PDA

View Full Version : Randi's legacy

Princess_Snow
11-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone! I just want to update you on what's new with Didi's mom. I am feeling so much better now. It's been 5 weeks since Randi went to the bridge and although I still cry every now and then I am feeling much better. Anyway, I think I have disinfected the whole house with bleach and pine sol... I did this 3 times, with the walls , floors, ceiling. So last week I figured, I am ready to have cats back in the house. The timing was also good since the cat trap I bought online just arrived 2 weeks ago.

My first rescue is a torti kitten from work. She is the 3rd kitten I brought home... Remember the first 2 escaped. This time I am very cautious to close all the windows in her room so she can't escape. She is however very feral and I have a lot of work ahead of me.

My next rescues are Randi's kitty siblings(I'm guessing mama cat is Randi's mom too) They disappeared a month ago when the mom cat hid there somewhere else so imagine my surprise when I saw them hanging out with the big cats when I went to feed them. So to make the story short I went from catless to 3 kitties in 4 days! I called my vet and he said they're not old enought to have shots yet. So I am now gonna have my 2 older females spayed first.

Please pray that I catch the 2 females to finally stop them from having more kitties. As for the kittens , I only pray that nothing bad happens to them before they are old enough to have shots.
By the way, I can not take anymore cats right now as we are in an honest to goodness tight budget.... We don't even have a stove and furniture yet! So the big cats are staying in their home right now which is at a commercial/residential backyard. It's not really that bad. Wish me luck! I'll post their pictures soon!

Princess_Snow
11-13-2003, 04:32 PM
i hope to catch randi's sister to have her spayed... she's packing on some pounds so im not sure if shes pregnant or just getting fat

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p0545291b731bf4a2f99fdaf49afacc0c/fa9168d3.jpg

Princess_Snow
11-13-2003, 04:35 PM
this is one of the kitties i caught... he/she is bigger now but still has the same innocent look

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/pd9673c880456eca627c3143ecf3f3443/fa9168d5.jpg

RedHedd
11-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Oh what a sweet little kitten face! and congrats on the almost instant re-catting of your home. Do keep us posted on the progress and, of course, pictures! :)

Cataholic
11-13-2003, 06:14 PM
How wonderful to hear of "Randi's Legacy". Your good work won't go unnoticed! Hugs to you from all the cat lovers.

kuhio98
11-13-2003, 07:01 PM
I sent you a PM.

moosmom
11-13-2003, 10:05 PM
Princess_Snow

What a wonderful job you are doing!!! BTW, I'll be dollars to donuts the kitty you showed is a female. MOST are, with an exceptional few.

I hope you are able to trap the rest of them. It takes alot of patience and love to socialize the feral cat. But in the end, it's worth it. You know you've done your job when the once "feral" cat actually jumps up to put his head in your hand to be petted.

The young ones will be easy to socialize. It's the older, more seasoned feral that is tough. But it is SO worth it!!

Good luck and PLEASE keep us posted.