PDA

View Full Version : Leather couches

Tonya
11-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Lovemyshiba's post in dog behavior jogged my memory...

My mother in law's pom licks her leather couch every day, for a while--it's funny to watch!!!

I want leather couches so bad, but I envision my dogs seeing them as giant rawhides. It'd be a disaster at the very least to spend a few thousand on couches and come home to see them chewed up. Do dogs tend to chew on them?

Crikit
11-12-2003, 10:55 PM
We have both a leather lazyboy couch and a leather lazyboy chair. The dogs licked it a little at first and but otherwise they leave it alone now prefering to sleep on it instead...well that's not totally true Winter likes to herd both of them when we have it reclined...she's a freak.

Twisterdog
11-12-2003, 11:25 PM
I don't have leather furniture, but I do NOT allow any dogs to ride in my car that has leather seats. That car is my BABY, and I don't want a single scratch on those seats!

Shelteez2
11-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
I don't have leather furniture, but I do NOT allow any dogs to ride in my car that has leather seats. Tcar is my BABY, and I don't want a single scratch on those seats!

Then cut your dogs nails :p Mwaaahaaahaaahaa. j/k

I don't have leather furniture either, but I've stayed at some places that do. I've noticed that my dogs don't jump up onto the leather couches, while they are always on the other couches. But maybe that's just my dogs :)

Twisterdog
11-12-2003, 11:30 PM
Then cut your dogs nails Mwaaahaaahaaahaa. j/k

Ppppttthhhh .... :p What do you think I am, a groomer or something? ;)

NO dog will EVER ride in Ringo! I hardly let my CHILD ride in that car! :D

Shelteez2
11-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Ppppttthhhh .... :p What do you think I am, a groomer or something? ;)

NO dog will EVER ride in Ringo! I hardly let my CHILD ride in that car! :D

So I take it you will pick me up from the airport in the shop's van? Do I have to ride in a kennel??? LOL

Twisterdog
11-12-2003, 11:53 PM
So I take it you will pick me up from the airport in the shop's van? Do I have to ride in a kennel??? LOL

You are neither a dog nor a child ... therefore you may ride in Ringo. No food, no drinks, no smoking, no muddy shoes. ;)

Or, you could ride in a crate, whatever you are more comfortable with. I aim to please. :D

Shelteez2
11-13-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
I don't have leather furniture either, but I've stayed at some places that do. I've noticed that my dogs don't jump up onto the leather couches, while they are always on the other couches. But maybe that's just my dogs :)

Well apparently Clipse read this and has decided to make a liar of me. I just took this pic right now.
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Nov/200311123238563409654599.jpg

LOL

popcornbird
11-13-2003, 02:03 AM
I don't have leather furniture, but I do NOT allow any dogs to ride in my car that has leather seats. That car is my BABY, and I don't want a single scratch on those seats!

You're like my dad. He won't let the birds enter our new SUV..........because it has leather and he doesn't want them to scratch it with their claws. :o :o I did sneak them in a couple of times.......SHHHHHHHHHHH :o :o.................I had to show them the new car! :p He he he

I don't think they can scratch the seats though. Dogs probably can, yes.........but birds no. They walk on our leather couches in the living room and there isn't a single scratch or mark or anything on them! My dad's just being over-protective of his big baby (the car). :o :p

tomkatzid
11-13-2003, 03:46 AM
We have leather. None of the kids lick or chew it. I keep it covered with a quilt because it's so darn cold to sit on. And sticky in the summer, when your hot. And you have to dust them. Probably won't do leather again.

Tonya
11-13-2003, 06:47 AM
And you have to dust them.

Okay! Enough said! No leather for me. lol.

Twisterdog...you better be careful what you say. My ex-husband gave me the "No food, no drinks, no smoking, no muddy shoes." speech on our first date...I got carsick and puked all over his car that night! LMAO. I should have known not to marry him when he showed up at my house at 7am the next day to make me clean out his car. What a gentleman. :rolleyes:

Logan
11-13-2003, 07:19 AM
We have leather in both cars. We have a leather couch too. As bad as my dogs can be at times, they have never scratched or chewed the leather. They do not get on the couch (or at least they aren't supposed to, but Lilly has been "testing" the limits, lately, I think hoping that if she curls up in a tight ball, I won't see her :o ). Even with that big girl climbing on the couch, she hasn't scratched it. They are so much easier to clean, and if you keep the leather conditioner on them, they hold up beautifully.

Just my two cents.

tomkatzid
11-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Right, and you do have to condition them too. They do seem to be easier to clean than cloth. We use Murphy's oil soap and it does a great job. Shep-ee (RB) had very oily hair and would lay up against the chair. It left a while film on the side and had to be cleaned every so often. But it always came off and looked just fine. I'm not so sure that would have been the case with cloth.

CJ7Boomer
11-13-2003, 03:01 PM
We have leather couches and chairs and 5 dogs in the house right now, they never licked or chewed the furniture. but you know how some dogs paw at the place where theyre about to lay down sometimes, like their dog bed? well we have a few scratch marks here and there on the seats lol:rolleyes: but its barely noticable when you have to condition them..which is kind of a pain though

Twisterdog
11-14-2003, 12:36 AM
I should have known not to marry him when he showed up at my house at 7am the next day to make me clean out his car. What a gentleman.

Wow. You are either very tolerant or very forgiving! Not only would I have not married a guy that did that, I would not have even gone a second date with him. :D