PDA

View Full Version : Christmas cards 2003 -it starts working!

Barbara
11-14-2003, 05:12 AM
I got a special card yesterday from Bahrain:D :D :D
Won't tell you what was on it!

Julie, you are the top Christmas card organisation purrson:)

I am working on my project but didn't start anything yet.

micki76
11-14-2003, 08:20 AM
Already???? Wow!! :eek: I'm totally impressed!

*feels so unorganized* :p

robinh
11-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Geez! I'm organized, but I just got my dumb cards yesterday.

Wanted something specific - was looking for cute, but had to settle for what I could find. They are silly, but you'll all get one.

11-14-2003, 10:11 AM
LOL! I got my first card already too :eek: !!! Thanks Julie!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-14-2003, 10:21 AM
What was it, two weeks ago now? that Julie posted a pic of Connor all tuckered out after "helping" with the cards. The cards were in the pic, all in envelopes addressed and sealed. I knew then I better get on it. ;) :D

I've got the cards and the kitty photo session is done. Didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but when you've got one that only wants to sleep, and one that can't stand being next to the other one, much less having her picture taken next to the other one....well...you take the best pic you can get before they both mutiny and leave the scene. :rolleyes: ;)

So all I have to do is put it all together, which I was hoping to do this weekend.......we'll see.....;) :D

slick
11-14-2003, 10:26 AM
You guys are so talented. Because I'm very artistically challenged, you'all are getting bought cards. Besides I don't have a dig camera and my cats don't "pose" so what's the point.

They'll be in the mail first week of December. (Yeah, that's what I say to all my creditors...)

Edwina's Secretary
11-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Edwina! Eddie! Get in here! We're behind! Now where did I put the nativity scene outfits????:D :D :D

micki76
11-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I've got the cards and the kitty photo session is done. Didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but when you've got one that only wants to sleep, and one that can't stand being next to the other one, much less having her picture taken next to the other one....well...you take the best pic you can get before they both mutiny and leave the scene. :rolleyes: ;)

Ditto, only with dogs. :D

lovemyshiba
11-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Ack!!!
I'm thinking of doing their photo session this weekend, actually I've been thinking about it all week, but getting the 4 of them together might be a joke!!!! I'm waiting to buy cards, because there are a few that I like, some specifically made for photos, and if I can't get their pictures right, I won't be buying those ones:rolleyes:
I better get moving!!!!!!

catland
11-14-2003, 12:02 PM
arrgghh - confession time here. I'll probably be sending out cards that I bought last year after the holidays at the close-out sales.

What can I say, they were 75% off!:eek: :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by catland
arrgghh - confession time here. I'll probably be sending out cards that I bought last year after the holidays at the close-out sales.

What can I say, they were 75% off!:eek: :)

No problem! Had I known I was going to participate this year I would have done the same. Buying 20 or so cards for family and friends is no problem, but when you're talking 60 of them! :eek: :eek: ;) :D

Barbara
11-14-2003, 05:14 PM
Don't ask what the stamps to the US cost:eek: :eek:
I didn't know that before I signed in - typical for me ;)

Cincy'sMom
11-15-2003, 04:08 PM
We have a picture sitting at 1:30 tomorrow. It is a start anyway....

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

So all I have to do is put it all together, which I was hoping to do this weekend.......we'll see.....;) :D
That's what Adobe Photoshop is for.:) I've just learned the basics so now I can get all 4 cats in one pic at the same time. I haven't even started creating my Christmas pic yet. I'm so behind.:eek:

micki76
11-15-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
That's what Adobe Photoshop is for.:) I've just learned the basics so now I can get all 4 cats in one pic at the same time. I haven't even started creating my Christmas pic yet. I'm so behind.:eek:

LOL I'm still trying to learn the basics! :D I don't think I'll get it figured out in time. :(

wolf_Q
11-15-2003, 09:43 PM
I have my card pic (yay my digital cam is back! :D ) but now I have to figure out how to print them on an abnormal sized paper....

Felicia's Mom
11-15-2003, 10:07 PM
My pictures were supposed to be done yesterday (Fri.).

When I got to the photo store, the pictures were not done because they didn't know how many I wanted done. ( I know I said how many I wanted; they figured what the price was going to be for me). I took the day off work just to pick them up.

Then I was told to come back today, (Sat). Today, they were not done either. This time the machine was down.

Now, I am to go back next Wednesday.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-16-2003, 01:12 AM
Lut & Barbara, I am so glad your cards arrived safely! Hope you liked them ;) I was worried about post to Europe being slow, so I mailed all my "Non-USA" ones out early. The USA ones will be heading out towards the end of November!

anna_66
11-16-2003, 08:46 AM
We're working on ours. I had bought a pack of 8 from a school girl (they are just sooo cute!), but I'm in the process of making the rest (hmmm....only about 40 more to go:eek: ). I need to get a move on!

Kfamr
11-16-2003, 11:16 AM
I haven't even recieved the list yet. :confused:

captain
11-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Julie,

Your card arrived today in the postbox (my husband phoned to ask who I know in Bahrain!!!). Can't WAIT to get home .....

Mine are all done, and after reading what you are all doing, I think I will def. have to try harder next year ...... and I thought I had done so well. :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, hanging out for the rest. Mine will be posted this week - to MAKE SURE you get them!!!

KayAnn - don't worry. The revised list is coming out on the 25th November (I read that somewhere)

Cheshirekatt
11-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Yep, store bought cards from me and my kids! :)

Although, I do have them all done and will get the international ones into the mail tomorrow.

:D

micki76
11-16-2003, 10:16 PM
I was wondering how much extra time the overseas cards would need to arrive at a reasonable date. Anyone know?

Miss Meow
11-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I was wondering how much extra time the overseas cards would need to arrive at a reasonable date. Anyone know?

It takes 7-10 working days most of the year, and longer before the Christmas period. I think the US Postal chappies said to have overseas mail out by 1 December to ensure it reaches its destination by Christmas.

micki76
11-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Thanks Nicole! They'll hopefully be ready to go any day now. :)

CathyBogart
11-16-2003, 11:09 PM
Yipes! *looks at half-finished stack of cards* I'd better get cracking!!

lynnestankard
11-17-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
It takes 7-10 working days most of the year, and longer before the Christmas period. I think the US Postal chappies said to have overseas mail out by 1 December to ensure it reaches its destination by Christmas.

...................aggggghhhhhh................... .not enough time...................running late as usual...................must - get - cards - made!!

I've finished about 30 and decided I had lots of time!!! Bad thinking - better get back to the drawing board (as I call the kitchen table!!) and get my a&% into gear.

Don't hold your breath out there - but I'm determined to get PICS of the Three Musketeers in this year!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lynne

Oh - PS - Thanks again Julie for being the first card of the year!

Miss Meow
11-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Julie, thanks for the card (and a little piece of the East ;)) :D