PDA

View Full Version : what would u do?

sweet_stormy
11-15-2003, 10:47 AM
what would u do if u had a kitty who stole things while you were sleeping? like money and rings.
well, mittens (3 month old kitty) stole a dollar bill of my computer table a few nights ago. i think she gave it to snowball (my 6 year old dog). last night i had my earings, watch, and a ring on the computer table and she stole an earing and my birthstone ring. i found the earing inside the printer (not too far in). i just cant find the ring or the dollar.
what would u do if that happened to u?

catcrazylady
11-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Check under major appliances and then just give up and wait!! It should be no more than a year before it mysteriously turns up again!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

That wasn't much help was it???http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

rg_girlca
11-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Get yourself a nice jewelry box. That's what I had to do, as my Katie girl likes to take off with my chains and rings also. You just have to remember to put everything in the box.
I still can't find one of my chains and Katie isn't talking.

kuhio98
11-15-2003, 12:52 PM
I suggest that you'll have much more luck training yourself to do things differently than your pets. Kuhio also liked to bat my earings and stuff around. A nice opal earring went down the sink drain and we never could get it out. Sooooo, now when I take off my jewelry or empty my pockets, I put them in a box with a lid or in a drawer. I saw on the Emergency Vet show on Animal Planet, where a kitty swallowed a nickle and they had to do surgery (for $1,000) to get it out. That's my advice -- train yourself. It'll be easier and less expensive in the long run. :p

sweet_stormy
11-15-2003, 03:09 PM
good news everyone, i found my ring. Mittens must have just pushed it back a little bit on my table. i still cant find my dollar. alwell.

jenluckenbach
11-15-2003, 07:28 PM
I'd put my stuff away.

:p

If I don't want the cats in to it, it needs to be where they can't get to it........simple.

Sunshine
11-15-2003, 08:40 PM
Isn't it funny how cats will make almost anything a toy?:cool:

Juli

CatDad
11-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Check under major appliances and then just give up and wait!! It should be no more than a year before it mysteriously turns up again!!
:D:D:D:D
Loved this answer.

Anyway, I agree with Jen. If I don't want the cats to play with it I have to put it away.

I am glad that you found your ring.:)

LaRana
08-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Sounds like you have a Bengal...

My bengal has an obsession with stealing shiny things that belong to our visitors.

One time a friend of ours brought over his silver silk robe. The cat found the belt, and dragged it off the couch and ran with it to our bedroom. Then when I snapped at him he dropped it and kept running. So the guy went and took the belt and stuck it under the robe. The cat went back and since he couldn't find the belt, he started to take the ENTIRE robe off the couch! From the seat of the couch and jumping off the back of the couch mind you... Finally when he turned it inside out and it wasn't so shiny, the cat lost interest.

He also stole a makeup brush of a friend. It had a shiny metal rim on it. He just takes these things in his mouth like it's a new catch, and runs!

QueenScoopalot
08-26-2004, 05:11 PM
My friend Barbara has cleptomaniac kitties, and has yet to find her mailbox key four years later! :rolleyes: If you don't want your things vanishing, good advice putting it somewhere they won't vanish. ;) Hopefully the dollar went to a good cause, like feeding a stray for a day..or something! :D

Mandy-Lee
09-10-2004, 12:09 PM
My pets love the shiney stuff too! But they only get to play with it when /if we let them. I keep everything in a safe jewellery box. Your things could be anywhere..under the couch,blankets,behind desk...etc. I think you better start hiding your possesions so this won't happen again :)