PDA

View Full Version : My day yesterday...

Tonya
11-15-2003, 09:00 AM
I am dying to share what happened to me yesterday. It might be something that is just significant to myself but if anyone else finds the significance, it'll be PT folks.

I've been really down lately. I have my friend from work dying, my company has denied my shoulder surgury, so I am not getting paid for several months and now will be suspended for an "unexcused absence", I'm stressed with school, blah blah blah. I don't want to get into all of my woes, but I had just gotten into an argument with my boss. I really like him so it hurt me.

I was up on a telephone pole working, and crying at the same time. Just totally pitying myself. And complaining to God about taking my friend away. And two of the most beautiful birds flew up. Birds never come near us when we are working in the air. I had never seen birds like this before. They were blue like bluejays with red chests and just a little larger then a parakeet. They perched on the phone cable literally within 3 feet of me and stayed with me for about an hour. It was just me and these birds in the middle of no where, up in the sky where I can see everything. It was totally quiet.

It's hard to explain, but I suddenly felt peace about everything. I don't know if anyone can understand. It's probably a "you had to be there" story. But it really meant alot to me.

gini
11-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Tonya, that is one of the best stories I have read in quite a while.

Do I believe these two little birds were sent to help you? You betcha!

Life is hard - there seems to be a new challenge every day.

Even though I have good friends who support and love me, when any animal (aside from my own) approaches me I take that as something very significant.

Years ago, I was in Hawaii visiting a nursery. They had a huge stand of bamboo and out of the bamboo shot a small orange kitten. He couldn't have been more than 4 months old. He ran right up to me out of the bamboo and jumped up on me. It was just the dearest moment. I felt as though I was getting to see a long lost friend and we were so glad to see each other again.

Is your shoulder injury work related? I hope you have exhausted all of your options. And I am sorry that you have this in your future.

Today is a new day - and I hope it will be better for you.

Whenever you are down, you now can bring back the sweet memory of the birds coming to visit you and help you.

It did happen for a reason.

Rio and Me
11-15-2003, 09:36 AM
that sounds really peacefull!!!
id love a big platform in the sky that i could go to for some "quite time" and see the busy world below me!!! (never happen but one can dream right.lol)
whats your job?
Ky and Rio

bluekat
11-15-2003, 09:37 AM
How nice!:) It really sounded like a magical moment. I believe that those birds were sent here for you:)