PDA

View Full Version : Joe Boxer Brown *pic*

Tonya
11-14-2003, 07:45 AM
I finally got a hold of a picture of Joe Boxer Brown aka Sloppy Joe. This is my dad's dog. He is great.

My dad lost Bear (Rottie) and Zena (Husky) both in the same year. He was so devastated that he swore he'd never get a dog again.

Well, my step-mom agreed to babysit Joe. It was going to be long term because my cousin was gone in the military. I remember my dad being mad about it because he didn't want to ever get attached to a dog again. Well, they didn't have fences and they live out in the country. My dad had Joe tied up and he was trying his darndest to get someone else to watch him. All the while, my dad was falling in love. Well, Joe got loose and got hit by a car.

My dad spent $1000 saving him. Joe made such an impression on the vet that the vet called my dad and said if the owners don't come back for him, he wanted to keep him. To my step-mom's surprise, my dad told the vet no thank you, that he was going to ask my cousin if he could keep Joe. Anyways, my dad called my cousin and told him that Joe is officially his because he just spend money on him. My cousin was willing to give him up since he was overseas anyways. My cousin had rescued him as a puppy from the pound.

My dad immediatly fenced in his backyard for Joe. He lives on 1 acre, so Joe has lots and lots of running space.

Joe's favorite pastime is attacking the swings in the backyard and doing back flips trying to catch flies. He WILL NOT put his butt on the ground. If you tell him to sit, he keeps his bottom 2 inches off the ground. It's hilarious.

Well, here he is!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p471bdde53280418c3adbafd06b297d10/fa905b3a.jpg

Tonya
11-14-2003, 07:47 AM
By the way, my dad cooks for Joe everynight. Lmao.

robinh
11-14-2003, 07:57 AM
Beautiful baby. I can see why he got so attached with that face. Also sounds to me like your dad's a softie. Gotta love those softies.

I have one at home. He has a real hard time letting go once he falls in love with a furbaby. I will admit I have used it to my advantage at least once or twice.
:o

ChrisH
11-14-2003, 08:02 AM
Aww, what a lovely boy!:) Great picture and story, thanks for sharing.:D

DogLover9501
11-14-2003, 08:20 AM
Ohhhh how cute!!!

dukedogsmom
11-14-2003, 11:39 AM
What a sweet dog! When Duke could still eat people food, my dad would cook him extra hamburger meat when we had it.

My Peanuts
11-14-2003, 01:43 PM
He's so cute! Your dad sounds like my dad...He tries to be tough, but he's a big softy for anything with four legs!:p

ticosmyham
11-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Oh my gosh, I LOVE boxers!! What a BEAUTIFUL dog!!! Such a wonderful color!

And my brother's boxer, Apollo, also keeps his butt hoovering above the ground! lol Such cuites.

tatsxxx11
11-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Awww, sniff, sniff!:) Sloppy Joe, you're one awesome, handsome Boxer boy! No wonder you won over your Daddy's heart...brings tears to my eyes! What a beautiful story of a dog and his man:) Your Dad's one very special guy and so lucky to have given his heart over to this very special pup named Joe Boxer Brown!!:)