PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #28 - there's no place like home.

catland
11-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Well, its time to open the bar now that we're done with our whirlwind trip on the Concorde.

I'll start brewing the catnip tea for mo-mo-f and I'll see what kind of leftovers are in the pantry after that great clam bake on the east coast.

Any DOTD suggestions?

gini
11-13-2003, 10:54 AM
I think there are a bunch of people still at Sandra's celebrating #27.

Some are having tea, some are walking the dogs and some are eating stuffed french toast. (that's how I feel, a stuffed french toast).

Be patient, everyone will catch up to this new week pretty soon.:)

2kitties
11-13-2003, 11:09 AM
Well, I'm finally feeling human again after the sinus cold extravaganza. But I think I will stick with the vegetable group today. How about a nice spicy bloody mary to start off my weekend?

catland
11-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by gini
I think there are a bunch of people still at Sandra's celebrating #27. ...

Be patient, everyone will catch up to this new week pretty soon.:)

I'm sure they'll start straggling in soon. I just remember that there were some people who couldn't go on the trip so I figured I should get down here and open the place up for business.:)

2K - one SBM - done.

mugsy
11-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Something lo-cal....I missed #27 completely and am too lazy to go back and read it, so...I'll just post on this one!

gini
11-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Mugsy, why lo-cal? Heck, this is Thursdays, you can have whatever you want and it will never hit your waistline or hips.

RICHARD
11-13-2003, 12:07 PM
lol

i think I need to get everyone home....
so i'll be splitting time between this thread and #27...

catland
11-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
lol

i think I need to get everyone home....
so i'll be splitting time between this thread and #27...

just leave me the keys to the cash register.;)

RICHARD
11-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by catland
just leave me the keys to the cash register.;)

you got it.......THANKS!!

There's no place like home for the Holidays

and apologies to all the people we missed....
I do have an idea for a separate travel thread!!!

let's toss that idea about!

Corinna
11-13-2003, 01:16 PM
I vote for a travel thread I'm having soo much fun!!!! IDON"T WANT TO GO HOME.

gini
11-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I vote for a travel thread I'm having soo much fun!!!! IDON"T WANT TO GO HOME.

The beauty of Thursdays is that you don't have to (go home).

I think if we encourage Richard he will have us globetrotting.........seeing new sights - eating new foods - and drinking whatever the locals are having.

luckies4me
11-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much but life has been really busy for me lately. :)

As far as a drink, how about some nice mint tea? Is anyone cooking? It's 11:33 here and I still haven't had breakfast. Been cleaning all day, bleck! :rolleyes:

luckies4me
11-13-2003, 01:32 PM
The reason I ask for hot tea is because our heater is broken, has been for about a week and it's 56 degrees in here and we are all freezing! :eek:

catland
11-13-2003, 01:58 PM
L4M - One Hot Tea coming up. I'll throw in a hot-water bottle to keep you warm.

Stay bundled up. Make sure you're wearing a scarf or a hat, it will help keep you warmer. I hope Dylan is ok:eek:

Miss Meow
11-13-2003, 02:21 PM
I've just come home from the work trip from hell, so a big cold glass of anything, please! :D

slick
11-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Hey guys.....boy what a trip!!! I'm exhausted and need some sleep. Gini and I stayed up wayyyy too late night.

But before I close my weary eyes, can I have a Spanish Coffee please?? That'll warm me up and knock me down.

luckies4me
11-13-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by catland
L4M - One Hot Tea coming up. I'll throw in a hot-water bottle to keep you warm.

Stay bundled up. Make sure you're wearing a scarf or a hat, it will help keep you warmer. I hope Dylan is ok:eek:

We are in the process of getting it fixed right now. It needs a new motor so hopefully tonight we will have some hot air! Thanks for the hot water, I needed it!

