PDA

View Full Version : Mugsy's Menagerie - A Report

Edwina's Secretary
10-29-2001, 04:13 PM
On Saturday my husband and I went to Fort Wayne IN to visit his family. Mugsy had invited us to meet her fur family (my husband kept saying…”explain this again, 13 dogs???&#8221 ;) We took along our 12 year old niece and her friend…both of whom are real dog fanatics. The girls found the house first…”Look at all those dogs in the back yard” they shouted.

Mugsy’s husband said he would let the dogs in gradually – as four or five bounded in and greeted us. Then some more, then some more. It was a challenge to keep track. Here’s Sox with her tennis ball, Vonny on the table, Shawna to share the sofa, George, Sophie, Tigger, and Serenity looking for head scratches. And Daisy, the half grown Great Dane (!?!) who needed both girls to make a big enough lap for her to loll. Then there was momma’s girl DeeDee and mamma’s boy Dudley.

Shawna was the favorite of the girls – and my husband who referred to her as “the redhead.” Such a lover girl!!!

I was unable to pick a favorite – too many I would have taken home in a minute (well, I’m not sure what Edwina would say about that!)

Now I must share a little gossip…. It is about Billy (the one-eyed Beagle – looks just like the beagle in the movie Cats and Dogs) and the object of his unrequited and unending love - Jazzy – the full-grown Great Dane. Poor Billy – he tried each back leg, front leg (the only parts of Jazzy he could even dream of reaching) anything. Jazzy just look at him with that look and heavy sigh that tall, gorgeous woman perfect. With a barely perceptible twitch of her leg and curl of her lip she simply ignored him and his passionate ardor.

Now I know I am missing one – the latest addition – “the blond” as my husband said. But, it was so much to absorb and lots of fun. The girls spent the drive back practicing matching dogs and names and characteristics. What an experience! Thanks Mugsy!

jackiesdaisy1935
10-29-2001, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the report Edwina's secretary, What a house full of love and so much fun.
I envy you all those wonderful, fun, loving dogs Mugsy.
Jackie

tatsxxx11
10-29-2001, 05:16 PM
You must have been in doggie heaven!! Paws, licks, kisses everywhere :) Did you get any pics???? Please say yes!! And I think you did GREAT on keeping all of the names straight! (Almost :D)

Dixieland Dancer
10-29-2001, 05:57 PM
PICTURES PLEASE!!! WE NEED PICTURES!!!

mugsy
10-29-2001, 07:28 PM
Edwina, your mommy has missed her calling. Instead of human resource manager, you should be a writer!! Gee, you made ME want to go see the dogs!! By the way, "the blond" is Tobey. We'll forgive the forgetting, you did an awesome job remembering. Besides, you hadn't seen pictures of Tobey and he was outside most of the time! Tell the girls that they are welcome back to play whenever they want. The dogs crashed VERY early that night and slept all night...I didn't even get pushed out of bed once!

Logan
10-29-2001, 08:47 PM
I know those two little girls were in doggie Heaven at Mugsy's house!! :D How much fun that must have been!! Sounds like you had a wonderful visit!!! :D

Daisy's Mom
10-29-2001, 09:26 PM
I am so jealous! I would love to visit the mugsy house! With 13 dogs I'd be in total heaven. I hope there were some pictures taken!

aly
10-29-2001, 09:45 PM
Oh wow, it sounds like you guys had so much fun! I would love to go to mugsy's house any day! All of the dogs are sooooo precious :)

mugsy
10-29-2001, 10:53 PM
Ok, now how many times to I have to say that everyone is invited any time they want to come. Edwina's Secretary was also very diplomatic and didn't mention the nasty looking carpet and the dust all over the house either!! Poor girl, her allergies were nuts...I felt really bad!! She wasn't kidding either when she had to brace herself. Serenity latched on to her pretty tight!! And she was also right when she said it took both girls to have enough lap for DaisyMae! lol Thanks guys for being so interested in the pooches. I wish everyone could come and bring their poochies to play with ours....wouldn't our nasty neighbor love that! hehehehehe <eg>

Edwina's Secretary
10-30-2001, 11:08 AM
As to photos....I'm forced to make a few rather embarrassing admissions.
1. I had my camera in my purse. Perhaps that's what a few of the dogs were burrowing for in there? I got so caught up I forgot. How I would love to have a photo of the lusty little man Billy and the jaded Jezebel Jazzy!
2. It really wouldn't make a difference as I don't have a digital camera or a scanner (of course the holidays are just around the corner.)
3. Even if I had either of those I don't have the know-how to post photos.

So you will all just have to go to Fort Wayne and see for yourself!

Dixieland Dancer
10-30-2001, 01:47 PM
We'll put a good word in for you with Santa to deliver a digital camera. Or if you prefer a scanner let us know and we'll tell him that's what you want.

As for posting pictures, it's really quite simple and once you get the hang of it, you'll be like the rest of us and take pictures everywhere! :D

AdoreMyDogs
10-30-2001, 02:20 PM
That is so cool that you got to visit all those pups...I hope you gave Dudly an extra hug for being so darn cute :) Good recap, too...you should consider writing :)

RachelJ
10-30-2001, 03:47 PM
Oh wow, another Pet Talk Meeting. What a great report Edwina's Secretary! Thanks so much for letting us enjoy the visit with you. Now seeing as you're in Chicago and we are not that far away from you, if the girls ever need a smaller dose of dogs, you are welcome here.