PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna PT meeting?

wolfsoul
11-14-2003, 10:25 AM
I know nobody will want to come...But please? :D Lol.

I was thinking that in the summer/early summer we could get together and go to this dog park in Kelowna . I've never been there, but apparently it's connected to a beach; really nice. If anyone doesn't know where Kelowna is...I can probably find a map. We're in the Okanagan...About 4 hours from Vancouver when taking the Cocohala (sp?).

I now know that there a quite a few people in the Lower Mainland...Anyone comin' this way in the summer? Any Washington people? :)

slick
11-14-2003, 10:42 AM
I might be able to make it if it's in June. I have to work around everyone else's holidays, so if my boss decides to take June off then it won't work for me. At least it's close enough that I could drive up and back on a weekend. I don't have a dog though...:( :(

wolfsoul
11-14-2003, 03:21 PM
I hope you can make it. :D Ashley said you're really cool lol. And you don't need a doggy! Jynnelle would be there, I'm sure she'd let you borrow one. ;)

slick
11-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Ashley said you're really cool lol.
Oh, I'm fattered. Like I said, I'm 51 going on 16 LOL:D :D

GoldenRetrLuver
11-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Aww I wish I could go. :( We are planning to go up to Canada this summer, but it's a VERY long way to drive from where we're going. :(
Hope you can get a meeting together. :)

wolfsoul
11-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by slick
Oh, I'm fattered. Like I said, I'm 51 going on 16 LOL:D :D
LOL :D

Julie -- where in Canada do you plan on going? BC is like...right above you lol.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-14-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Julie -- where in Canada do you plan on going? BC is like...right above you lol.

Ottawa. So, it's quite a ways to get to Kelowna. :(

wolfsoul
11-14-2003, 04:31 PM
lkshfkasf Ottawa?! Pfft that sucks lol. That's very far away; I hope you're taking a plane lol.

Anywhos I found this map...See, Kelowna is kinda in the corner there, to the right of Vancouver.

http://www.best-in-travel.com/maps/artwork/british%20columbia.gif

GoldenRetrLuver
11-14-2003, 04:56 PM
LOL! Yeah, we're taking a plane. :p
I asked my mom how far it would be to Vancouver from Ottawa, she said something like 3,000 miles?! :eek: And for Vancouver it's 4 hours to Kelowna...Oh well. :(
Good Luck with the meeting, one day I'll get out there and meet you guys! ;)

wolfsoul
11-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Lol, I think it's even farther than 3000 miles. ;)

binka_nugget
11-14-2003, 05:41 PM
I'll have to ask my mom if she'll want to drive me there *crosses fingers* I doubt it though. She hates driving me to school..I doubt she'll drive me to kelowna Lol. Maybe I'll take a greyhound or something.

wolfsoul
11-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Yes! you must come! lol

popcornbird
11-14-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
LOL! Yeah, we're taking a plane. :p
I asked my mom how far it would be to Vancouver from Ottawa, she said something like 3,000 miles?! :eek: And for Vancouver it's 4 hours to Kelowna...Oh well. :(
Good Luck with the meeting, one day I'll get out there and meet you guys! ;)

Well BC is about 1000 miles from CA, so you're 3 times closer to Kelowna from home! :D :p

GoldenRetrLuver
11-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Well BC is about 1000 miles from CA, so you're 3 times closer to Kelowna from home! :D :p

Oh, is that all?! :p
I still wouldn't be able to go, Lol. Someday...I WILL get over there! ;)

wolfsoul
11-14-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm going to tempt you all, hehehe...

http://www.kelownarealtor.ca/kelowna-300.jpg

Timber and I go there all the time. :D

CatDad
11-15-2003, 01:28 AM
I can't make any promises, but I could try to make a weekend out of it. I am not sre how far from seattle it is. I don't have a dog either, would you still allow me to come.

Let me know a date, and we will see. My work can tend to be rather hit and miss. I am taking next week off from work and I almost had to cancel because a hot project.

Like I said no promises, but we'll see.

