PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be willing to donate?

luckies4me
11-11-2003, 09:08 PM
I am thinking of starting a page to take donations so I can help my dad's ferals get spayed/neutered and vaccinated. There are eight kittens that are 13 weeks old. I am so sad over these kittens that I don't know what to do. Each time one "dissapears" he gets sadder and sadder. They don't deserve this. If I could somehow raise enough money to get these kittens, at least the females first fixed and their mother I would feel a lot better. He plans on keeping Snowball in the house as a housecat thank goodness and I may wind up taking one myself. I am going to have him take pics of all the kittens.

Is there anyone here in California who would be willing to foster or adopt one of these kittens? I just don't know what to do. My dad sent me another photo today of an nice orangie kitten, and my heart just sank. :(

luckies4me
11-11-2003, 09:14 PM
I am also thinking of having him bring two kittens with him so I can foster them when he comes for Christmas as it looks like we are not going to California for Christmas but sending my dad here instead. This way he can maybe take two kittens with him on the plane on a carrier. Does anyone know if this can be done and is Alaska airlines let you bring cats on board to put under the seat?

I don't know what else to do. That way I can at least find homes for two....although I willmost likely keep them lol. I really like this long haired orange one, hehe. :D I'm scared someone is going to end up taking them somewhere and dumping them. :mad:

Does anyone have any advice? I don't have long distance now but when Dan gets paid I will get a calling card and call some of the vets around there to see how much it costs for spays/neuters and vaccines and well as Leukemia and ...........ooh my dad just signed in. Anyway to test for FIV too. Thanks to anyone in advance!

Steffi N
11-11-2003, 09:18 PM
I sent you a PM.

luckies4me
11-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Oh my, the mother has had FOUR litters already!!!!!!!! :( :( :( Total of 13 kittens all together. What do I do? I don't want them to suffer anymore. :(

luckies4me
11-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Steffi N
I sent you a PM.

Ok I will go read it now, thanks. :)

aly
11-11-2003, 09:49 PM
I can't tell you how much I wish I could help by donating, fostering, or adopting. I REALLY want to, but I just can't right now :( I'm a bit over my head with my own foster/rescue situations. I'm sure you know how that goes.

I will offer my prayers and good vibes for these babies. Thanks for trying to help them and I wish you the best of luck.

NoahsMommy
11-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Are they any local clinics willing to do the for a lower cost? What about where you work? Would they at least give you a discount?

The local shelter here will fix a female for $40, shots included would be $45. Males are $20-$25.

popcornbird
11-12-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Does anyone know if this can be done and is Alaska airlines let you bring cats on board to put under the seat?

I don't have any advice, but I do know Alaska Airlines allows cats on board under the seat, because the last time I went on the airline, the lady next to us had her little kitty in a carrier under the seat in front of her. :D

Tonya
11-12-2003, 07:29 AM
That picture melted my heart! I want that kitty! I can't help you though, I am sorry. This link is actually to our local pound. It has a few sites on that page for cats. I was able to find vets who spay and neuter for free though those sites. Perhaps they can guide you somewhere. Good luck!

http://animalservices.8m.com/mainmenu.htm

catmandu
11-12-2003, 09:44 AM
I would also like to help , but am overwhelmed by Vet Bills! And JJJ3 , Moose and Diane have to go in for teeth cleaning. Have to go! That is at least another thosand dollars!

luckies4me
11-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Are they any local clinics willing to do the for a lower cost? What about where you work? Would they at least give you a discount?

The local shelter here will fix a female for $40, shots included would be $45. Males are $20-$25.

I am in Oregon and these kitties are in California at my dads place. ;) As soon as I get a calling card I am going to call some of the clinics around his area and see what they can do for us. It would costs thousands of dollars to ship all the cats here, and then pay for everything and since they are strays I cannot jepordize my cat's health.

I talked to my dad last night and he said he might be able to get spay and neuter certificates through the county so then I will only have to worry about their vaccinations. :) So I will keep everyone updated and see what happens.

luckies4me
11-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
That picture melted my heart! I want that kitty! I can't help you though, I am sorry. This link is actually to our local pound. It has a few sites on that page for cats. I was able to find vets who spay and neuter for free though those sites. Perhaps they can guide you somewhere. Good luck!

http://animalservices.8m.com/mainmenu.htm

That kitty is hopefully one he can bring with him when he comes and visits next month. I am going to have him bring two if he can, and have them get tested before and vaccinated, so then I can get them spayed here.

Thanks for the link, I will make sure to check it out. :)

luckies4me
11-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone. :) I just emailed Animal Friends of the Valley to ask for assistance in trapping and getting these kittens and the mom and dad fixed. Here is AFV's website:

http://www.a-web-design.com/leaf/public.html

It says they help with trasportation, and since my dad can't walk he obviously can't drive so this would be a big help. Hopefully I will recieve a response soon. Wish us luck!

luckies4me
11-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Things are starting to look better for these kitties! :D Here is the response I got just a few minutes ago. :D

"We do have a program thats helps with spay/ neuter, we cannot afford to do any testing. We can provide vaccinations and we can probably adopt them out since kitten season is drawing to an end. Could you or your dad call me? We do rescue work so we can pick up and transport to vet etc. We can also help your dad with any problems with his or other animals that might come up. I am so sorry he is facing these challenges. "

Anne

I took her number out for safety reasons but this has put a smile on my face. I am sure I can pay for his Snowball and two of the kittens to get tested, that's no problem. Then I can try to place them myself, or let them take two. I would be worried they would be euthanized is the only thing. But if they are spayed/neutered my dad should have no problems adopting some of the kittens out, or they can at least stay at his place. I would be willing to foster some of them so this is looking promising. Too bad I can't call right now but I am going to give her number to my dad so he can call her. :D

luckies4me
11-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Ok Lucky for me, hehe, Dan's dad came over so I got to use his cell phone! I called the lady and she said they would pay 100% of the spay/neuter fee and their vaccines! 100%! I can't believe it. So my dads job now is to write a list of every single cat so they make sure each and every one gets fixed and vaccinated. They also microchip them and deflea/deworm as well. I am so excited. :D

Steffi N
11-12-2003, 04:13 PM
How wonderful. What a great group of people. Lets look forward to a happy future for these kitties. I hope they all find good homes soon. :)

jazzcat
11-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Wow, what wonderful news. I'm glad these kitties are goning to hopefully get the chance they deserve. Yeah to you, your Dad and this wonderful organization!!

Could that orange kitty in the bowl be any cuter?? What a doll!

luckies4me
11-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Thanks! I know, that orangie is just soooo cute! :D We might take him/her too!

CatDad
11-12-2003, 07:57 PM
I thought that I had replied to this thread last night. Probably just me not paying attention.:o

Anyway, I am so excited to hear that you can get them all spay/neuter and Vaccinated for free.:D

There really are still good orginizations out there.:)

Anyway, I agree on the little orange kitty. Sooo Cute.

Good Luck, keep us updated.:D