PDA

View Full Version : O my look what I came home to!!

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 08:22 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p57f7cd45031716b2d8fa27c988c86b61/fa8fa0c8.jpg I walk into my room to find!!! a whole box of kleenex's recked, PLUSE......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/pc2b559ae3f65a90a0eb75d90fe6b78e1/fa8fa0cc.jpg BABY has chewed up a WHOLE book on dog training I took out from the library!! :eek:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p83c0ba0087cefb0f68915e022afbc281/fa8fa0bb.jpg The irony of it all ;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p68e1c6e3f3ffc3a4074d0de1243f6d24/fa8fa0be.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p0e4222fa3c42cf0c582c75bafb58d4c5/fa8fa0c2.jpg

Do you think the library will notice ;) http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/pa4e3244430dbae0cf70715fd9b0b0b97/fa8fa0d0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p95bda27a87239d4d747de2f37c1c55ad/fa8fa0c5.jpg the sky :)

silly puppy ;)

popcornbird
11-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh you are SOOOOOOO busted!!!!!!!!! Libraries do NOT forgive! Be prepared to pay for that poor book! NAWTEE DOGGIES! :eek::eek::p

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 08:25 PM
EEEP!
Lets just say, It seems as if the training book didn't go to use on not chewing. :p

She was left alone?? :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Ohhhhhhhhh you are SOOOOOOO busted!!!!!!!!! Libraries do NOT forgive! Be prepared to pay for that poor book! NAWTEE DOGGIES! :eek::eek::p

lol I am going to pay for it on monday lol...

Lets just say, It seems as if the training book didn't go to use on not chewing.

you got that right lol

She was left alone?? :eek::confused::eek::confused:

She was only left alone for around an hour, because my mom had to take me and my lil brother to the doctor, now BOTH my brothers have phenmonia{sp?}, and I have strep throat :rolleyes:.. lol

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Eh... As you can see, it's not so smart to leave such a young puppy alone for such a period of time(or any period of time), especially when they're not properly trained yet.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-14-2003, 08:33 PM
Well, in that hour she certainly did alot of damage! :eek: I wouldn't even trust my 2 dogs ALONE in a room.

popcornbird
11-14-2003, 08:34 PM
It sure isn't smart...............especially leaving a pup around a book that belongs to the library. You need to take the best care of things.......ESPECIALLY things that belong to someone else. Have fun paying for it. The library is *not* going to be happy. :p

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 08:37 PM
You need to take the best care of things.......ESPECIALLY things that belong to someone else.

:eek: ESPECIALLY things that are living!!*******

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 08:41 PM
It sure isn't smart...............especially leaving a pup around a book that belongs to the library. You need to take the best care of things.......ESPECIALLY things that belong to someone else. Have fun paying for it. The library is *not* going to be happy. :p
it was put away!! thats the thing!! lol I really dont know how baby found it. I know it was wrong to leave her home for an hour, but WE had to go to the doctors and it was REALLY buisy.

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
:eek: ESPECIALLY things that are living!!*******

Just because we letf her home for an hour doesnt mean we dont take care of her, We do take care if her..

Shelteez2
11-14-2003, 08:47 PM

Have fun paying for it. The library is *not* going to be happy. :p

I seriously the doubt the library will care much at all as long as they get the money for it.

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 08:48 PM
They will be getting the money for it :) I am paying for it on monday. :) Pluse they have two other copies of the same book.

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
Just because we letf her home for an hour doesnt mean we dont take care of her, We do take care if her..

I never said you didn't. :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

Karen
11-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Hopefully the librarian will at least get a chuckle out of the whole situation! Next time, gate her into a room with less to destroy - the kitchen is usually a safe bet!

The St. Bermard my family had when I was a kid would, if left all alone "too long" by her estimation (4 hours or more usually did it) would find the newest Kleenex box in the house, carry it to the dining room (the only dark, solid-colored rug in the house) and then shred it. It's amazing how much of an area one box of tissues can cover when "exploded" by a naughty dog!

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 09:12 PM
You need to take the best care of things.......ESPECIALLY things that belong to someone else.