BTW - Like the picture, it looks really pretty there.

wolfsoul
11-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Sure, you can come without a dog silly. :p

I'm trying right now to figure out how far Kelowna is from Seattle...I read that Armstrong is 300 miles from Seattle, and Armstrong is about an hour away from Kelowna, which means Kelowna would be closer...but I'm not sure if that is correct or not?

As for a date...anytime in the summer would be great lol. How about June 26th? That's the weekend after the weekend I get out of school. So I'll be pretty happy lol. Is everyone okay with the end of June?

tikeyas_mom
11-15-2003, 08:33 PM
mwahahaha I am going lol

wolfsoul
11-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Lol, that would suck if it was only us, hey Jynnelle? We could do that anytime lol.

Shelteez2
11-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Again, if I drove I wouldn't mind visiting, but I don't. But who knows, maybe by summer time next year?? Anything can happen right. :)

Also I noticed there is an obedience trial in Kelowna in May. So if I do get my act together, get a licence and car and what not (but don't hold your breath on that one) I might think about entering it, and some other trials in BC. Who knows.

binka_nugget
11-15-2003, 11:47 PM
*IF* I can save my money for a greyhound (or talk my mom into driving me there)...I might be able to come. If I end up taking the greyhound, I don't think I could bring Kai. He's too big to fit in a kennel under the seat. Kaedyn might be small enough though...

Shelteez2
11-15-2003, 11:56 PM
I wasn't aware that animals were allowed on the bus. And last time I was on a greyound bus I can't picture of where a kennel would fit under a seat.
It was my understanding that dogs had to ride under the bus, where the luggage goes. Of course I could be wrong, it's been known to happen a time or two ;)
As for saving money, it shouldn't be that much it was something like $75 round trip from here to Edmonton which is like 3 hours so.....

binka_nugget
11-16-2003, 12:07 AM
I can't remember if animals are allowed on..I was thinking maybe like what they do on airplanes. Someone told me that she flew with her papillon under her seat in a kennel sort thing but neither of my boys are the size of a papillon lol. I doubt I could bring either of them. Even if there was somewhere for them to be, four hours(+) is just way too much for my two boys to stay confined to a small area.

wolfsoul
11-16-2003, 01:04 AM
Animals are allowed on the bus, but they have to be kept in a kennel and I'm not sure where they go. I assume they put them with the luggage (under the floor).

I believe it is 60 something dollars for an adult to go from Van to Kelowna, but I checked the site and it couldn't come up with the fare.

Shelteez2
11-16-2003, 01:55 PM
I checked the site it says that a round trip fare (so from Van to Kelowna and back again) would be $119.52.
But if you purchase the tickets 7 days in advance then the fare is $85.60, and if you purchase it 14 days in advance the fare is $68.48, so certainly not hard to come up with that at all.

Now for me to come there from where I am it would be $101.65 if purchased 14 days in advance. Don't think I'll be coming by bus, LOL

Tweety_Pie
01-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Ottawa. So, it's quite a ways to get to Kelowna. :(

NO WAY! :D!!!! OMG! !!!!!!!

WHERE ARE YOU GOING IN OTTAWA!? I LIVE IN OTTAWA !!!! OMG!

G.P.girl
01-03-2004, 07:28 PM
how long would it take to walk from seattle??:(

GoldenRetrLuver
01-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Tweety_Pie
NO WAY! :D!!!! OMG! !!!!!!!

WHERE ARE YOU GOING IN OTTAWA!? I LIVE IN OTTAWA !!!! OMG!

Lol, Rideau Lakes. :) There's a cabin that my family owns over there, so we *MIGHT* go this summer.

Tweety_Pie
01-03-2004, 07:34 PM
awesome!

Tweety_Pie
01-03-2004, 07:45 PM
i'm going to try and talk to my mom tonight, because I REALLY want to go to a Pet Talk meeting :)

tikeyas_mom
01-14-2004, 01:23 AM
that would be so cool to meet you kelsey !!