Yes Dylan is fine. I have him in one of those clothed feet baby jumper thingys, and we've been cuddling all day on the couch with a big fuzzy blanket. Right now we are eating waffles! :D

Thanks so much for the tea, but I might come back for a refill. ;)

2kitties
11-13-2003, 02:55 PM
So, bartenders, what do you know about catnip. I'm not much for drugs, myself, but I love what the kitty's look like when they're on the nip. Got any people-nip?

luckies4me
11-13-2003, 02:55 PM
OMGoodness! Look at my posts! :eek: :eek: :eek: I am at 4,000 already! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-13-2003, 02:57 PM
The cat kids are ready for their cat nip tea now, please. I'd like the biggest cherry vanilla coke you can rustle up too!

slick
11-13-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
OMGoodness! Look at my posts! :eek: :eek: :eek: I am at 4,000 already! :D
OMG I didn't notice. CONGRATULATIONS!! Richard, a drink on the house please for my friend here.

mugsy
11-13-2003, 03:13 PM
You guys post way too fast for these old eyes to keep up. Gini....I'm on Weight Watchers and don't want to blow it, therefore the lo-cal.:)

luckies4me
11-13-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by slick
OMG I didn't notice. CONGRATULATIONS!! Richard, a drink on the house please for my friend here.

Whoo hoo, a free drink! :D

I think my birthday falls on a Thursday too, wonder what will happen then. :p :D

catland
11-13-2003, 03:28 PM
ohmygoodnessi'mfallingbehindhere

Miss Meow - one big cold glass of "Thursday surprise"

2k - no people nip for you - we're not that kind of a bar, can I recommend a nice brandy instead?

l4M - CONGRATS :D :D :D :D

mo-mo-f - catnip tea is ready, and one CVC for you.

Mugsy - all my drinks here are very lo-cal, but in the spirit of things, here's a diet Pepsi.:)

DONE

RICHARD
11-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Thank you catland for pitching in today!!!!

I'm still circling the greater new york area waiting for a sign.......

Congrats
L4M!!!!!

Thank goodness for cell phone technology.

RICHARD
11-13-2003, 04:48 PM
LOOK WHO'S BACK....

wow, it sure feels good to be home.....

So what did I miss?

;)

slick
11-13-2003, 05:15 PM
**yawn**

Hi everyone. Boy what a nap I just had. The Spanish Coffee Catland fixed for me must have had something "special" in it. I swear I just can't stay up late anymore. All that food and drink and partying this last week has taken it out of me.

I don't know what you missed Richard, but how about I buy you a DOTD for being a great pilot.

Hello, bartender. Are you there??? You got a couple of parched patrons here.....

Corinna
11-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Boy what a week it's been. Merlin is so tired from that walk with the lively cody and star. I guess I better start house keeping 2 men alone for a week what a mess .

Miss Meow
11-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Catland, thanks for the Thursday Surprise! I won't even ask what's in it :)

Cass, congrats on 4,000!

Oh, Richard, you're back. I heard you were busy putting a used Concorde for auction on e-bay. You may need to get it washed and cleaned before you take the photos ;)

RICHARD
11-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Catland, thanks for the Thursday Surprise! I won't even ask what's in it :)

Cass, congrats on 4,000!

Oh, Richard, you're back. I heard you were busy putting a used Concorde for auction on e-bay. You may need to get it washed and cleaned before you take the photos ;)
welcome back...

lol, I have an idea for a lease on the concorde.....I'd like to start a travel thread..it may come in handy!!!!

gini
11-13-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
welcome back...

lol, I have an idea for a lease on the concorde.....I'd like to start a travel thread..it may come in handy!!!!

Please make checks payable to Richard. The first installment of $3,000.00 is due prior to Thanksgiving.:D :D (that's each).

G.P.girl
11-13-2003, 10:50 PM
OMG u guys!:eek: i fell asleep when i got home (4:00) and just woke up not long ago ( 7:00)and i toally missed whats going on!! i'm still alittle groggy i need coffee you guys...*yawn*

KYS
11-14-2003, 07:00 AM
luckies4me, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Richard pleeze do something with the Concord,
(if you can find parts for it!)
So sad, the Concord had to be retired!!
Not that I could ever afford to fly in the
darn thing anyway. lol
Hot Chocolate for me this morning, pleeze. :)

lbaker
11-14-2003, 08:03 AM
2kitties, if you want people-nip you'll have to wait until the next global Concord trip and stop off in Amsterdam :o :eek: Sorry I'm late, I guess I'll make up for it by fixing myself a double and starting some chow. I have WAY too much "real work" waiting for me here at the office so I'll be in & out today. BossLady isn't in today so maybe I can get some of my own work actually done :rolleyes: By the way, my cats looooved the leftover lobster (and butter of course) and want me to thank everyone involved.

amoore
11-14-2003, 08:46 AM
Did some one request a mint tea ? I have all kinds of fresh dried herbs I grew myself ! I will fix you one Luckies4me !
Anyone else like an herb tea ? Richard can spike it for you ,if you like .:)

slick
11-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by amoore
Did some one request a mint tea ? I have all kinds of fresh dried herbs I grew myself ! Anyone else like an herb tea ?

