PDA

View Full Version : Harry and Tonto (in memory of Art Carney)

daisy
11-11-2003, 07:04 PM
I just heard on the radio that Art Carney (also of "Honeymooners" fame) has died, and the film for which he won an Oscar, "Harry & Tonto", was mentioned. I've never seen this film and had always thought about renting it, but I'd always forget about it (you know how that goes). Has anybody on this board seen the movie? I read reviews on Amazon and found that his feline costar who played Tonto was a scene-stealer. I'd like to know what you thought of the film (would it be worth purchasing?)....

slick
11-11-2003, 07:40 PM
No, I've never seen the movie but Art Carney was truly a legend. Who else could play a straight guy to Jackie Gleason?? RIP Art.

Prairie Purrs
11-11-2003, 09:30 PM
It's a wonderful movie, but be prepared to cry your eyes out.

CatDad
11-11-2003, 10:07 PM
It is a good movie, I liked it. I would recomend seeing it.

I would rent it first, but I am a cautious person.

catmandu
11-12-2003, 09:46 AM
RIp Mr Carney. and the movie is wonderful , Tonto is a Big Orange Tom , who will steal your heart. And Cat Lovers will cry at the end. Art Carney , what a wondeful man , and preformer.

moosmom
11-12-2003, 03:09 PM
I met Mr. Carney when I was a kid walking on the beach near his Westbrook, Connecticut home. He stopped and talked with me (even though at the time I had NO idea who he was). He was the most wonderful, kind, softspoken man I had ever met. My aunt and uncle, who I was with at the time, told me he was a famous movie star. I never forgot it.

I will never forget you, Mr. Carney. Rest in peace.

RICHARD
11-12-2003, 03:44 PM
LOLOLOL...

Tonto doesn't like buses!!!!

;)

Pam
11-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Art Carney was a delight. One New Year's Day they had a four hour Honeymooners marathon on TV. I watched it all. Hubby thought I was nuts. :p Art Carney and Jackie Gleason were one of a kind! RIP Art. We loved you!