom - Thanx! Got it yesterday - love the "stamp".

The dogs want to know what those kitties are doing in the house tho ............:D

Cincy'sMom
12-01-2003, 06:15 PM
We got a few more cards today...thank you Emily and Clara!!!

Our weren't supposed to be done until Wednesday, but they were ready today. Should have most of them out ths week...

wolf_Q
12-01-2003, 07:19 PM
I received cards from Felicia's mom, Rubymutt, and Jenfer--great cards everyone!! :D

Mine went out today...the weirdest thing though, it cost me less for the internationals then it did for the ones inside the US. :confused: I went to some place called EZ mail and copy. I got out the ones for the different countries separate so I could get the special stamps for them...she said she could mail them with something called Fedex International for only 30 cents each. So I sent them that way...hope they arrive ok!

RubyMutt
12-01-2003, 07:34 PM
I received 3 cards today :D From Felicia's mom, Emily, and Jennifer

Very cute cards everyone! Thanks :)

micki76
12-01-2003, 09:23 PM
3 today! Thanks to Emily, Lindsey & Clara! Great cards.

Lindsey, were leaving today for WA to pick up Ruby! Hubby says he HAS to have her! Great pic!

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 09:24 PM
I got emily's and micki's the other day. Thanks guys!

slick
12-01-2003, 09:41 PM
I got two cards today from Micki and Barbara.

I just love the way all you guys include a picture of your pets. It's sooooo neat. I'll have to find out how you made these cards for next year. Hmmmm....maybe I'll have to learn another program.

M & S send headbumpies back.:) :) Thank you. This is so exciting!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-01-2003, 11:45 PM
I received 2 more cards today. They're from Felicia's Mom and Lovemyshiba. Both of them are beautiful.:) Nancy, I love the cute pic of Felicia and Beau. Emily, the cat card is hilarious. Thanks so much. :D

I mailed out the 11 international cards this morning and the man said it would take 7-10 days to get there. Hopefully they'll arrive sooner than that. I'm also mailing my first 17 finished US cards tomorrow morning. I'm mailing the ones that are furtherst away from me first so all of you Californians will have to wait awhile for yours. :)

Barbara
12-02-2003, 02:45 AM
I received Lindsey's and Micki's cards today:D :D :D

Thanks!

As I don't know the dog people as well as the cat people I am glad to meet those cuties:)

lynnestankard
12-02-2003, 03:58 AM
Many thanks to Emily - card arrived about half an hour ago!! :D

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the lovely cards! I've gotten all the ones that everyone has mentioned here, but I've been so busy I haven't been able to make an exact list of all those received.

My international ones went out last week, and some of you have mentioned getting them. The US ones went in the mail yesterday.

Those that were added to the list will probably go out next week sometime.

HayleyRosie
12-02-2003, 11:07 AM
I am really enjoying sending and receiving the christmas cards. My overseas cards are sent and I'm hoping to get the cards sent to the US and Canada by tomorrow.

The cards I received so far are great! I love the pictures.

slick
12-02-2003, 11:30 AM
All of mine were dropped off at the post office this morning. I meant to do it yesterday but left them on my kitchen table. Hope you enjoy them.

tomkatzid
12-02-2003, 01:29 PM
We have 8 cards so far. LOVE them all. How is everyone displaying them? There is going to be so many. I want all our friends to see them so we need to figure out some way to hang them. We don't have anything large enough to set 50 cards on. Any ideas??
Katz

RubyMutt
12-02-2003, 01:41 PM
Since I don't have too many YET all mine are currently being displayed on a shelf in the living room. When I start to get more, my mom and I are going to try and hang up some Christmas-y fancy ribbon along the wall behind the sofa and hang the cards on it using clothes pins (we're thinking about painting the clothes pins ... it might become a little time consuming, but it'd be a fun project to do with my 6-year-old niece :)). We're still thinking about it, but my shelf is going to fill up very soon!

lovemyshiba
12-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Many thanks to Emily - card arrived about half an hour ago!! :D

Lynne

Wow!!

