PDA

View Full Version : Great news for my dad!!!

luckies4me
11-13-2003, 01:24 PM
My dad has been excepted into an oxygen tank program at another hospital near his home. He will be going to the hospital 5 days a week, and spend 2 hours a day in the tank, for 20 weeks. We are hoping that this will heal his legs, and they say that because he is breathing pure oxygen it should help his legs heal. So please everyone send a prayer that this will be the treatment that will heal my fathers legs, and give him at least a few more years to keep his legs.

There is one thing I REALLY need prayers for and that is for my father to stop smoking. IF, my father is caught smoking during this program he will be kicked out is what the doctor said, so please everyone prayer for my dad to have enough strength to not smoke. He really can't afford to.

Thanks everyone! :)

moosmom
11-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Luckies4me,

IF your father DOES smoke while on oxygen, I'm afraid the hospital won't be ABLE to kick him out, as oxygen is HIGHLY flammable and will blow up the entire place in a nanosecond!!

I too hope your Dad stops smoking. He'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

I LOVE your avatar, BTW :D

luckies4me
11-13-2003, 02:48 PM
lol I mean not while on the oxygen, but like when he's at home lol. I know it's flammable, hehe. :p Lets hope he's smarter than that! :D

Aww, so glad you like my avitar. :D

dukedogsmom
11-13-2003, 07:10 PM
My father smoked from 16-about 63. He had to go to the cancer place every few months because he had too many red blood cells. Some rare disease. So, I hope your dad gets all the strength he needs to conquer this horrible addiction. And, I hope that funny pic contest cheers you up :)

CatDad
11-13-2003, 07:15 PM
I am really happy to her that your dad got into the program.

I'll pray for him that it will work and that he he can stop smoking also.:)