PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Penpal?

Tweety_Pie
11-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Do you have a penpal(s) from pet talk or outside of pet talk?

I do! Jynnelle (tikeyas_mom) is my penpal:)

binka_nugget
11-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Jynnelle and I have written to each other a few times. I've written to Jordan too. Outside of pet talk, I have none lol.

Moose
11-12-2003, 08:27 PM
I don't have any. :( lol

popcornbird
11-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Penpals.............you mean.....as in snail mail? No, I don't have any.....BUT there are several PT'ers that I can call *e-pals*. :p

The last time I had a real penpal was in elementry school. They made us all get a penpal from an elementry school in another state. :D

Tweety_Pie
11-12-2003, 09:01 PM
I had a penpal from Sweden last year! :)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
The last time I had a real penpal was in elementry school. They made us all get a penpal from an elementry school in another state. :D

I did that too! :)
Nope...no penpals. :(
Maybe we should start something like that? Hmmm...;)

Kfamr
11-12-2003, 09:30 PM
I've written many PT'ers along with sent packages back and forth to each other. :)

Amy(wolf_q) probably being the one I send most with. :)

Tonya
11-12-2003, 09:57 PM
I have a really good internet friend named Jesse. He lives in Ohio and is married with two kids. We met (online) long before either of us were married. We've always been platonic and have never met in person.

Tweety_Pie
11-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Maybe we should start something like that? Hmmm...;)

GOOD IDEA! :D

bluekat
11-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I would love to start something for it:D I don't have a penpal:( Although I would love to have one. Anyone?:p lol;)

green_chameleon_girl
11-13-2003, 05:44 PM
I will be penpals with you but only if you have msn so I dont have to give you my address on the actual internet from the millions of "Bobs" LOL!

Kendra
11-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Yes, I can say that I do. I met my pen pal at a weight-loss class almost a year ago. We became friends over a common interest that we both have in making our own greeting cards. We both make greeting cards on the computer, but she also makes cards by using rubber stamps. Basically, our correspondence started out by sending each other our own "homemade" cards.

On the average, she sends me a card or a letter every week; whereas, I write to her only about once a month. :o I love receiving her cards (she does a beautiful job of making them), but I also feel guilty at the same time for not writing to her as often as she writes to me.

The nicest card that she ever made for me was on Mother's Day. She sent me a card with my dog's picture on the front of it with a wonderful poem on the inside that was from my dog to me! -I was about in tears I was so touched! :)

bluekat
11-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Yes, I have msn:) I think you're on my list. My email is [email protected], but I'm not on right now.

carole
11-13-2003, 06:48 PM
I can always remember having pen-pals, by snail mail in my day, as a youngster and even as I were older and a single parent, I remember one Joseph from Germany, Johanna from Australia as a child, and Sulem from Kenya, but now I have a online buddy from mass , USA, he is my best friend and we have known each other for over two and half years now, its all platonic, although he is single and looking, infact I am always trying to hitch him up with someone, he is a few years older than me, and a dog lover, oops here I go again.:)

stacwase
11-13-2003, 06:59 PM
I have written back and forth with a few people from pet talk, but I don't have a real e-penpal. I used to, but then we lost touch after about a year or so.

If there's anybody out there approximately my age who is just generally a nice person, I'd love to have one! I'm 34 and married with a mixed skinkid/step-skinkid family and 4 furkids and kind of an odd schedule - sometimes I'm gone for 3-4 days at a time, but I'm home more often than not. I'm fanatical about my dogs, learning to love cats. I'm an ICU nurse. My favorite hobbies are gardening, feeding wild birds, photography, charcoal sketching and watercolor.

I'm really into the outdoors - I love hiking and kayaking and camping (especially combining the hiking and kayaking with the camping!)

When I was in my early 20s, I worked as a secretary. I type really fast (clocked at my record 120 words per minute once) so my messages get really wordy really quickly. I do try to keep them reasonable, though.

If you're interested in chatting, PM me!

Oh - and my husband is rather possessive so it would be best if my penpal was female (or had a nickname that wasn't gender specific). :D :D :D

petlover
11-13-2003, 07:26 PM
I have talked to MANY people on Pet Talk. I don't really have a real penpal.:( I would love to have one though. :) Maybe someday....

Anyhow, I like a lot of people on Pet Talk, but nope...
NO penpals.:(

Any takers? lol :D I also think that it would be great if yall started a deal like that. It would be fun!!!:)

cali
11-13-2003, 07:33 PM
in elementery school we had to have penpals, and in guids too, everyone always got a letter back to them and continued on exept me, I had penpals in school we had to do them like very year and I was the only one who never received anything back:( so I have had horrable experiences with penpals so no I dont have any:(

petlover
11-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Awwww, poor Cali. Just remember, not all Pen Pals are like that.:)

Mommyto10birds
11-30-2003, 01:55 PM
If you would like to be a penpal to someone in Iowa please email me at [email protected] and I will send ya my addy unless you would rather be email pals. Patti:)

12-01-2003, 10:23 AM
I used to have many, but not anymore :( ! So, I am intersted in getting one! You can always pm me :) :)

2kitties
12-01-2003, 10:34 AM
When I was in grade school I had a penpal in Singapore. So fascinating. We always sent each other gifts wrapped in newspaper. I think both of us enjoyed the newspaper more than the gift!