Originally posted by kfamr
:eek:ESPECIALLY things that are living!!*******

_________-------_______-------______------_____------______

... basically hinting I dont take care of her...

GoldenRetrLuver
11-14-2003, 09:14 PM
I think you should've set up a baby gate or left her in her crate while you were gone. That would have made the situation much neater. :p

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Hopefully the librarian will at least get a chuckle out of the whole situation! Next time, gate her into a room with less to destroy - the kitchen is usually a safe bet!

The St. Bermard my family had when I was a kid would, if left all alone "too long" by her estimation (4 hours or more usually did it) would find the newest Kleenex box in the house, carry it to the dining room (the only dark, solid-colored rug in the house) and then shred it. It's amazing how much of an area one box of tissues can cover when "exploded" by a naughty dog!

hahahaha... WE have yet to find a gate tall enough to stop her from hopping over it ;)

she is pritty good already though. she knows that she is to only eat out of her own bowl. She knows how to sit, stay, come and laydown. She has almost prefected "heel".. SHe is a really good puppy.

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 09:21 PM

Originally posted by kfamr
:eek:ESPECIALLY things that are living!!*******

_________-------_______-------______------_____------______

... basically hinting I dont take care of her...

That's not what I meant at all, so don't think of it that way! thanks!

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 09:24 PM
That's not what I meant at all, so don't think of it that way! thanks!

what did you mean then :confused:

Shelteez2
11-14-2003, 09:41 PM
hahahaha... WE have yet to find a gate tall enough to stop her from hopping over it ;)

Use two, one on top of the other :)

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 09:43 PM
what did you mean then :confused:

It seemed as if she was more worried about the book than the dog. The book is more harmful to Baby than Baby is to the book, since she is a living thing. She should be BEST taken care of. :)

Tonya
11-14-2003, 09:59 PM
What I want to see is the look on Baby's face when you caught her!

wolfsoul
11-14-2003, 11:34 PM
How ironic! Lol! :D Too bad it wasn't your "homework" ;)

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 11:37 PM
It seemed as if she was more worried about the book than the dog. The book is more harmful to Baby than Baby is to the book, since she is a living thing. She should be BEST taken care of. :)

I wasnt worried about either thing. it was ironsic because she ate a dog training book. Sorry if you think I take care of my books better then my pets, if that is what you are implying. whihc makes no sence at all.

Twisterdog
11-14-2003, 11:45 PM
I find that very humorous ... she ate the training book.

*snicker*

I am sure all of our dogs have done something in their lives that they weren't supposed to. And I'm sure all of us have made a mistake with our dogs. No one - and no dog - is perfect! A chewed book and box of Kleenex a small price to pay. I'm sure tikeya's mom will be more careful next time, having learned this time.

Good advice from Shelteez about putting two gates up, one on top of the other. I had to get taller gates, too, for my jumping dogs. I found four foot high gates at New England Serum. I think it's called Pet Edge now.

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
I find that very humorous ... she ate the training book.

*snicker*

I am sure all of our dogs have done something in their lives that they weren't supposed to. And I'm sure all of us have made a mistake with our dogs. No one - and no dog - is perfect! A chewed book and box of Kleenex a small price to pay. I'm sure tikeya's mom will be more careful next time, having learned this time.

Good advice from Shelteez about putting two gates up, one on top of the other. I had to get taller gates, too, for my jumping dogs. I found four foot high gates at New England Serum. I think it's called Pet Edge now.

I havent ever herd of pet edge..... I put up babies crate and she went in it!!! :eek: for a treat lol. I had to pratically go in with her thoguh lol. it is really funny because Oscar has now clamed the crate :rolleyes: he growls at baby when she goes near it, he is sleeeping in it right now lol.

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 11:53 PM
I wasnt worried about either thing. it was ironsic because she ate a dog training book. Sorry if you think I take care of my books better then my pets, if that is what you are implying. whihc makes no sence at all.

I wasn't even talking about YOU.

GEEZ! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's why I said **SHE** not *YOU* in my post.

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 11:58 PM
Oscar has now clamed the crate :rolleyes: he growls at baby when she goes near it, he is sleeeping in it right now lol.

