PDA

View Full Version : 2 more to add to the pack...temporarily

mugsy
10-21-2001, 09:30 PM
Well, we're up to 13 in the house right now. Mike found a beautiful, young, male, (we think)Shepard/Husky/Bull Terrier mix on Friday and he's been with us since then and is a real sweetie. We have put ads in the paper, posted found posters, called both shelters, and the vets around here for found reports and NOTHING! Geez, I can't imagine dumping a dog this sweet. When I went online to check our newspaper's classified (we don't get the weekly paper), I found a found ad for a Great Dane pup, so I called to see if they had found the owner and he said no, but didn't know what to do with her because his house was too small and he was keeping her in a shed. I told him that if by Sunday night he hadn't found the owner that we would take her and foster her until we find a good home for her. But, as is par, when Mike saw her he decided that she probably wasn't going anywhere. We are calling her Daisy and the male dog Tobey. Oh yes, we figure she is abou 5 months old because her adult teeth are not all the way in. They are both lovers. They love to give kisses and like to cuddle. Both fit right in with the dogs too. You should see Daisy play with Billy the Beagle...too cute. Right now she and George are scooting across the floor all splayed out and barking at each other. Tobey will jump up with his front paws on your lap and lay his head on your chest and give you kisses. They are both adorable.

kobieeli
10-21-2001, 09:43 PM
What a sweet story, you softies! Now...
SHOW US THE PICTURES!!! Even "temporary" (wink wink) residents deserve to have their mugs posted here! :D :D What color is the Dane pup?

[ October 21, 2001: Message edited by: kobieeli ]

Sudilar
10-21-2001, 09:47 PM
There are angels who walk this earth and quite a few of them are registered at Pet Talk!! :) :)

mugsy
10-21-2001, 11:47 PM
Daisy is a Boston. Black with white. Not the one that looks like a Holstein. Mike just gave her a bath and she was a riot. She ran down the hall and then rubbed her head on the floor and then scratched the floor and rolled around. She was one really fired up little girl. Ok, here's the deal. I have pictures of 10 of the dogs on a photo CD, but I have no clue how to post them on here. I don't have Shawna (the camera shy Aussie), Daisy, and Tobey. Wanna enlighten me on the procedure...I don't want to ask Mike, he already makes fun of me (in fun only!).

Stenograsaurus
10-22-2001, 11:24 AM
Tempororily? Yeah, right!!!! I believe that one!!! ;) :D :p And, you know, if you keep these two, 13 is an unlucky number so you'll have to get another one!!

mugsy
10-22-2001, 03:53 PM
Oh Steno, let's not get any more crazed than we already are. I have a feeling if both don't stay, that Daisy will. Mike has a soft spot for Danes.

Daisy's Mom
10-22-2001, 04:17 PM
well Daisy is a great name! :) Wow, 13 dogs! I am sooo jealous. Good luck on finding them homes!

jackiesdaisy1935
10-22-2001, 08:27 PM
Oh Mugsy, I envy you, your home must be filled to the brim with love. All those dogs to kiss and love, that is a full time job.
We must give Mike credit too, he has to be an animal lover to take care of so many.
A great name for a sweet pup, "Daisy" sounds familiar :D If you don't keep them I hope you find wonderful homes for them. Good luck.
Jackie

mugsy
10-22-2001, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys, Mike says thanks too, but he laughs at me for telling you guys this stuff. I also can't take credit for the name Daisy, Mike looked at her and said, "She's Daisy." and of course I wasn't going to argue. So DM, you and Mike have the good taste! lol

JAQ
10-22-2001, 09:38 PM
You truly are a saint and a guardian angel for these animals!!! I am jealous as I only have 9! But, you know, that could change at any time! They all come into our lives for a reason and add so much to our lives. Whether you keep them or find them loving homes I know they will be forever grateful to you and Mike for your love and kindness! :)

mugsy
10-23-2001, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys. Daisy is hilarious. She is the most vocal dog I've ever seen. She "talks" all the time. Tobey and DeeDee (a strange sight...22 pound DeeDee and probably 70 pound Tobey) are wrestling in the hall right now and believe it or not DeeDee is holding her own. Daisy is talking as usual and everyone else is being lazy and sleeping...it's a dreary day and the barometric pressure is low and that's usually what they do when that happens.

I already posted on the General thread, but here is the web address at webshots where the pictures of all the poochies except Shawna, Tobey, and Daisy, can be found.
http://community.webshots.com/user/mugsy1961

Enjoy!

ilovehounds
11-02-2001, 07:09 PM
Wow you are an Angel :)

All your doggies are soo beautiful and lucky to have found two amazing people to love them.

Are Billy and George rescued or adopted ?? If they are take a look at the page Im creating, we would love to have Billy and George part of our "Happy Hounds" page.

Happy Hounds (http://www.geocities.com/the_hound_house/happyhomes.html) is a page where people who rescue or adopt hounds can tell their story, it lets people know that hounds make wonderful pets.

If Billy and George are rescued or adopted and you would like to add them please email me their story and a pic.

[email protected]

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: ilovehounds ]

mugsy
11-02-2001, 08:17 PM
Oh yes, we don't have any dogs that aren't rescues. I will email you their stories and I'll see if I can figure out how to email the pictures and if I can't Mike will be able to.

mugsy
11-04-2001, 01:05 PM
OK Steno, you win....they're ours now. It's official, because yesterday I went over to Pet Warehouse and ordered name tags for both of them.

Stenograsaurus
11-04-2001, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by mugsy:
<STRONG>OK Steno, you win....they're ours now. It's official, because yesterday I went over to Pet Warehouse and ordered name tags for both of them.</STRONG>

hehehehe

mugsy
11-04-2001, 09:38 PM
I hate it when people gloat! lol :p :p

Stenograsaurus
11-05-2001, 08:47 AM
:D :D :p :p
Seriously though, Mugsy, you are a Godsend to all the amimals you have in your home!!! It's truly an honor "knowing" a person like you.