PDA

View Full Version : Lonely Hamster

EvilDarkChick
11-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Hi, I've got a teddy bear/syrian hamster, he is about a year old (probably younger) and i got him about 4 or 5 months ago, hes the sweetest little thing,and is always up for meeting new animals, but they are never realy that nice to him, I'd really like to get him a friend (not a girlfriend) but i dont know how they'll react towards eachother, I know with bunnies (or at least mine) they'll fight eachother, but I dont know all that much about hamsters,

if anyone can give me any information about it that would be awesome and my hamster will thank you!

Amber
11-15-2003, 05:32 PM
any type of syrian hamster needs to be kept alone! they are solitary and will fight any hamster..sometimes to death. If you think your hamster is lonely just try spending more time with it. Just dont cage is with another hamster or any other type of pet.

bunyfoofoo
11-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Yeah i wouldnt recomind giving it another male hamster that wouldnt be good. i have to hamsters a male and female but i dont keep them together. i would also recomind spending as much time with him as possible.

EvilDarkChick
11-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Hey thanks, I was about to make a big mistake! But now I have another question about my boyfriend's rat.

Wednesday13 the rat is about 3 months old and he has been a pet for about a month, he's a sweet, calm rat that will kiss and cuddle anyone, but lately he's been peeing whenever he is taken out, this just started about a week ago, is this just a lack of training, or is there something wrong?

Amber
11-16-2003, 07:05 PM
I am no rat expert, lol. But I think you should ask wolfsoul or luckies4me or yellowlablover. they know all about rats. I think you should re-post your message in pet general. because hopfully they will see it and help you right away.