That was fast--3 days!!!!

For those of you trying to figure out how to display all of those beautiful cards, buy a new shelf:p
I don't know what I will do with all of mine either--I get so excited to get the mail--it doesn't come until almost 4 some days--I am dying to get it!!!!!!!!!

I have recieved 5 so far, hopefully more today!!!!!

micki76
12-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
When I start to get more, my mom and I are going to try and hang up some Christmas-y fancy ribbon along the wall behind the sofa and hang the cards on it using clothes pins (we're thinking about painting the clothes pins

That's what I'm doing, too. :D You can buy mini wooden clothes pins at Hobby Lobby or most any crafting store.

Got cards from Nancy & Jennifer today! Great cards! Thank you.

Nancy, that pic of Felicia & Beau is wonderful! Thank you!

Jen – great pic of Miss Chilli! :D

anna_66
12-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Thank you Felicia's Mom & Ruby Mutt, the cards were great and the pictures even better:D

lovemyshiba
12-02-2003, 02:09 PM
I saw the mail truck out the window and could hardly stand it!!!

I'm like a kid at Christmas!!!!!!

Thank you Jenifer--beautiful card!!
Thank you Nancy--wonderful picture of Felicia and Beau!!
and Lindsey--I hope the flight from PA is faster than the flight from Texas--I want Ruby too!!!!! Beautiful picture!!!!!

Miss Meow
12-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Wow, it was like Christmas last night. I got cards from Barbara (loving the pink! ;)), Captain, Anna_66, Edwina's Secretary and Ruby Mutt. They are all beautiful :)

Shane's brother came for tea last night, and he said wow, you're getting cards from all around the world. I said yep, with a huge happy grin on my face :D

Now, if only my cards would arrive so I can send them ... it's only been a month since I paid for them.

Cincy'sMom
12-02-2003, 04:24 PM
We got 3 more today!!! Thank you Nancy, Jennifer and Lindsey :)

We usually display our cards on the backside (indoor side) of our front door...we wrap it like a present and tape all the cards to it...last year we about ran out of room, and I bet this year we do! Guess we'll have to use a second door!!

My International cards went out today. I have not decided if I am sending out domestic as I finish them, or all at once, but they should be done by the end of the week :)

tikeyas_mom
12-02-2003, 04:25 PM
i am sending a couple of cards out to pppl. just not to EVERYONE!!!...

captain
12-02-2003, 04:25 PM
I got Barbara and Edwina's Secretary card yesterday!!! Both fantastic!!!!!

The Dogs still don't understand why there are kitty pics being sent to us ............. they say they don't know any kitties!!!!:D

RockyRoad
12-02-2003, 05:44 PM
So far I have received cards from Anna_66, captain, CheshireKatt, Clara, Lovemyshiba, Micki, Felicia's Mom, and RubyMutt. :)
They are all beautiful cards.. thank you all very much. :D

wolf_Q
12-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Received a card from Emily (lovemyshiba)..thanks! I love the pic on the front, too cute! :D

jenfer
12-02-2003, 07:11 PM
So far, I got Anna_66, Captain, Cheshirekatt, Felicia's Mom, Lovemyshiba, Micki, RubyMutt, Tomkatzid and Clara4457's card. Thank you! All your cards are lovely...unlike my plain one. :o Chilli and Gigi says thank you too. :)

jenfer
12-02-2003, 07:30 PM
So far, I got Anna_66, Captain, Cheshirekatt, Felicia's Mom, Lovemyshiba, Micki, RubyMutt, Tomkatzid and Clara4457's card. Thank you! All your cards are lovely...unlike my plain one. :o Chilli and Gigi says thank you too. :)

Sorry, I am not sure why it was posted twice? :confused:

RubyMutt
12-02-2003, 07:34 PM
I received Katz & Tom's card today :D VERY impressive!! :eek: I love it! :D

dukedogsmom
12-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Don't worry everyone! Mine will be in the mail on Thursday. Just got a few more to address and then got to go to post office to get them stamped/mailed. Next year, I'm going to have cute envelopes and everything. I'm going to be really prepared!

auggie
12-02-2003, 07:52 PM
I mailed half of mine yesterday and the rest this evening.