You shouldn't let him do that though... It may just make her even more afraid of it.

You should buy him one too :)

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 11:58 PM
I wasn't even talking about YOU.

GEEZ! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's why I said **SHE** not *YOU* in my post.

OOOO popcornbird!!! thats who I am guessing is the "SHE" you are talking about???

SRY :o

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 11:59 PM
You shouldn't let him do that though... It may just make her even more afraid of it.

You should buy him one too :)

he has one lol but he likes babies. :rolleyes: babys is wayyyy bigger then oscars .he brought all his toys into iy :rolleyes: what a butt.

Kfamr
11-15-2003, 12:01 AM
OOOO popcornbird!!! thats who I am guessing is the "SHE" you are talking about???

SRY :o

Yes, Lol -- Since I quoted her post, and that's the post you were questioning about. :p

Anyways-- i need to go to bed so I can wake up to meet Duke and Val in the morning.. It's a bit chilly and my warm bed with the puppers is calling me!
:p

popcornbird
11-15-2003, 01:45 AM

Worried about the book more than Baby? :eek: Are you kidding me? Heck no I wasn't worried about the book more than the dog! :eek:

binka_nugget
11-15-2003, 01:52 AM
LOL! Silly Baby! Once, Kai chewed the book "give your dog a bone" which was a library book. Oh..the irony. I had to pay $40 dollars but..oh well..it was my fault anyways.

tomkatzid
11-15-2003, 03:06 AM
Yesterday I was on the computer and Tom was on his. Lucee chewed my shoe:(

We are a 3 baby gate house. All in one doorway:eek: One on top of each other and the 3rd half and half so she can't knock the other two out of the door.

Tonee (RB) my cocker could easily jump the baby gate. She always had 2.

We own like 10 now.:p

Logan
11-15-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Use two, one on top of the other :)

That is what I was going to suggest. Puppies can be so bad, can't they??? LOL!!! Another suggestion might be to make sure you give her a stuffed Kong toy to keep her busy. You can get recipes at www.kongcompany.com .

I think it is wild that you guys have dogs that will go over gates. I have 4. I know Murphy can't cross it and Lilly has never been able to jump at all, so she can't, but Honey and Zipper could cross it in a heartbeat if they wanted to. Honey can clear a 4 ft fence and I know Zipper could too if he tried. Funny thing, though, they don't! :rolleyes:

delidog
11-15-2003, 05:23 AM
Ah Yes...The DANE of it All!!!!!
Joey once chewed my yellow pages...(I kept thinking of the strong man contest..where the men tear the phone book in half)
25 CDS'
My Box Spring on our bed
Delilahs' dog bed.....
I forget what else
Needless to say,He is now Happily Crate Trained!!!

Pam
11-15-2003, 06:52 AM
Very funny thread! Let's just see the humor in this without getting upset, OK? :) I know Bella would love to be alone for an hour with a box of tissues! That is her one real weakness! :D

These pictures record what happened about a month after Ripley came to live with us. He had been allowed his freedom in the house almost immediately since he was already housebroken. Apparently he didn't care for this book. Can you see why? :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p699b6d06ad279d1bdc37eac561be8f09/fc9071b0.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p8ab5135af340a7b0484d21b578418199/fc9071a6.jpg

sabies
11-15-2003, 07:33 AM
That is funny! I guess she has made it clear how she feels about training. Perhaps Baby should have to do volunteer work at the library to pay back for the book :). (ok, so I doubt the library would go for that idea)

primabella
11-15-2003, 08:29 AM
Lol I think Baby is hinting something to you. ;)

Jynelle, does Oscar like Baby's crate better because it is bigger? Cause then you should just get him his own that will give him more space. (If it is causing preventing you from crating Baby when needed). That's what we did for Mickey as he got older. We bought him one that would fit a Golden and he's very happy in it. :) Just a thought.

