PDA

View Full Version : =(Mischief might be leaving us

Baby Leila
11-14-2003, 04:19 PM
I got home on Wednesday afternoon and found my baby boy Mischief passed out at our frontdoor. :( I ran over to him and picked him up. He was barely breathing. I rushed to the vet and they had no idea what it was wrong with him. He is now awake but still can hardly breathe. The vets fear that they might have to...to.......to.........*sniffs* to put him to sleep :( I have been by his side stroking his paw all everday since Wednesday but the vets said that I really needed to go home. I (and the vets) are really really scared that Mischief might be leaving us :( Mischief was such a people cat, he was soo sweet, gentle, and if you needed someone to comfort you he was there purring and rubbing against your face. But I *sniffs* might never have that again:(

Kirsten
11-14-2003, 04:23 PM
(((((((((Baby Leila)))))))))))

OMG, I'm so sorry!!!!!!! :( :( :( Wish I could say more to help. :(

And they have no idea what's wrong? Did they x-ray him? Maybe there's something with his lungs?

Again, I'm so very sorry!! :(

Kirsten

sirrahved
11-14-2003, 04:26 PM
*cries for you* I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a pet.

Kitty talker9203
11-14-2003, 04:30 PM
Oh my goodness dont feel bad I have had lots of animals die in my life its really hard to get over my cat lightning died and I still cry to day. So I will pray for you and of course your little kitty. :( :) Good Luck

PayItForward
11-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Sending Pet Talk Prayers to Mischief.

If he has held his own since Wednesday, isn't that a good sign ?

Hoping he pulls though and sending {hugs} to you, Leila

Baby Leila
11-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Thanks. Theytook x-rays and everything not a single thing was wrong and the first things they looked at were his lungs but they were almost perfect. THey checked everything about he and nothing was wrong. He was one of the heathiest cats they have ever seen*sighs* ive had Mischief ever since we moved to our new house. He was the only one out of a litter of 5 to live.:(

Craftlady
11-14-2003, 05:13 PM
Have they checked his blood for poisions, maybe he got into something he shouldn't of and that caused his breathing problems.

Kirsten
11-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Have they checked his blood for poisions, maybe he got into something he shouldn't of and that caused his breathing problems.

Good thought... he had also passed out when he was found... Maybe he had inhaled something?

Kirsten

PayItForward
11-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Baby Leila
Thanks. Theytook x-rays and everything not a single thing was wrong and the first things they looked at were his lungs but they were almost perfect. THey checked everything about he and nothing was wrong. He was one of the heathiest cats they have ever seen*sighs* ive had Mischief ever since we moved to our new house. He was the only one out of a litter of 5 to live.:(
Sounds like he is one very lucky cat.

Surely if nothing looks wrong and he is still with us after two days at the vets, he must have a chance of recovery ?

sirrahbed
11-14-2003, 06:32 PM
((((((((((((((Baby Leila))))))))))))))))))))

So very sorry to hear that Mischief is so sick. And how frustrating to NOT know why??? Please keep us up to date with how he is doing and take good care of yourself too. I am hoping he pulls through but nothing is certain. Everytime one of our pets die, I swear never to get another - but then look what we would miss and what THEY would miss. HUGS to you!

Steffi N
11-14-2003, 06:49 PM
I hope that Mischief pulls through this. That he has held on since Wednesday is reason to hope. Please keep us posted. {HUGS}

jenluckenbach
11-14-2003, 07:17 PM
I am so sorry to hear this bad news. Sending prayers that an answer will be found and a treatment successful.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-14-2003, 08:43 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! Poor Mischief. I'll be praying and sending positive thoughts your way. You get better now, you hear! Your mommy is very worried about you and she wants you home where you belong real soon.

Ramona
11-14-2003, 10:33 PM
I am so sorry! This must be so hard. DId they check the heart? Sounds like it could be heart related. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

CatDad
11-14-2003, 10:52 PM
I know how hard it is to come home and find you baby hurt.:(

{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and Mischief.

I am alao hoping that since he has held on for 2 days, that is hopefully a good sign.

You and Mischief will be in my prayers and thoughts.

krazyaboutkatz
11-14-2003, 10:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I sure hope that Mischief will pull through. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

trayi52
11-14-2003, 11:00 PM
I for one know the feeling of loss of a pet, and I know how worried and scared you are. As I have said, I am 50 years old and I have had a lot of pets in my time. From the time I was a little girl(long time ago), it does not get easier. I am hoping with all my heart that Mischief will be okay. Mischief sounds like a fighter and is really figting to stay with you. We will all keep our fingers crossed for you and Mischief. ((((hugs)))) to you and Mischief.

Willie

catmandu
11-15-2003, 09:52 AM
We are sending all the Prayers that we can to Mischief. As well as Headbumps , Nose Ruba and Kitty Kissies! And Love from the Found Cats Hotel!

Baby Leila
11-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Thanks for all the support. The vet called early this morning and said his breathing has improved greatlybut his legs are real weak and he can't stand up though. I guess all of your hope and prayers gave him some strength. They also said I could come by at 5pm and pick him up to go home!:)But he can't move around alot so I must keep him in a a small area where no other cats are allowed so I cleaned out my closet and made him a little bed with a big bowl of food and water. I let the door open but I have it blocked so I can look over and check on him. I'm so glad that all of your hope and prayers is making him well again! By the way they figured out what was wrong with him. They said that he had swallowed something but they couldnt figure out what it was. Soonce again thank you all for your prayers and hope!:)

sirrahbed
11-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Oh good news!!! So perhaps the object he swallowed is moving along now??? Might be interesting to watch his catbox and let us know what it was!! So glad he has improved! He has lived up to his name hasn't he?:D

Steffi N
11-15-2003, 11:16 AM
I am glad to hear that Mischief is better and will be coming home. Hopefully it will be only a short time before he is completely well.

catcrazylady
11-15-2003, 11:28 AM
I just read your post and I'm so glad to hear that Mischief is home and doing better! What wonderful newshttp://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif You can add us to the prayer list with prayers of a speedy and complete recovery! I know you must be so relieved!!

trayi52
11-15-2003, 11:30 AM
Baby Leila,
Maybe it will not be long, and the closet will not hold him anymore, as he will escape the block you have up, that would be a nice thought wouldn't it. I hope he trys to start escaping really soon and then you will know Mischief is back to being "Mischief". With your loving care he will get well a lot quicker. I am glad to hear that he is coming home today.

Kirsten
11-15-2003, 12:53 PM
Ohhh, that sounds like good news!! He's coming home and is doing better!

Hopefully he can get rid of whatever he has swallowed and recovers 100% - my best wishes to him for a speedy recovery!

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2003, 02:50 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Mischief is coming home and that the vet discovered what his problem was. :) Prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way for a speedy and full recovery. Please keep us updated.

CatDad
11-15-2003, 03:04 PM
I am so happy to here that the news is positive.

You and Mischief will still be in my thoughts and prayers.

Here's hoping for a speedy recover.:) Keep us updated.

PayItForward
11-15-2003, 03:59 PM
Great news that Mischief is coming home.

Sending prayers that he will continue to get better. :D