PDA

View Full Version : Miracles...

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-13-2003, 05:42 AM
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the dog house or not.. but this story just made me so excited and I wanted to post it....

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/health/special/1103/13child.html

I have been wanting to make a post too about the miracles that I have witnessed in just a few months at my church. All these stories make me so excited and just make my faith expand beyond all measure!!!

Hope this post isn't too long...

There is a couple at my church and they were wanting to bring the wife's parents over to America to live from Mexico. After much prayer they finally got them here. They found out not too long after that her mother was in advanced stages of cancer. We had all been praying for so long to get them to America and then were praying even harder for God to heal her mom of her cancer. The day she went in for her first chemotherapy treatment her son wanted the doctors to run some more tests. And when they did they all CAME BACK NEGITIVE!!.. It has been about 2 and a half months now and she is still cancer free... and never had to have any chemo!!!!

There is another man at my church that found out he had a tumor in one of his lungs. We were all praying that God would heal him. After he came out of his surgery we found out the tumor was benign (sp) *not cancerous*. BUT this was his testimony when he came back to church.... He said some time ago he was having some serious back troubles, and sometimes the pain would be really really bad. He had to take a trip for his work and when he got to his hotel he said his back was hurting so bad that he got some wine to drink so he could get some sleep. He said he woke up and was saying his back hurt him so bad he decided to go to the emergency room. When he went outside though it was still dark and he said when he checked the time it was only 2:00 am... but he had thought it was later morning. He said he just cried and prayed and asked God to heal his back. He said that he felt a warmth in his back and could hear it cracking... and since then he had no more pain.. BUT THAT IS NOT THE MIRACLE YET... Before his surgery to remove his tumor he had to go in for an MRI.. and the doctor was asking him of the surgeries he had in the past and he listed them off for him and the doctor asked him WHEN HE HAD HIS FUSION... but he told the doctor he had never had a fusion.... GOD FUSED HIS BACK...

I am so excited about the Lord and all He is doing. These are only a few of the miracles that have happened at just my church.. there are so many more medical miracles alone that we are witnessing... and like I said ... I AM JUST SO EXCITED... to excited to not share the good news!!!!

:D

jenluckenbach
11-13-2003, 05:55 AM
:D WOW :D

moosmom
11-13-2003, 06:54 AM
Sara,

I believe in that stuff! My daughter Amy is also a walking miracle. She was diagnosed at the age of 16 with a malignant brain tumor. My friend's church set up a prayer group for her. I am very proud to say that Amy Elizabeth is fully recovered and has been in remission for 12 years this December.

Tonya
11-13-2003, 07:16 AM
A post is never to long when it is positive news! Thanks for sharing those, they gave me the chills. This is a great way to start my day. A miracle in my life a while back is what finally convinced me that there was a God. I became a Christian then.

slick
11-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Yup, miracles do happen, I've never doubted that.

Kendra
11-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Thanks so much for sharing your stories! It is truelly wonderful to see how God is moving in your church. -Why wonder you are bubbling over with excitement! Also, I'm also glad to see that your faith has been growing and that you are on fire for the Lord!

popcornbird
11-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Such stories definitely increase my faith in God.............and I can't help but wonder how, just how anyone cannot believe in God. Its something that I cannot comprehend.

We have a miracle in our family too, that I would like to share. When my brother was around 7 or 8 years old, he came up with a strange fever, with his temperature going as high as 105 degrees. It lasted for about 3 weeks, and it was the scariest thing........mostly because the doctors couldn't figure out what it is. They were so stupid, really, the doctors...........started guessing he had all these kinds of wierd things and wanted to do surgeries etc. All the antibiotics they gave made him worse. Anyway, since nothing was working, my parents decided to give up on the doctors, and just turn to God for help. As Muslims, we believe honey has the cure to every disease except death.........meaning that if a sick person is not meant to die with a disease, honey will help it no matter what. It does work, and I've seen it so many times.......its amazing. Only recently they discovered how many benefits honey has, but God had told us this, a long long time before.

Anyway, my parents stopped giving him all medications, and practically made him drink honey, every day, several times a day, accompanied with prayers throughout the night. Few days later, he was all well. It certainly was a miracle because it was such a serious illness, and the docs didn't know what it was.........yet with honey and with God's answer to our prayers, he was cured.

This is not the only thing I've seen in my personal life. I always pray...........all the time, and God has NEVER put me down for anything I prayed for. God has always answered my prayers. I know God is there, I know God will always be there, and I know........that if there is no one there in the world for me, God will still be there. I trust God more than anything, and nothing can make me lose my faith in Him.

luckies4me
11-13-2003, 01:14 PM
WOW all these stories are just so great. I love hearing things like this because it gives me more hope for my father.

robinh
11-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Ten years ago my sister was diagnosed with CML - Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. We were lucky to find a donor in another sister. Not just any donor - 6 out of 6 antigen match - the doctor said that was just about unheard of in non-twin sisters (and these two are 11 months apart in age). We started I don't know how many prayer chains in several different churches. She got out of the hospital earlier than they said they would release her and she had less problems than they said she'd have. Today she is considered "cured" of her leukemia.

Another one: My oldest sister was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. Put her on the prayer chains. She went through chemo and at her last doctor visit - clinical remission. Doctors are amazed.

And another one: In May, my nephew was hit by a drunk driver and nearly died. He lost a leg in the accident. Again, more prayer chains. Today he's alive - missing the leg, true; but other than a couple of scars on the back of his head from smacking his helmeted head on the ground - he's fine.

No one will ever convince me that prayer doesn't work. God answers when you pray - maybe not the exactly way you want, but he always answers.

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-14-2003, 05:25 AM
Thanks everybody for sharing your miracles too! I love to see God getting the glory for all the wonderful things He does!!!!

:D

ChrisH
11-14-2003, 06:43 AM
Sara, and everyone, wonderful testaments, thank you for posting them. :) I don`t have any big-time miracles to share but I believe they happen. And I believe that smaller ones take place everyday too, though we sometimes don`t notice.

Chris