PDA

View Full Version : Another "Golden" Rescue Story

Logan
11-01-2001, 07:14 PM
If you all get tired of my "golden" rescues, you just need to tell me so I will shut up. But in the meantime, I want to share another story with you.

Day before yesterday, my friend, Betty, who I have met in person, assisted with transporting of rescued dogs, and my friend, who I visited at the beach a couple of weeks ago, posted a message about "idiots" on the Golden Retriever website. She showed us a picture of a beautiful Golden Boy, who was saved from the pound, but all Golden Rescues were filled, and she didn't know what to do. I immediately spoke up and said I would foster (God forbid, even considered adopting him for a little while), transport, whatever she needed me to do. A short while later, on the GR board, a message showed up from a lady in Richmond, VA....she lost her precious Golden to disease this past year, and she has been searching for a rescue since then. Betty posted shortly after her original post that Quanzhan, a long time member of the GR board had contacted her and was headed down TODAY to pick up that boy.....

I'll let Betty take it from here......
http://communities.msn.com/Go ldenRetriever/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=62431&LastModified=4675345090650445153&all_topics=1 (http://communities.msn.com/GoldenRetriever/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=62431&LastModified=4675345090650445153&all_topics=1)

If you read her post, you will know why I still have tears running down my face......this is what rescue is all about. There are many angels,in the form of Betty, Aly, Mugsy, 3 Greys, Staci, Sandra, Thelmalu, (please don't be offended if I didn't mention your name....I love you all)and on and on and on........

I bless each one of you, sincerely.

Logan

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

jackiesdaisy1935
11-01-2001, 09:14 PM
Oh Logan, I love to hear your stories, I would never get tired of them. It's the kind of stories I like to hear. Another sweet boy getting a wonderful Mom and a new home. I have to say the Golden people are wonderful and work so hard to get homes for all those poor Goldens who don't have one. They must be wonderful people who really do care just as you do.
Jackie

zippy-kat
11-01-2001, 10:15 PM
He is GORGEOUS!

Logan
11-01-2001, 10:35 PM
Turns out that he is heartworm postitive, but definitely curable.....just chalk one more Golden up to the "saved" catagory....

It certainly does my heart good to know that these precious "kids" find the right home, where they can be taken care of properly.

Thanks for caring, Jackie and Tonya. It means a lot

aly
11-02-2001, 12:07 AM
Logan, you have got me in tears too. Even though I cry, these stories warm my heart soooo much and I hope you never stop posting them. It does me good after seeing all the poor homeless faces at the shelter all day to come home and read that a sweet fur baby has found a forever home.

Thank you so much Logan, and all your Golden friends seem so wonderful. Staci has shown me a few posts and pictures from that site and all the dogs and people are just beautiful.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-02-2001, 08:16 AM
Quanzhan will probably discover the same thing that most of us who have done rescue find: that it's not just the dog that gets rescued! :D Most rescue dogs become so devoted, so appreciative of their new home and their family. Just ask Aly's Lolly! I'm glad that Quanzhan took this route, and chose a dog who really needed her right now.

People who know the plight of retired racing greyhounds stop us when we are out with the dogs (sometimes when they are driving their cars they pull over - yikes! :eek: ) Strangers thank us for rescuing, and tell us "God Bless You" all the time! It always makes me want to laugh, though, because I've already been blessed, simply by finding these 4 wonderful dogs to share my life with!

zippy-kat
11-02-2001, 08:39 AM
Miz Logan...

Per your request, (ok...so I really didn't need convincing! lol) I have joined the golden board! Can't wait to meet some of the wonderful people I've heard about!

Dixieland Dancer
11-02-2001, 09:19 AM
Oh Dear Logan, We could never get bored or tired of your rescue stories. Anyone who doesn't get moved by these kind of stories has a cold cold heart! :(

I can't imagine why anyone would shave this poor boys legs like that but it definitely looks like some kind of abuse. :mad: It is nice to know he will never have to be abused again in his new loving home. I can picture him just loving and pleasing Quanhzan for being his savior. What a GOLDEN story and thanks for sharing it! :D

AdoreMyDogs
11-02-2001, 11:47 AM
Logan, that is such a heartwarming story. I absolutely love hearing your golden rescue stories, and that is one gorgeous golden boy! What a lucky new mom he has, I'd take him in a heartbeat!!!

It was hard to see his shaved legs, I have no idea why someone would do that, and I don't want to know why because I am sure it's not good.

Thanks again for the heartwarming story. I know he and his new mom will grow to be best friends.

Albea
11-02-2001, 12:42 PM
Thank you Logan for posting that story. Once more, a beautiful rescue and a gorgeous Golden boy who has a second chance at a happy life :) Doing the work I do for Yankee Golden Retriver Rescue, I hear of so many dogs who had been abandoned or abused that my opinion of the human race is very low. On the other hand, I also hear about all the wonderful people who adopt them and give them a loving, forever home, no matter how old or sick they are. So, I suppose there is always hope for as long as there are people like you, and all the members of this board, who have taken animals from shelters and given them the love they deserve.
I hope the heartworm treatment goes well and he has a long and healthy life with his new mom.

purrley
11-02-2001, 12:57 PM
I just know in a few months that Golden is definately going to be a knock out - keep us posted with new pictures as he fills out to be the most gorgeous dog that he was meant to be. :)

Logan
11-02-2001, 01:25 PM
Oh good, Tonya!!! I would tell ALL of you, even if you're not Golden Retriever owners, to PLEASE join us over at that community, even if you just read. There is a "JOIN US" page right there.

Thought you might enjoy the new mom's update on Zack.......that's his name now. Bless her heart...I think he has definitely found his "forever" home.

The Kleenex box is permanently installed right by my computer now. :)
http://communities.msn.com/GoldenRetriever/poetrybyus.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=62564&LastModified=4675345194519562009&all_topics=1

tatsxxx11
11-02-2001, 05:16 PM
Oh Logan...WHO could ever tire of your beautiful golden stories and your beautiful, golden heart :) Even though I know that reading these tales will send me running for the tissues, they do, afterall, reaffirm ones' faith in others, and in our unshakeable love and admiration for these ever giving, most deserving, always loving creatures. I can't wait to read Quanzhan's update tomorrow. Personally, he'd be sleeping with me tonight, no matter no bath, no matter how stinky! :D And what a great vet to be open so late as to accomodate a visit! Yea!!! What a beautiful, precious boy. Thank you Logan!!

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

sammi
11-02-2001, 08:42 PM
Never ever tire of a rescue story! Thank you for sharing it with us.

aly
11-02-2001, 09:48 PM
Logan, what a beautiful update. Thanks for telling us!

I think I'll try to join that community, but am not sure if I'll have time to post there. I'll probably just drool over the pictures and try to keep up on some posts.

Sudilar
11-02-2001, 09:55 PM
I just love successful rescue stories!!!! Keep em coming!

Logan
11-03-2001, 06:53 AM
Aly, you will be in good company! ZippyKat, Staci, myself, Golden Smiles, daisyjeanne, and probably some others (Albea?, Dixieland?) are all over there. :D :D

And of course you don't have to post! Just browsing is fun to me.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the story of Zack....that's the new name. :)