PDA

View Full Version : Science Fair!

magcpen
11-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Well, my school's science fair is coming up, and I was wondering, for those of you who are still in school, does your school have a Science Fair, are you working with anyone on it, and what is your topic? I always get really excited around thsi time of year, lol. ;)

P.S. My group (me and two boys) are doing the project "Do Plants Affect Caterpillars' Growth?". I'm in charge of research. :)

cali
11-15-2003, 07:44 PM
lol check out my post "four new furry friends" it explains what my science fair project is:) I am working with kim, one of my friends in the class, both of us personally hate science fair. we are dreding it. :(

G.P.girl
11-15-2003, 07:50 PM
i don't think my school has one....i don't really like science so i haven't really checked or paid attention if there will be one.

cali
11-15-2003, 08:11 PM
oh ya we are forced to do science fairs lol, we dont have a choice in the matter:(

magcpen
11-15-2003, 09:51 PM
We are too, (forced to do the project) but I think it's fun and, anyway, what we get excited about is the prizes. :p However I didn't go last year, though I did a project.... (I'm not an extracuricular actvities person) :)

mugsy
11-16-2003, 08:20 AM
Our school has one. I don't require my students to participate, but I do encourage it and I give extra credit if they do. My class (I only teach one science class) is really excited about it. They are planning already, what they are going to do (our fair isn't until spring).

On another note.....have any of you seen the movie October Sky? Great great movie and that's what inspired my class to want to participate in the science fair.

Now you have the opinion from the OTHER side (perhaps you might view it as the DARK side) lol

Snuggles
11-16-2003, 11:22 AM
we have a science fair- We are doing ours right now.
My topic is... how does the salt of the water affect plant growth-

bluekat
11-16-2003, 11:26 AM
We hardly have anything special at our school. So no, we don't have science fairs. I guess they would be fun, but science isn't exactly my favourite subject. But it'd be fun to see other projects.:)

cali
11-16-2003, 11:32 AM
lol the first observation of my science fair lol, the gerbils in the wild habitat sheded and wove the hay into a soft warm nest. the gerbil sin the cage enviroment on th eotherhand, just lay down wherever they see fit! ;) lol, th eother is that w=the wild ones are always on the move, and busy working and scavenging for food the other pair are so comfortable they hardly move, because there every whim is catered for, food served in a dish, soft warm bedding all over so they can just flop over, and if they care to get any exersize they will go to the wheel, and clib to the other levels, they apperently would much rather just lay there.:rolleyes:

Toby's my baby
11-16-2003, 01:15 PM
We are forced to do science fair in 3,4, 6,7,8,9,10,11 I think. In 5th Grade you have inventers fair and you have to invent something. In 3rd Grade sara got Grand Champion. In 4th Grade I got Grand Champion and in 5th Grade I got Grand Champion I happen to love Science.

Dogz
11-16-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Toby's my baby
I happen to love Science.

Ugh. Seriously? I don't like it. (You probably know why lol, stupid Home Alone):rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
11-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Science is my favorite subject! (besides Agriculture) ;) We don't have to do science projects anymore....they were such a pain. :p