KYS
11-15-2003, 09:56 AM
I had a house trained older puppy, who used to go into
the bathrooms and pull the toilet papper off
the role and than shred it.
What a mess! :)

I guess we all know what Baby thought about
that training book!

amoore
11-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Maybe your baby read the book and did not like the training methods that book had ? :D

Dogz
11-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Do you have a crate for Baby? When you are away, you can put her in the crate, and give her some toys to play with, you may have better luck.:)

Good luck with the library book, I hope they don't mind too much, silly pups.:)

GrShepherd
11-15-2003, 11:06 AM
:eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

You need better look after your dog, because if youīll not do anything, she will continiu do things like this...

How I understand, it was great dane yeah?

At this age they want to show their character, and you CANīt give up or just say - ops, what did you do litle silly doggy? ..... It willnīt be good... remember... have you ever read books about grat danes or something like this?

When I was about 3yrs old, my cousin had great dane, and it was very hard-training dog .... :rolleyes:

Remember my words, you must do something.....

GrShepherd
11-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Some maybe think itīs funny, like Tinkeyaīs mum, but I donīt think itīs funny.... you need to work with your dogs... When we took Grienden, he was very nervous, and wanted to chew something all the time, but we worked on him very hard, and now heīs exellent dog....I know that great danes are harder to work...I hope you did know about them all, when you took you baby, huh?

Foam
11-15-2003, 12:18 PM
Nawtee Baby!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

lovemyshiba
11-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Personally, I think it's hilarious!!
The irony is what cracks me up--she ate a training book!!!!
You should trust her though--maybe the methods in the book weren't what she wanted to use!!!:)

And the tissues, lol--it is amazing what a mess they can make isn't it??

The other day, I gave the dogs 2 empty boxes to play with. They were just small boxes from treats, so I figured why not. My entire living room was carpeted with cardboard when they were done!!!! Hubby would have died if he would have seen it!!!!
I know, now they will think they are allowed to destruct things:p

Anything they can possibly destroy is out of their reach though, we make sure of that. You're going to have to "baby proof" your house again!!!!

K9soul
11-15-2003, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't consider the situation that dire of a problem unless it was happening repeatedly. In this case I am sure Baby's mom will be more careful in the future. There is certainly not much of anything that can be done after the fact. Just have to be more careful about where Baby is when she is unsupervised.

When Tasha was 7 months old one time, I needed to run an errand and she was sleeping peacefully. She was house trained by then and had been left for short periods of time before without problem so I went ahead.. got back and she had chewed a little hole in the sofa cushion and was gleefully pulling the stuffing out of it. I think I felt a mixture of horror and hilarity. But, I learned from it and was much more careful about leaving her unattended and running the house until she matured a bit more.

Dogz
11-15-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by GrShepherd
Some maybe think itīs funny, like Tinkeyaīs mum, but I donīt think itīs funny.... you need to work with your dogs... When we took Grienden, he was very nervous, and wanted to chew something all the time, but we worked on him very hard, and now heīs exellent dog....I know that great danes are harder to work...I hope you did know about them all, when you took you baby, huh?

Ummm, ok?:rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
11-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Lol I think Baby is hinting something to you. ;)

Jynelle, does Oscar like Baby's crate better because it is bigger? Cause then you should just get him his own that will give him more space. (If it is causing preventing you from crating Baby when needed). That's what we did for Mickey as he got older. We bought him one that would fit a Golden and he's very happy in it. :) Just a thought.

oscar is not alloud in baby's crate and he knows it now. We didnt let hiom in there last night and every time he went in there we said "no oscar" and pulled him out, then we praised baby when she went in her crate. she actually layed down in it :eek: she is such a good girl!!!! :D :p

I got your pm and I replyed ... WE have a crate for her and she used it last night!!:D. I knew about great danes when I got baby, well kinda lol you all know the story.

Baby kinda just morphed into my family over time :).. We are friends with her breeders though and I have my own great dane website. visit it www.freewebs.com/dizzydanes/
I work with my dogs every night, as so does the rest of my family, everyone takes part in her training :).

I train my dog *husky* tikeya too, she is learning to heel right now because she has a pulling prob *sibes :rolleyes:*. lol .. TRUST me I spoil my dogs, with love, and attention, and most of all I train them lol. I am going to college to be a professonal dog trainer, at canadian West Canine Center..