Hi C: Yes I'd love some mint tea. **wipes sleep from eyes** The West coast is finally waking up. Skies are clear and I'm going to meet a friend at the beach and take her 2 dogs for a walk. I'm so excited because I'm meeting the dogs for the first time. Better remember to take some home-made doggie treats.

I just checked my bank balance and I have got a couple hundred dollars saved up already for the July/04 CA PT BBQ. Look out California here I come :D :D Richard, where's that map to the stars' houses??

lbaker
11-14-2003, 10:05 AM
Slick, we'll give you a map to Gini's house. After a few of Richard's special slushies I guarantee you'll see stars :eek: :D :D

gini
11-14-2003, 10:05 AM
Slick, I thought you were coming to Hollywood to meet US.......not movie stars!

Oh, alright, guess we gotta go out and get you a map!

At the first of the year I thought I would put a date in stone so everyone could start planning and hopefully make it in 2004.

It will be towards the end of July, 2004.

Richard, that gives us a good six months to clean the place up........dump the trash etc.

slick
11-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
Slick, we'll give you a map to Gini's house. After a few of Richard's special slushies I guarantee you'll see stars :eek: :D :D
ROFLMAO!!! :D :D :D Never thought about that. I guess I should bring my blankie and pillow just in case I don't make it to Dollywood.....

Gini, I think you should re-cement your sidewalk when we all gather so we can imprint our hands. How cool would that be????

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-14-2003, 10:25 AM
At the first of the year I thought I would put a date in stone so everyone could start planning and hopefully make it in 2004.

Oh drat!! We will be in Palm Desert at the Emerald Isle (?) Resort from about May 3rd to the 8th for a motorhome rally. I know since we'll be there in May I'm not going to be able to be back in July - drat! :(

amoore
11-14-2003, 11:16 AM
ok mint tea it is !:D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-14-2003, 12:16 PM
BURR!!!
Cold and very windy here today. Could I have a hot chocolate with three big fat marshmallows??? and a cinnamon roll?:D

catland
11-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
BURR!!!
Cold and very windy here today. Could I have a hot chocolate with three big fat marshmallows??? and a cinnamon roll?:D

I've never heard of putting a cinnamon roll in hot chocolate before but I'm here to please. DONE;)

GPG - did you get your coffee yet? If not I'll grind some beans and get you some.

KYS - hot coco hold the cinnamon roll - DONE.

lb - you gave leftover lobster to the CAT? What next, caviar kitty treats:p (here on the west coast lobster is very expensive:eek: )

amoore - I'm not much of a mint tea gal but I'm sure there will be some takers.

Me, I think I'll have one of those spicy bloody mary's that sound so good on a Friday.

lbaker
11-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Catland, if I ever found myself with a tin of caviar you're durn tootin' I'd feed it to the cats. Nasty, yucky stuff those icky fishy eggs. Actually, when it comes to crab or lobster I just give them the guts - not the good stuff ;) My RB cat Sarah Jane would start to quiver with excitement when she realized we were going to have a crab feast just knowing some of the guts were going to be flung her way :eek: :p Well the sun's over the yard-arm and those bloodies are extra good this afternoon - some like it hot & I'm one of them ;)

RICHARD
11-14-2003, 02:03 PM
Hi guys,
I'm in a funky mood today....

more drama for my mama, sheesh, I do live in interesting times!!!

thanks for keeping the pub going....i have been cruising the other threads to keep up...

star maps, hot chocolate, caviar and fish...

that's what makes Thursdays special!!!!!!!1111

slick
11-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Ok guys, I've been out walking dogs and I'm all sandy and slobbery.........even got sand in my ears....

I've been eating too much rich food lately. I'll take a Caesar Salad topped with shrimp and a Bloody Mary, shaken, not stirred.

Laurie: I'm with you on the fishie eggs. Yuck!!!!! I guess I'll never have expensive taste.

Catland: I think you deserve your own apron for all the bartending you do now. Richard, you've got competition.

MOFF: Aren't the mini marshmellows better in hot chocolate?? You can fit more in that way.:D :D

Richard: remember this "Won't you take me to Funky Town"??

