PDA

View Full Version : I Lost My Job...

moosmom
11-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Well, it happened again!! I was told at 4:30 p.m. today, cornered in the conference room, that they were "cutting back" and had to let me go.

I went to my desk, packed up the stuff I had and walked out the door, never looking back.

Everyone asked me if I cried. Hello no!! I wasn't giving that psycho b#$%^ from H-E double hockey sticks the satisfaction. Besides, I had just about had enough of the boss bi#$h's OCD behavior. I believe things happen for a reason. This will be the perfect opportunity to go to CT and visit my friends and my daughter, who I miss terribly. It will also give me the chance to spend all the holidays with my family.

I talked to the managers at BB&B where I've been working part-time and they said they could definitely use me full-time till after the first of the year. Granted it only pays $7.00/hour, but at least it's SOMETHING. I'll manage. I always do.

So, I'm now off (it's 11:30 pm here) to have my own private pity party. Tomorrow is a brand new day!! :D

CathyBogart
11-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Sorry you lost your job, but you know you'll find something better! Hopefully your next boss will be better, and at least you had SOMETHING to fall back on!! My best friend has just been rendered homeless....

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-14-2003, 10:42 PM
If you feel that way about them, you deserve better. Sorry you lost your job, but if you didn't like it, it was meant to be!

[[[hugs]]]

shais_mom
11-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Drink a glass of wine and cuddle with the kitties!!!
And will be thinking of you!:) :(

moosmom
11-14-2003, 10:47 PM
if you didn't like it, it was meant to be!

Absolutely!!! As a matter of fact, I'm on my second glass of wine now :D :D :D

And my furbabies KNOW something is up so they're all over me like a cheap suit.

Gotta love 'em!!

Miss Meow
11-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Good luck for finding something better, with more normal-type people ...

lovemyshiba
11-14-2003, 11:10 PM
I would like to say I'm sorry about you losing your job, but I don't think you are so........

I love your attitude about it--there is always something better!!

You will truly enjoy your holidays I'm sure, being with your family.

And, you have a back-up--doesn't sound to horrible to me!!

Tonya
11-14-2003, 11:21 PM
I am sorry about your loss, but you are right. Everything does happen for a reason. You were to good for that job anyways. Happiness is much more important then money.

AmberLee
11-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Good luck to you, Donna. It sounds like this will free you up for a trip back to CT and also free you to look for a happier place for you to be. So glad the fur/suede connection is there for you tonight. {{{hugs}}}

CatDad
11-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Drink a glass of wine and cuddle with the kitties!!!
And will be thinking of you!:) :(
That is great advice and it sounds like you are taking it.;)

It really does sound like you needed to get out of there, and while it really is an awful way out of a bad job at least you will now find something better.

Spend some time with you friends and family and at least you know you have something to go to comming up. Hey, you may actually find something better in the mean time.:)

I know that it is hard, but your attitude does sound really good and that really is half the battle. My girlfriends contract is up at the end of this month and she is looking also, the good news is she is getting responses to her resume. Which did not happen as fast a year and a half ago when she was looking. It is different for different parts of the country, but I hope that you find something good.

Keep up you good attitude, and enjoy yourself. Let us know what is happening. {{{HUGS}}} and positive thoughts for you.

Steffi N
11-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Good luck, Donna. I know something better will come your way. Your attitude is right on. Your furbabies will be happy to have you home for a while. Enjoy the holidays with your family and friends in Connecticut.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Donna, you have such a positive attitude about this. It sounds like you are better off NOT working there - plus you now have time to spend with your family over Christmas!

The New Year brings with it new OPPORTUNITIES - I'll be praying that you will find a new job where you will be happy, and where they deserve and appreciate you!

(((HUGS))))

Julie

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Steffi N
Good luck, Donna. I know something better will come your way. Your attitude is right on. Your furbabies will be happy to have you home for a while. Enjoy the holidays with your family and friends in Connecticut. Ditto.:)

jenluckenbach
11-15-2003, 04:40 AM
You are right, everything happens for a reason and the best is yet to be. {{{HUGS}}} to you in the mean time.

Barbara
11-15-2003, 05:02 AM
Donna, I also think you have the best attitude with that.

And you know you're a survivor.

Enjoy the time you have right now. In the Christmas time it is more needed than ever:D

And the kitties know best how to help you.

Headbumpies from Filou and Tigris:)

PayItForward
11-15-2003, 05:34 AM
You seem to have got out of one nightmare job, you deserve so much better.

On the bright side your next bosses must be better, they couldn't be any worst ;)

Good Luck on finding your next job and enjoy your kitties and wine in the meantime.

PS. It is so great that you have a full time job to keep you going.

mahayana
11-15-2003, 06:34 AM
The same thing happened to me June 27. An out-of-state manager showed up and fired all the oldest hands at my job (doing maintenance on 1100 units of family housing at the local Air Base).

Took 3 months to find another job, but it pays better, is closer to home, and I get told "thank you" every day when I leave.

Your quotation is wise, hopefully the better spot will appear soon.

Randi
11-15-2003, 09:05 AM
Donna, I'm sorry you lost your job - and then again, you didn't like being there, did you? Dealing with something unfair however, is so hard, isn't it! But, as a wise lady said to me, it's gonna be their loss!! ;)

I hope you find a job you like in the new year! Get some well earned time for yourself and have another glass of wine - I'll join you! :D And you'll be able to spend some time with your daughter over Christmas, isn't that great!

Best of luck!! :)

lynnestankard
11-15-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry about the job Donna - but if it means your going to be able to spend time with your Daughter - Yippeee!
As long as you've got something to keep going with I'm sure you'll be alright until the right job comes along.
You're in my thoughts and {{{Hugs}}}} across the miles.
I've just filled my wine glass to toast you - Good Luck Lovely Lady xxx

Lynne

HoRsELUvR
11-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Im sorry you lost your job.:( At least you get to spend time with your family.Good luck,and I hope everything works out.:)

4 Dog Mother
11-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Sorry you lost your job, Donna. Will be thinking of you and praying for you.

Dogz
11-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Donna- I am sorry that you lost your job, but I like how you look on the brightest side of things, great attitude! Good luck to you, and I hope that you get to see your family for the holidays!

slick
11-15-2003, 10:10 PM
When one door closes another one opens. Enjoy your time with your family. Life is shorter than you think.

Hugs to you.

anna_66
11-16-2003, 08:52 AM
Glad to hear your out of the **** hole! I know there's something better out there for you and at least you have a job that's willing to let you work full time until you find another:)
Don't have a pity party, just have a PARTY! and be glad your outta' there!