PDA

View Full Version : Must read for us bunny folk

subwayseries
11-13-2003, 04:43 PM
I was organizing the office and found my old copy of Watership Down . I'm reading it again. What a great book.

If you haven't read it, it was a NY Times bestseller in the early '70s. Great reading for anyone, and a must read for any rabbit owner. You will never forget these rabbits.

cali
11-13-2003, 07:04 PM
I used to watch the series all the time when it came on, its a great story, but the music on the show was just to depressing:( otherwise it is a really awsome story!

subwayseries
11-13-2003, 07:41 PM
I didn't realize it was also a show. The book is very well written. :)

slick
11-13-2003, 07:49 PM
OMG I've read that book a thousand times and seen it on TV. I finally got so addicted that I ordered a copy on VHS. Then as my addiction grew stronger, I downloaded the song "Bright Eyes" from the internet and now have it on CD and listen to it in the car. A very powerful story!!

G.P.girl
11-13-2003, 10:53 PM
i saw the movie but i didn't like that they made some of the bunnies look so mean!

Daisylover
11-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Unfortunately some bunnies ARE mean.....usually because they've been mistreated or had a traumatic experience. It's always a 50-50 deal if you take on a mean one to get him resocialized and calmed down but it does happen. :( It's just too bad the animal was mistreated in the first place.

Heather Wallace
11-14-2003, 10:10 AM
I found the film to sad, maybe now I am older I could retry it.

subwayseries
11-14-2003, 01:56 PM
I did't know it was a movie or a series. I saw a clip from the series. They might be very good projects, but they're very different from the book.

Animated animals are expected to talk. Shows have background music to support the story and entertain. Animation is safe, and works for small children.

The book has real rabbits that communicate. There's no background music in a real field. In the book, when Fiver is running for his life, it's a real rabbit, and the real threat sends your heart racing.

If you haven't read the book, forget any connection with the series or the movie. The NY Times called it "The best animal book ever written".

Here's a link to a site that shows photos of the actual places the book was based on. http://www.mayfieldiow.freewire.co.uk/watershp/

Enjoy :)