"Get down....."

gini
11-14-2003, 04:59 PM
I think that we need to come up with a drink called "Funky Mood" in Richard's honor.

Anyone have any good ideas for ingredients?

MOFF, yeah, three big marshmallows get in the way when you try to drink the chocolate. But the little ones you can just push aside with your lips and get to the chocolate and then have a gooey, gummy mess for the very last.......yum!

Geeze, the woman can't even have her hot chocolate the way she wants it - without all of us telling her how to do it.

Catland, great job - thank you!

Fish eggs - well I brought some back from Turkey on ice for a friend a few years back. They were Russian - fresh. She told me that she died and went to heaven. I took her at her word.

Laurie, really happy to see you here bantering about.........give Jenny a big smacker from all of us - we are pulling for her!

RICHARD
11-14-2003, 05:04 PM

Richard: remember this "Won't you take me to Funky Town"??

"Get down....."

you don't want me to dance.

;)

next week will be alot better......

momoffuzzyfaces
11-14-2003, 05:26 PM

MOFF, yeah, three big marshmallows get in the way when you try to drink the chocolate. But the little ones you can just push aside with your lips and get to the chocolate and then have a gooey, gummy mess for the very last.......yum!

Geeze, the woman can't even have her hot chocolate the way she wants it - without all of us telling her how to do it.
:D The same thought crossed my mind! I like big marshmallows for hot chocolate because the little ones all melt too fast and hide in the chocolate (or I eat them). I keep the small ones for snacking on. The cats like them too and it's such a hoot to watch them get the marshmallows all sticky. The marshmallows then stick to their paws and they look so funny trying to shake them off. Luke is especially fond of doing that. Hee Hee. :D

lbaker
11-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Richard, only dance when you have your hula skirt on (I forget which week that was but those coconut halves were a hoot, rember that scene in South Pacific "There is Nothing Like a Dame"). Gini, I made my famous crabcakes last night and they were a hit, made some fresh asperagooose too! Jenny has a suggestion for a DOTD (drink, not dog again) it's called an "Anti-Fungi" but I don't think I'm allowed to say what's in it :o Slick, ever had shrimp from New Awlens? They are almost as big as lobster tails :eek:

slick
11-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Slick, ever had shrimp from New Awlens? They are almost as big as lobster tails :eek:
You know that Region of the states is my dream vacation. I'm a big cajun fan and have heard about the cajun shimp and it just makes my mouth water. MMMMMM.

Richard in a hula skirt and coconut halves - now that's a different story.:eek: :eek:

catland
11-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Well, I know that Richard mentioned getting a travel thread started. I'd love to try out some cajun cookin'.

I'm not very creative with drinks so someone else will have to come up with the ingredients for a "funky mood" (all I can think of is "one part funk:p "

Well, my week is winding down. only 48 minutes 'till quitting time. We'll probably start taking out Christmas decorations this weekend. For us its a three week marathon to get the outside lights up.

Have a great weekend everyone. Remember to turn off the coffee pot and the lights. Last person out needs to lock up.:cool:

RICHARD
11-14-2003, 07:11 PM

"With your hands in your pockets and your pockets in your pants have you ever seen the fishies do the Hula Hula Dance??"

:D :D

Why does that seem like an appropriate note to end the week on?????????

the visuals are almost too much to bear...

Good nite Mrs. Calabash-- where ever you are!

slick
11-14-2003, 07:27 PM
Richard, sorry but I thought it was a cute song and didn't read anything inappropriate into it, until now that is. I guess you have second and third guess everything before posting. :rolleyes:

Goodnight Jimmy.

KYS
11-14-2003, 08:53 PM
Thanks catland!
Yum! I have never tried it, but dunking a cinnamon roll
in hot coco sounds pretty good. lol

Miss Meow
11-14-2003, 09:24 PM
...At the first of the year I thought I would put a date in stone so everyone could start planning and hopefully make it in 2004.

Richard, that gives us a good six months to clean the place up........dump the trash etc.

I am so tempted to ring my good debtors at Visa and up my card limit so we can come next year. :eek: + :D = bankruptcy but a whole lot of fun!

RICHARD
11-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Richard, sorry but I thought it was a cute song and didn't read anything inappropriate into it, until now that is. I guess you have second and third guess everything before posting. :rolleyes:

Goodnight Jimmy.

:confused:

I ate a fish sandwich the other day and the though t of seeing a fish dancing on the bun made me nervous!