Today I received beautiful cards from Emily, Clara,Lindsey, Felicias Mom, Micki and Jenfer. The Pictures are all so adorable. I just love them
Thank you!
Micki, the Zip Code was wrong, but it got here anyway.;)

slick
12-02-2003, 10:28 PM
I got RubyMutt's card today. What a beautiful photo! Thank you so much.

I really need to investigate a better way of doing cards next year I feel so awful because mine are just bought and all of yours are so creative.

micki76
12-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by auggie
Micki, the Zip Code was wrong, but it got here anyway.;)

:o Glad you got it! :)

zippy-kat
12-02-2003, 11:14 PM
I rec'd Jenfer's and Emily's cards today! :D

My internationals went out in today's mail as well.

shais_mom
12-03-2003, 12:32 AM
I got Jenfer's,Robilee's (awesome pic of Katie btw!!!) Ruby Mutt's and Felicia's mom's
Thanks!!! They are great!!!

Barbara
12-03-2003, 02:45 AM
I received Emily's card. Too cute:D

neko1
12-03-2003, 06:28 AM
Sent mine out today. Watch for Cookie making her debut on my return address labels!!!!:)

luckies4me
12-03-2003, 10:56 AM
I have recieved several cards already, thanks to everyone! :D

But one in particular, Emily's, had a scratch and sniff Christmas tree on the back...........anyone else notice that? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-03-2003, 11:07 AM
As for displaying the cards.....so far this is what I'm doing.

I bought my cards at Hallmark and they were running a promotion - something like if you buy two boxes of cards you got one of these.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p1fc234938100b3a727130986c5a32c52/fa64da22.jpg

And since I bought so many cards, I got two of these, so this is what one of them looks like with the cards I've received so far. I'm trying to crowd them in to get as many as possible on the "tree" but I don't want to really block anybody's cards, so I think as more of them come in I'm going to have to come up with something else. ;) :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p0a86e03c54fcff3f451a2d304ea60bc4/fa64da1c.jpg
And sorry RubyMutt, I got your card too, but somehow it didn't get in on this photo session. ;) :(

Barbara
12-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Britt's card arrived today. Signed by Oreo -how precious:D

And Jenfer's card is here too. It's fun coming home every evening and having some beautiful cards wait for you:D :D :D

anna_66
12-03-2003, 12:59 PM
Wow, what a lucky girl I was today!

Thank you Edwina's Secretary, T & P mom, and Kater~the cards were all beautiful!
Sara, I want to know how you got E & E to sit together like that:D

lovemyshiba
12-03-2003, 02:03 PM
3 for me today too!!!
The E's are adorable, T&P look less than pleased on their card, and Katie--what a gorgeous photo!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
T&P look less than pleased on their card,

Yeah, I did my best, but Peanut just did not want to sit next to Tubby, and Tubby just wanted to take a nap and didn't have patience while I fussed with Peanut to get her to sit there....whadya gonna do? ;) :rolleyes: :D

I've got one of the pics with me here at work, and now that I look at it a little closer, it actually looks like Peanut has a tiny bit of the airplane ears going. :D :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
12-03-2003, 03:58 PM
We got 2 today!!! Thank you Robilee (love the Katie pic!) and Kayter!

15 more to go and mine will be in the mail...

captain
12-03-2003, 05:00 PM
I got anna_66, Felicia's Mum and RubyMutt ........... beautiful cards!!!!!!

Andie
12-03-2003, 05:30 PM
I want to thank everybody for the cards (I'm too sleep deprieved to remember names. Mine should be sent soon.