PDA

View Full Version : Cute Whistling

Dogz
11-14-2003, 04:43 PM
How many cockatiels out there whistle?

Nelly is just learning how to whistle, and he/she (we are still not *quite* sure) and she whistles the whoowhoo.:) It's really cute. How about your tiels?

popcornbird
11-14-2003, 05:22 PM
The whoo-hoo.........is called the wolf whistle! My Popcorn is great at it! I'll whistle it to him, and he'll whistle it back! Its soooo cute and funny! He also knows how to whistle the cell phone melodies, part of *Mary had a little lamb*......... and several other things that I can't figure out...........but he whistles all day and it sounds just beautiful! He has his personalized cockatiel whistles too, that are basically a combination of everything he knows plus his own birdie whistles. I can't imagine a house without those daily whistles! :D

Muffin can whistle too, but not that much. She's a sweet little girl who prefers to squack back when I talk to her, than whistle. :)

Dogz
11-14-2003, 05:26 PM
I didn't know it was called the wolf whistle!:D
I want to teach Nelly a tune of some sort, but I don't know which one to teach her.:)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Piper does the wolf whistle! :D
That's about the only "sound" he knows how to do....that and chirping. :p

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2003, 09:19 PM
cheeko new how to do the "wolf" whistle and the "calling dog" whistle.

Nibbles
11-15-2003, 10:57 AM
My in-laws had one that whistled "Dixie" and the wolf one too. He lived for about eighteen years. He would whisle the first line of Dixie. His name was Ruffles.